BY BUILD-A-BEAR WORKSHOP #8 in Websites

• Do you buy everything at once or come back and splurge? :D2 Answers
  • I've always wanted to build a bear and take my daughter. ...13 Answers
  • Is this worth the money? Do they tear easy?11 Answers
Llajaira P.
I would just like to say to please hire more employees at the Paramus park mall NJ. I had to wait over 2 hours to build and buy a Bear for my daughter. There were only 2 workers. A birthday party and not to mention it’s spring break / when it’s prime time for kids and parents to do something special. My visit was so unpleasant. I Can’t even begin to describe my detest about ever going back.
I went there thinking I would have a great time and was looking forward making it a special day for my little ones birthday. But instead was almost ruined because we had other plans and missed it all because Build a Bear didn’t have enough associates to help, and wasted so much time standing doing absolutely nothing and unfortunately making our experience worse Birthday experience ever.
Please do something about this situation before you guys ruin someone’s else’s day. Thanks
Haley E.
Knoxville, TN
My kiddo loves going to build a bear workshop. I like it too, honestly. The staff are always super kid-oriented and nice. You get to pick out an animal “shell”, stuff it with stuffing, put a heartbeat in it (after making a wish and kissing the heart), and then the staffmember sews it up and let’s the kid snip the thread. You can add in stuff like scents or soundchips. My kiddo got a cotton candy scent thing put in hers, and it lasted about 6 or 7 months. The stuffed animals themselves last forever though — we haven’t had any issues or malfunctions in any of the ones we’ve purchased over the years! We will be back again, I’m sure.
Megan O.
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I would definitely rate Build-A-Bear 5 * if their costs were less expensive. Otherwise, Build-A-Bear is a great experience for children because it is so Hands-On and lets them basically bring their teddy bear or other animal to life. When I took my daughter when we received a $25 gift card she chose Poppy and I thought maybe we would spend around $50 but in the end we spent around almost a hundred. I believe it was about $85 in the end because we had to purchase her dress and then we bought a couple of small accessories like the shoes that my daughter wanted for her to wear. We would purchase more Build-A-Bear products if it was less expensive. This is almost like buying an American doll but at least most children continue to play with an American Doll until they're teenagers.
Jackie M.
Norristown, PA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I had my son Anthony's birthday party at Build a bear workshop which by the way most people don't even know about the party packages you can pick from 🤗 We had 6 children they got to choose from 3 original Bear's then there was a bunny and a dog like this one in the photo. So that as really nice they had them laying out for them so each child could see there options then we did the stuffing of the bears but before they stich the bear they have your child pick a heart which then gets placed inside your newborn animal 😊 then off to the wash station around it's a pretend sink to clean the bears 😁 then each one got to pick a outfit (this came with our pk deal) then you name your bear which they put on a birth certificate. Then we sang Happy birthday which the b-day boy/girl gets a stuffed cupcake with a sensor light at the top of the candle so when they blow on it it goes out! How awesome does that sound!? We had a birthday party we'll never forget!✨
Hailey D.
Huntington
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
My kids LOVE  Build-a-Bear Workshop ! This is always a special treat for them on holidays when they are seeing either the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus at the mall. It is a little pricey, however, I feel like both the bears and the clothes are great quality so it is worth the money. When my kids love something, it doesn't matter the price, I'll always spend what I need to.
Bailey H.
I’ve heard it was expensive to get a bear from build a bear but it wasn’t. My grandma passed away in April, and for mother’s day I got her a bear, with my Nonnie’s voicemail to her in a voice box. I did all this over the phone. Even recorded the message from my moms phone. Got it in like a week and a half and I didn’t even spend over $35 for it. I think after tax and donation fee I did I spent like $32.
it was awesome! And I had the bear with clothes and a voice box! Love it!! Totally made her ugly cry lol
lj l.
I had to build a bear online with my granddaughter because of geography. We had fun, but then I couldn't check out. I finally called BAB customer service and they said that their website won't let me check out if one of the items is out of stock, and, sorry, but they have a glitch in their system and it won't tell me which item is out of stock. I went through a gritty process of placing my order with a teddy-bear-lover, asked for a review or my order but was told they'd email it. I gave my credit card information and had to ask for a total (which incidentally was more than my online order). After the conversation ended I went online to check the order confirmation and noticed that the denim skirt was missing, which was what the entire outfit was built around. I tried to call BAB back--Closed until Monday. I quickly sent them an email and I actually begged ("Pleeeease") them to include the denim skirt. I heard back after the order shipped and they said it wasn't included in my order, that I'd have to call customer service. Incidentally, it was signed, "Bear Service Representative." The call queue is horribly long. The point is, their website doesn't work and neither does their customer service.
Anne D.
Spokane
I rate this with 3 stars because my neice loved making her own special bear. It was amazing to see how happy she was. The only thing was the price. She got one outfit, pajamas, and shoes. Excluding her bear, it was already $35! So total, we paid $61 dollars for a plush bear! I really think that it was over priced. But overall its a fun experience for children.
Amber F.
Salem, OR
I'm twenty years old and I still go to Build-a-Bear Workshop. It's kinda like Disneyland, doesn't matter how old you are with some imagination and a little loosening up you'll have a blast making a furry friend for you or a loved one. It's all personalized making it any child's dream to go to. You pick your own bear (they have animals and character galore as well) then take it over to the employee and they help you to stuff it. You are able to make a special wish and place a heart inside the bear making it adorable for special occasions. After your bear is all done, you get to dress and name it within little stations making it completely unique and all yours. The employees treat you the same regardless of age so you never go in feeling weird. I would recommend Build-a-Bear to any parents with children or any couples that want to go on a cute date.
Christina H.
Lakewood
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I must say this was amazing to see that you have sharks. Different animals. For boys too. My son has not left him alone. Thank you for helping us show the boys that caring and nurturing a living things is important and builds so many skills.
Not just building a shark. Building blocks to loving more. Build-a-Bear Workshop
Sarah B.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Would my 2 year old enjoy building a bear?
Ayena K.
SOUTHFIELD, MI
I've always wanted to build a bear and take my daughter. How expensive is the entire process and is it worth the money?
jennifer c.
Weaverville, NC
Is this worth the money? Do they tear easy?
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
Do you think Build a Bear is too expensive?
Sabryna B.
Pembroke Pnes, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I have a 2 year old too and would love to take her but is she still too small?