BY BUMBLE

Bumble connects you to people around you. After two people mutually opt in by swiping right, they're added to each other's 'hive' of connections. The woman has to say something first within 24 hours or the connection disappears forever. For same sex connections, or friendships, either person has to make a move within 24 hours before that connection disappears. What if you run out of time? Don't worry! Each person can extend one connection a day for an additional 24 hours. Bee social!

• Do you feel safe using this app? How does it compare to others? D...5 Answers
  • has anyone had any success using this app?5 Answers
Mara S.
Pittsburgh, PA
I used Bumble as a female seeking females, so my experience was a little different than the opposite-sex dating experience.

Since it's girls talking to girls, anyone can initiate the conversation, which is the key difference between Bumble and Tinder. So with that out of the factors, it's literally the same experience as Tinder, and there were a lot of people that I found had profiles on both Bumble and Tinder - I had both as well.

I had it just in case there was anyone who didn't have a Tinder, but I didn't overall find it useful for me - probably could have just stuck with
Tinder
Sharonda T.
Tried bumble and although it is a nice approach for women making the final decision. The thing I didn't like was once the woman connected all they wanted to do was scroll through the pics and that was it. Reminded me of Tinder. Not really into it.
Jillian G.
Nyack , NY
For a while I only had a tinder account, but my friend told me about Bumble and  I figured I'd try it because why not? I like it SO much better than tinder. You don't get as many pervy guys with crappy pick up lines on there which is great. Definitely get one because seriously why not?
Christina D.
San Diego , CA
If I had reviewed this months ago, it would have gotten 1 star. Why? When it comes to dating, Bumble is for people who want to use Tinder, but don't want to be judged for using Tinder. It ends up being a lot of the same people, but the pretense is that you actually want to date, not just hookup. It is 90% the same guys you'd find on Tinder...so are we really thinking they want have a relationship? Maybe, but only if they're also looking to date on Tinder, too. So why have I changed my mind? Bumble BFF!

I am shy, introverted, and disabled. That is a disastrous combination for making friends. With Bumble BFF, I can talk with other women looking to make friends, too. This feature is wonderful, and I've begun the process of developing my squad. "But you only gave it three stars!" Yes, because you can only find friends that are the same gender that you are.

