Bumble and bumble. A Bit Blondish Hair Powder uploaded by Kat J.Bumble and bumble. A Bit Blondish Hair Powder uploaded by Sarah C.Bumble and bumble. A Bit Blondish Hair Powder uploaded by Jennifer T.

BY BUMBLE AND BUMBLE #69 in Dry Shampoo

A tinted, dry cleanser for dark blonde and light brown hair colors. A Bit Blondish Hair Powder cleanses and refreshes hair while absorbing excess oil and adding volume and fullness. Use it to blend away roots between color appointments, extend the life of a blow-out, and leave hair with a silky, matte finish.

Kat J.
I got this product from Ulta for $36 (USD). For reference, I have dark blonde hair that is thin, straight, and starts to fall flat as soon as it gets dirty. So I was really excited to try this and see how it could possibly refresh my “day 2” hair.

First impressions: super easy to use. I applied it just like you would a normal dry shampoo, and followed the instructions exactly. Shake it, hold it 12 inches away from your hair, and spray. Wait until it dries, then brush. It’s that simple.

My hair was super greasy and stringy before applying. After using this product, I immediately noticed that my hair had more volume and it was beautifully matte. It didn’t look completely clean, which was a bit of a bummer, but that’s rare with any dry shampoo. I was decently pleased with my results.

Until I got in the shower the next day.....

As soon as my hair got wet, I saw light brown streaks running down my shoulders. As in, the tint from this Bumble & Bumble Bb.Hair Powder was not at all immune to water. Not a huge deal since I was in the shower, but that tells me that if I were to use this and get caught in the rain, I’d be in for some seriously stained clothing. You’d think that it would wash out with shampoo, but not just water alone,... I don’t know. It baffled me to consider how embarrassed I would be if some raindrops not only damaged my ‘do, but my outfit as well.

The results I got from this product were good, but not worth a ruined wardrobe anytime there’s precipitation. Especially since I live in a rainy climate. I will be returning this.
Agnes L.
Atlanta , GA
Things to know before purchasing: 1. Product color is brown. Nothing blond or blondish about it. 2. Product is horrible as a dry shampoo. 3. Product is fantastic for other purposes. I use B&B Pret á Powder dry shampoo which I absolutely love. I did not buy this hair power to use a dry shampoo .... it does not work well as a dry shampoo at all. It will leave your hair so crunchy you can barely pull a comb through it. What it does great, though, is cover up gray hair! I'm at that stage of life where I have enough to gray hair for it to be noticeable, but not so much gray hair that I'm ready to start coloring it. I tried the product in the Sephora store so I knew exactly what I was getting. Recommendations for use to cover unwanted gray: completely style your hair and use this product last. Spray on like a hair spray but use only very short, quick bursts of spray. Do not overdo it! Spray at least 6 inches away from your head, targeting only those spots you want to cover. I love this product the way I use it, but not as a dry shampoo. Also, it won't stay on in rain or pools, but it does not run down your skin or anything like that. My gray just reappears if it gets wet. It will last for days if you don't get it wet. It looks very natural with my brownish hair color.
Brandy D.
I got this in an empty box of about a year ago and I really enjoyed it. I don’t know why I didn’t repurchase it as it was a standout product. It Certainly gives a lot of Lyft to my lifeless hair As I remember I think I’m going to have to go get some at Sephora when I grab my living proof dry shampoo for my Virtual VoxBox. You just apply this to the routes like a dry shampoo and it leaves no white residue if you apply at the way they say leaving at about 6 to 8 inches away from your hair. And then I just apply a hair dryer and a brush to pull it through the ends. It’s a great product.
Alyssa V.
Pawtucket, RI
This extremely lightweight powder is a game changer, especially for those on the go! I bartend at a busy restaurant and do not always have the time to wash my hair after work so after a dry shampoo I use a small amount and run it through my hair. Helps it stay and look refreshed with zero stickiness, hardness. This will not feel or look heavy on your hair and keeps the blonde looking bright and never dirty or greasy
Brooke M.
Fort Worth , TX
Ok, so I have the world's FINEST hair. I've also got noticeable hair loss due to stress. I use this to cover that hair loss. I spray it in the spot where you can see my scalp and WALLLLAAAA, it looks like I have all my hair!!! HOWEVER, it does rub off onto my pillow if I don't wash my hair before bed-- you've been warned. Other than that, its a stinking life saver and keeps my confidence up!!!
Samantha W.
Sandy Springs, GA
 I still have this product. I'm not a huge fan of it it is quite sticky and the color is quite dark. I don't consider it blondish. I would not purchase it again. It does smell good but other than that it's not worth the cost. If you're looking for a dry shampoo use Not your mothers or Batiste. If youre looking for hair texturizer /volumeizer use of Umberto (at target).
Desiree S.
Fresno, CA
I thought the Bumble and Bumble a bit of blondish hair powder worked pretty great for styling my hair. After I took the plunge and went blonde, keeping it from looking dull or going brassy was very important to me. I had to change all of my hair care and styling products and this powder is one of my faves that I use all of the time. I highly recommend trying it out.
Emily N.
Boston, MA
This powder sounded like a great idea, especially when I'm overdue to have my roots done. Unfortunately, "a bit blondish" translates to "bright yellow" on my ashy blonde hair. For what this product costs, I chose to return my purchase to Sephora.
Erica H.
Mount Laurel, NJ
A bit pricey, but a great product! Different from other dry shampoos since the powder comes in a variety of colors, helpful for us brunettes who fight a constant battle of trying to blend in the white powder associated with most dry shampoos! (Also helpful in covering a few of those stray grey hairs while giving your hair a boost in between washes!)
Anne K.
This was ok, it’s basically a dry shampoo, with a hint of color. However, the color is more on the brown side, anyone with light to golden blonde hair, or highlights, should just use a regular dry shampoo. I’d rather use Batiste dry shampoo, as it leaves your hair looking amazing, and won’t ruin your blonde hair color.

back