BY BUILD-A-BEAR WORKSHOP #1 in Websites

Megan O.
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Mega Parent Expert
I would definitely rate Build-A-Bear 5 * if their costs were less expensive. Otherwise, Build-A-Bear is a great experience for children because it is so Hands-On and lets them basically bring their teddy bear or other animal to life. When I took my daughter when we received a $25 gift card she chose Poppy and I thought maybe we would spend around $50 but in the end we spent around almost a hundred. I believe it was about $85 in the end because we had to purchase her dress and then we bought a couple of small accessories like the shoes that my daughter wanted for her to wear. We would purchase more Build-A-Bear products if it was less expensive. This is almost like buying an American doll but at least most children continue to play with an American Doll until they're teenagers.
Kaela S.
Minneapolis, MN
I’m no longer a kid and I’ve only ever made two bears in my lifetime, but I honesty love this place. Every time I go to the Mall of America I just stand in bewilderment of the place. The concept behind Build-A-Bear (BAB) is just amazing to me— they turned the stuffed animal business into an interactive and personal process. When you go to BAB, you choose the animal you want to make. They have a wide variety of animals to choose from, ranging from the typical teddy bear to dinosaurs and even Pokémon. You then can record a sound or get a prerecorded sound box put your bear. An associate will then stuff the bear with you. You get to kiss a little red heart and put it into the animal, and then you get to step on the pedal that fills the animal with stuffing. The associate then ties up the strings and leaves you to name you animal and even shop for various accessories and clothing. To me, this is an amazing concept to make stuffed animals more meaningful to a child (or anyone really). The only problem I have with BAB is that it is very expensive. When I had a bear made, it cost $20, and that was the cheapest one in stock. This can be very unaffordable for most families with kids and even those without kids. The clothes are also expensive— my recommendation would be to go to the local Walmart or Target and get baby clothes that fit the animal.
Jackie M.
Mega Parent Expert
I had my son Anthony's birthday party at Build a bear workshop which by the way most people don't even know about the party packages you can pick from 🤗 We had 6 children they got to choose from 3 original Bear's then there was a bunny and a dog like this one in the photo. So that as really nice they had them laying out for them so each child could see there options then we did the stuffing of the bears but before they stich the bear they have your child pick a heart which then gets placed inside your newborn animal 😊 then off to the wash station around it's a pretend sink to clean the bears 😁 then each one got to pick a outfit (this came with our pk deal) then you name your bear which they put on a birth certificate. Then we sang Happy birthday which the b-day boy/girl gets a stuffed cupcake with a sensor light at the top of the candle so when they blow on it it goes out! How awesome does that sound!? We had a birthday party we'll never forget!✨
Taylir W.
Mega Parent Expert
This is such a great experience to do with your children. You can completely customize your animal from how fluffy it feels when you cuddle it to what outfit and name it is going to have. The whole experience is so special and it is something you and your child will remember for such a long time. The prices can fit every budget and the costumes and clothes for the bears are so cute. One of my sons wanted a Buzz Lightyear costume for his bear and my other son wanted a Power Ranger costume for his bear. They each got what they wanted and were so happy about it!
Esperanza G.
I was obsessed as a little girl  I probably had a dozen stuffed animals. I think it's really cute how you can dress them up however you want accessorize them have you want and it's not just for girls it's for boys too and it doesn't matter the age it's for all ages it's a great present for kid or an adult. When you walk into the store you choose the stuffed animal you want they have a big selection for you to choose from and once you have it time to stuff it.  The stuffing process is super fun and you actually get to put a heart in it you can choose a little fake heart or you can choose a voice heart where you can add your own voice to it. When you're done stuffing your animal you can pick out an outfit for it they have so many toys and little accessories for it, it's crazy. Last but not least to finally make this stuffed animal yours you have to print out a birth certificate for it you can pick the name the date you picked it out. It's a super fun experience for anyone to go do this I really recommend you going and trying it out.
Amber F.
Salem, OR
I'm twenty years old and I still go to Build-a-Bear Workshop. It's kinda like Disneyland, doesn't matter how old you are with some imagination and a little loosening up you'll have a blast making a furry friend for you or a loved one. It's all personalized making it any child's dream to go to. You pick your own bear (they have animals and character galore as well) then take it over to the employee and they help you to stuff it. You are able to make a special wish and place a heart inside the bear making it adorable for special occasions. After your bear is all done, you get to dress and name it within little stations making it completely unique and all yours. The employees treat you the same regardless of age so you never go in feeling weird. I would recommend Build-a-Bear to any parents with children or any couples that want to go on a cute date.
Malia O.
Hammond, LA
My six year old daughter LOVES this store. I love it too, although I don't really like having to drag her out of it. The possibilities are endless. Your child can create literally anything they can think of and they're not as expensive as you may think at first. I thought it was on the high side myself until I actually went to the store and walked out with a Build-A-Bear with two accessories for around $26!
Shara H.
Philadelphia
When Beauty and the Beast was in theatres, there was a build a bear stand at the movie entrance with Belle and Beast and well I couldn’t resist! I love my Beast! He’s so soft and the perfect cuddle. I got do put the heart in a get a birth certificate. So cute. The clothes are so expensive though !!! Sorry, he’s going naked. No one needs to waste $20 on that for just an outfit. The bear is expensive enough.
Jenn R.
Mega Parent Expert
Build-a-Bear Workshop quickly became one of my daughter's favorite places. Although we've only gone once she had such a great time building her kitty cat and her horsey. The staff was friendly and created a wonderful environment for children to use their imaginations to the fullest. The price is not too horrible for the value of the memories that you will share with your child. I absolutely suggest this store to any parent who has a little one with a huge imagination. We will definitely be going again in the future.
Morgan W.
Annandale, VA
I absolutely love Build-a-Bear! I love the fact that I can pick a super cute fluffy animal and fill it up with fluff. It's a fun experience overall and the decision of more fluff (so it gets a little harder) or less fluff (so that it's well duh fluffier and less supportive) is awesome. I've used a couple as pillows since they are firm and the arms can be neck support. I am not a huge fan of putting sounds in mine since I scared myself half to death waking up in the middle of the night to a minion. For kids though, I think it's adorable how they have you go through the motions of giving it a heart and a name. The clothes are a little on the expensive side so I don't tend to lean towards getting those. Overall great product and experience.
Sarah B.
Mega Parent Expert
Would my 2 year old enjoy building a bear?
Ayena K.
SOUTHFIELD, MI
I've always wanted to build a bear and take my daughter. How expensive is the entire process and is it worth the money?
jennifer c.
Weaverville, NC
Is this worth the money? Do they tear easy?
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Mega Parent Expert
Do you think Build a Bear is too expensive?
Sabrynab b.
Pembroke Pnes, FL
Mega Parent Expert
I have a 2 year old too and would love to take her but is she still too small?