I've always been friends with more guys, than girls, and so for me to be pigeon holed into only finding friends who are also female, is a drag. I would love to find guys who are also looking for friends. I get that this creates a potential dating scenario, as guys could say they wanted friends, and pursue more, but it would be easy enough to say thank you but I'm not looking for that. Then you just move on. If Bumble updates the BFF feature so that I can find both male and female friends, they'll get more stars. As for the dating application for this app, though, one star, for sure. It's just a more socially acceptable form of Tinder. Let's be real!
Hannah O.
milford, CT
The guys on Okcupid were limited and a bit creepy, and a friend recommended this app to me. After getting it and looking at the guys in my area it was definitely an improvement, many guys I have seen were pretty attractive. But this also came off as pretty sketchy and unbelievable. All these guys I was seeing were preppy Ivy league college guys, some had model pics, and others were attractive 'actors' or CEO's. I did see a handful who were not and even people I knew or went to my college. I swiped right on many but barely got matches, when I did get a match and initiate conversations most of the convos just died (well maybe its just me). Also even if you swipe left on guys they will still show up which is a bit annoying. I got bored of the app and it became a bit tiring to have to be the one to start a conversation in 24 hours (you can pay to extend time but I didnt think it was worth it). My friend did meet someone and they are dating and very much happy together, while I only have been on 2 dates and just wasn't feeling a connection. I think it is worth a try though! You never know who is out there :)
Amber L.
Rock spring, GA
I like to refer to Bumble as the Target of the dating app world. Tinder is Walmart,  those "Elite" apps where you have to look a specific way or earn a certain amount is Whole Foods, and POF is Kmart. I was on Bumble for 3 weeks and in that time I had 3 matches.  Most girls average a heck of a lot more but I'm super picky, if they had a beard or a dog in their pics then I swiped left. The first one I talked to for a week, we made plans to meet up, and then he ghosted me. Good times. The second and third I ran out of time before sending the message (you only get 24 hours from when you are matched to send the first message before you match expires) so I am a freshman level of a Bumble user. After being ghosted and then getting busy I gave it up. While I was serious about finding a connection, I couldn't get past having to send the first message in 24 hours and then after being ghosted, I lacked the ambition to try again. I think the quality of folks on Bumble is a bit better than others apps but for the most part, the men on there don't take it seriously but I guess that may be the point of an app instead of a actual human interaction. I also would give the app design 5 stars since it was simple to figure out, super good looking, and very attentive to my activity. Basically if the app could be a guy it would be a winner.
Michelle G.
Playa Del Rey, CA
I prefer this dating app to the others mainly because it's fairly easy to use & because the women have the power to start the conversation. It's the best quality dating app that is available for free since Hinge went paid subscriber and anyone can start a conversation with you, but with Bumble - you hold the power & it's easy to gauge who is solid & who is not. Also, it has the Giphy gif app already built in, so if you're shy or feel timid about breaking the ice, a fun gif as an icebreaker is a great way to start a conversation with a match! I also like to use the gifs to gauge the match's interests and humor as well since I'm kinda dorky lol. I do kind of think the 24 hour limit to respond to someone you match with is kind of hard when you have those busy days where you completely forget to check in on the app to see if you've matched with anyone, and sometimes the app can be buggy with messages not coming through or going through right so that could maybe be a point of improvement.
Mandy G.
Wasn't the biggest fan of this app. I checked it out for a review post and even though the general layout and functionality of the app is the same as others in the category (swipe to approve/reject, pay for premium features, etc.), there isn't much about Bumble that sets it apart.

When going through potential matches, you get the same few matches every time, including the ones you reject, whether you go through the list every few days or every few weeks. It kind of feels like your responses to your matches doesn't matter much because even if you swipe 'no' on a photo, it'll be back the next time you log on.

When you factor in that you can't do much in the app, including view those who have swiped 'yes' on you, unless you get a premium subscription, its rather useless if you want to continue with the free version. So you'll be able to see who fits whatever criteria you have, but any interaction with them will be limited at best until you upgrade your subscription.
Alexandra N.
Oxford, MS
It's a pretty good dating app overall. I like that on Bumble I, as a woman, have to message first. It cuts down on the amount of creepy or over-sexualized messages I have received. It's a good app for meeting new people and casual dating. I definitely use it regularly. If I had to point out any problems it would be that instead of just promoting their paid features with an in swipe add it has the teasers of some of those features in app (like the green circles to show people who have swiped right on you showing up at the top of the screen whether you have paid for the feature or not). It just seems a bit cluttered to me. I also have received some not so family friendly pictures unsolicited since the app allows you to upload pictures to send in chat, although that isn't really the apps fault and more the nature of some of the people I've spoken to on there. Overall it's a good dating app and I plan to continue using it.
Shavonna H.
Ithaca, NY
There is a reason why men on Bumble use Bumble as opposed to other apps. These men are the weak men of the world. Unwilling to make the first move for whatever reason, they set the precedent for future interactions. I have never successfully met up with anyone I matched with, I don't get responses (like seriously the whole point is that girls make the first move if they're genuinely interested...return the favor!) I had a man once tell me "he was using bumble as 'practice' for when he met up with women he liked in real life". These men are the types of men who will never pay on the first date, won't buy you flowers, won't hold open a door, or remember your birthday. I'm not saying all the men on here are like that...but overwhelmingly it's apparent that most men have huge character flaws that prohibit them from being successful on other apps.
Angel O.
Lexington, NC
Do you feel safe using this app? How does it compare to others? Do you have to pay anything additional once you get it to really use it?
Anya R.
has anyone had any success using this app?