BY BUMBLE

Bumble connects you to people around you. After two people mutually opt in by swiping right, they're added to each other's 'hive' of connections. The woman has to say something first within 24 hours or the connection disappears forever. For same sex connections, or friendships, either person has to make a move within 24 hours before that connection disappears. What if you run out of time? Don't worry! Each person can extend one connection a day for an additional 24 hours. Bee social!

• Do you feel safe using this app? How does it compare to o...5 Answers
  • has anyone had any success using this app?6 Answers
Erica D.
Dayton, TX
I was impressed with Bumble from the start! There were way more impressive men on this app as opposed to competitor apps. I felt like there was more quality there as far as legitimate adults with grown-up jobs and interests. I actually met my now significant other on there and we have a baby on the way. It worked out quite well for me!
Kristen C.
Waldorf, MD
This site works off of matches and the women are in control. I have set my profile to specific settings and those settings seem to not matter as majority of the profiles I would swipe through would consists of a 2 hour commute to meet. This site does connect to Facebook so there is less fake profiles with this site. Beware, just like other dating apps there are still people seeking hook ups.
Jennifer F.
Baltimore, MD
I'm not sure if it is because it is a newer app, but I've had the best luck with this particular app. I actually find guys who want relationships and dating. I like that pictures are bigger and better quality and that you don't have to open a new window to scan all the photos. Also, because girls have to message first, I don't mass right swipe guys which also allows for more meaningful convos.
Jordann T.
Rockford, IL
Bumble is a great dating website for the confident girl. If you are the type that can spark up the conversation this is for you. It also forces you to make a move because you march will disappear after a certain amount of hours. You can also pay a little extra for reassurance that someone you like was interested in you too. That way making the first move feels a little less intimidating.
Jessica H.
Minneapolis, MN
Bumble is fun for like a day or two, but then I tend to forget about it. Internet guys will always be internet guys. A little creepy and not what you're looking for. It's kind of a fun feature to message first, but you only have a day to do so and I forget to check it so often that I lose matches all the time. The guys are more attractive than the ones on tinder though so i'll give it that.
Sarah L.
Dayton, OH
So, I'm not single anymore, but when I was, I really favored this app! Of everything that is out there I really found a higher quality of person that would be using this app. Apps like Tinder or Okcupid had some of the worst of the worst, but when I signed up for Bumble, I really started to feel like there was hope yet! I recommend trying Bumble, the best part in my opinion, is that ladies message first!
Danielle L.
Vineyard, UT
The whole idea with Bumble is that you match with someone, and then the girl has to be the one to send a message within 24 hours of matching. Which is great in theory! But I don't get on the app every day.. So when I match with a guy, there's a chance I won't even notice until the match has expired, since I have my notifications turned off. But if your notifications are on, I'm sure it would work well for you!
Mally B.
Bumble as the actual app itself, is great! It's super easy to use, and I like the fact that it allows the woman to initiate the conversation. This seems to be a way for the woman to sort of steer where they want the conversation to go. It is a free app, so there are going to be people that want something serious, to not so serious. It's a good app, just dependent on the people that you 'swipe right on'.
Originally, bumble was a little more serious than tinder on the spectrum of swiping and dating apps. Girls have 24 hours to message the guy first once she's connected with him and the guy has 24 hours to respond to make the connection. Chatting is pretty easy for the most part, you do get to upload photos if you want, but the app does have some issues with crashing. Lately the selection hasn't been as great, and running out of people in your area seems semi-frequent but it's still usually better than it's competitors.
Melissa G.
Lake Hiawatha, NJ
To each their own, but when I was single last summer, this app just didn't do anything for me. Given, I got 2 friendships out of it....but that's just because I friend zoned them. I wasn't about just hooking up and people were flakey and rude. Not the apps fault....the app itself was OK. I didn't like that people I knew in real life and we're FB friends, would show up on my feed.
Anya R.
has anyone had any success using this app?
Angel O.
Thomasville, NC
Do you feel safe using this app? How does it compare to others? Do you have to pay anything additional once you get it to really use it?