BY BUMBLE

Bumble connects you to people around you. After two people mutually opt in by swiping right, they're added to each other's 'hive' of connections. The woman has to say something first within 24 hours or the connection disappears forever. For same sex connections, or friendships, either person has to make a move within 24 hours before that connection disappears. What if you run out of time? Don't worry! Each person can extend one connection a day for an additional 24 hours. Bee social!

• Do you feel safe using this app? How does it compare to o...5 Answers
  • has anyone had any success using this app?6 Answers
Taylor V.
Roxboro, NC
I haven't been on Bumble for very long, but right off the bat I just didn't like it.

For starters, it has this weird expiration thing with your matches. Within a 24 hour time frame of you matching with someone, your match will "expire" whether you send them a message or not.

Another thing is that the app never notifies you when you have a match. This was super annoying.

Adjusting your pictures within the app can be a little tricky as well because the sizing is

Overall, tinder is just a better option.
Jo W.
Philadelphia, PA
I've been on several dating apps, and this one didn't really seem to bring anything new or interesting to the table other than making the girl initiate the contact, which I didn't really like. I'd rather have either party initiate contact. The 24 hour policy was an interesting thought but didn't actually do a lot to improve the experience or actually promote people to meet up. Even if I sent out a message within the time window, I often didn't get a reply back, which is the case with many dating apps.
Sarah G.
In theory, bumble is a great app. Men can only message you if you've matched, and you message them first. It definitely cuts down on the frequent unpleasant messages women often receive on dating apps.

In practice, bumble's dating pool is smaller than a lot of other dating apps. There's still a lot of great people, but they're often too far away to make arranging a date practical. It'll be interesting to see how bumble changes when they increase their user base.
Melanie B.
Bumble is a unique dating app in that women have to send the first message. Men are only able to respond once a message has been sent to them and the catch is, each first message gets only 24 hours. So, it puts the user on a bit of a time crunch. While some people may not like this amount of pressure, I think it's great. Normally, I would tell myself I'd send a message later and never would, but Bumble pushes me to send it right away. No more delay or questioning if the person will ever respond.
Jenna R.
I love how the girl has to make the first move! In all honesty, I only downloaded this app to try to find one of my favorite hockey players and hope that we connected. This app is also nice because everyone that you are given to say yes or no to is in a close distance away from you while apps like tinder can show you people almost 200 miles away, so it is very nice to know that these people are local and not on the other side of the state from you.
Elvira O.
Providence, RI
The idea of bumble is innovative and really sets it apart from all the other apps. It is a great concept but still flawed. It is all opinion but I had much harder luck than on tinder. However, I loved the high definition photos and the fact that it is not cropped. Going from tinder to this , it was hard to get into the groove of a new swiping rotation but also had some flaws making it more difficult to use at times. Overall, it doesnt hurt to try and was a great refresher from tinder.
Sunshine M.
Mesa, AZ
This app is totally cool. Kinda the same idea as Tinder, you know swipe right if you like and left if you don't. But this has a better feature. Girls have to be the first one to talk. Even if you swiped right on a person, and you realized...ummm no thanks... You'll be okay. The connection does expire within 24 hours so better get on the connection right away.
My favorite part, they have a BFF feature! So if you are just looking for girls to chill with this app has got your back!

Only downside, more people need to use it.
Sydney H.
Kansas City, MO
I like that this app gives women the power. In order to chat with someone, the users have to mutually like each other. From there, the woman needs to initiate the conversation. The male 24 hours to respond. I like that it gets me out of my comfort zone and forces me to talk to the guy first. One thing i don't like is that women only have 24 hours to initiate conversation before the match expires. It is hard to chat if you are busy or don't see the notification.
Luisa F.
Kansas City, MO
Bumble was a great way to meet people. I used it in different cities when I traveled because I trusted it and it's mission over Tinder. It is where I met my boyfriend after messaging him first! Overral it's not without its faults but the concept is an overall great addition to the dating world. With a new spin, but not so different from the core ideas that made Tinder so much fun, fresh, and exciting, just with a little more control.
Sondra C.
Park Ridge, IL
I absolutely love bubble! I recently moved to Chicago so I didn't know many people in the area bubble was a great app for me to make new girlfriends, and to meet some interesting guys in the area to date! Bubble has been a lifesaver when it comes to me needing to meet new people I've made a good group of girlfriends so far so I absolutely love the app! If it wasn't for this app it would be really hard to make new friends.
Anya R.
has anyone had any success using this app?
Angel O.
Thomasville, NC
Do you feel safe using this app? How does it compare to others? Do you have to pay anything additional once you get it to really use it?