BY BUMBLE

Bumble connects you to people around you. After two people mutually opt in by swiping right, they're added to each other's 'hive' of connections. The woman has to say something first within 24 hours or the connection disappears forever. For same sex connections, or friendships, either person has to make a move within 24 hours before that connection disappears. What if you run out of time? Don't worry! Each person can extend one connection a day for an additional 24 hours. Bee social!

• Do you feel safe using this app? How does it compare to o...5 Answers
  • has anyone had any success using this app?6 Answers
Kate B.
At first I enjoyed Bumble. The guys were very attractive and a lot of matches came up. However, it tries to match me with guys from Manhattan no matter how I set my distance specifications. Many guys also don't have any info except their current city. I do like that it's totally up to the girl to start it though. Instead of questioning whether I reach out or he does, I didn't have a choice.
Cristina G.
My sister swears by this dating app but she’s still single. Lol. IDK. I’m not exactly traditional but I do like the guy to make the first move, generally. She says you only have either 24 or 48 hours to make a move on a guy, in your cue (and that’s only if the guy in your cue liked you back.. think of tinder in that you both swiped right but now the chick has to make the move) or the dude is gone forever. My sister says she’s missed some good guys bc she waited too long or just forgot. Plus, she had to create a fake Facebook account just to use the app. We both hate FB. Why do we need FB to use apps anyways???? So if you’re a brave chick, you’ll love this app.
Jennifer K.
Staten Island, NY
I liked bumble because the girl makes the first move which is new and exciting. What I didn't like is that if someone doesn't respond in 24 hours it deletes their match from your list. I think it's a little ridiculous only because people are super busy with work and other things I don't think its fair to think they're glued to their app 24/7.

Still would recommend to other ladies who are looking for something new.
Lauren K.
I love the way bumble is so different from most dating apps. Girls have to message first. While I wish there was more time to message matches, I also like the concept that they expire within a certain amount of time. While there are definitely some crazies on here (be careful), I've had plenty more interactions with nice guys who actually ask questions that just don't involve getting in your pants.
Tameka P.
I think that it is cool how revolutionary Bumble is for a dating app. On this app, women have to be the ones to message guys first, which puts a twist on tradition and social norms. I have not encountered any other app like this. You also only have 24 hours to message the guy before the "connection" expires so you have to act quickly if there is someone that you're interested in!
Amy N.
Moore, SC
I love the concept of bumble and I like that the company seems to side on the non-creeps. It seems like more quality people (how awful is it to say that? Idk how to word it) focus on bumble. But the app glitches a lot and I found myself having to go back and restarting. I like the new implementation of them having to have the same amount of time to respond. Seems more fair.
Michelle M.
Ft Walton Bch, FL
Bumble is so much fun!! The men on this app love the fact that the woman has to speak first. I love that if one of the participants in the chat does not reply back within a certain amount of time, the chat expires and they are no longer in your chat history. This forces men to respond (which shouldn't be an issue, but they will match with you and never talk sometimes!!!) meaning that only people who are interested in you will stay in your chat history. This app seems to have primarily handsome users, but not as many people use it compared to other dating apps. This means you can quickly go through your options and may not have many matches. The matches you do make are meaningful, making this an awesome dating app!
Emily S.
Grove City, OH
Bumble is the best dating app I've used! It has allowed me to meet new people and explore my new city. From brunch with girlfriends to dinner and drinks with guys, it has been a lot of fun. I love that girls message first, because unlike other apps, I haven't received the unwanted, uncalled for messages from guys. I would absolutely recommend this app to a friend!
Stephanie R.
Portland, OR
It is great that the girls get to go first because you are less likely to run into creepy guys this way. I didn't pay for any of the extras because I just used the free version. I enjoyed this more than any of the other dating apps that I used, but I didn't like that it was a short time before the match went away. I would recommend this to friends who are searching.
Vanessa S.
jersey city, NJ
I moved here in September last year and I've been using the BumbleBFF function, which has been very good at helping me meet now friends in NYC! It's easy to navigate and use - swipe left or right! - and I like that you only have 24 hours to start a convo with a potential bff before the match expires. My only grouse is that the cropping of photos is a bit weird... I'd much prefer square photos.
Anya R.
has anyone had any success using this app?
Angel O.
Thomasville, NC
Do you feel safe using this app? How does it compare to others? Do you have to pay anything additional once you get it to really use it?