• Do you buy everything at once or come back and splurge? :D1 Answers
  • I've always wanted to build a bear and take my daughter. How expe...12 Answers
  • Is this worth the money? Do they tear easy?11 Answers
Megan O.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I would definitely rate Build-A-Bear 5 * if their costs were less expensive. Otherwise, Build-A-Bear is a great experience for children because it is so Hands-On and lets them basically bring their teddy bear or other animal to life. When I took my daughter when we received a $25 gift card she chose Poppy and I thought maybe we would spend around $50 but in the end we spent around almost a hundred. I believe it was about $85 in the end because we had to purchase her dress and then we bought a couple of small accessories like the shoes that my daughter wanted for her to wear. We would purchase more Build-A-Bear products if it was less expensive. This is almost like buying an American doll but at least most children continue to play with an American Doll until they're teenagers.
Jackie M.
Norristown, PA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I had my son Anthony's birthday party at Build a bear workshop which by the way most people don't even know about the party packages you can pick from ūü§ó We had 6 children they got to choose from 3 original Bear's then there was a bunny and a dog like this one in the photo. So that as really nice they had them laying out for them so each child could see there options then we did the stuffing of the bears but before they stich the bear they have your child pick a heart which then gets placed inside your newborn animal ūüėä then off to the wash station around it's a pretend sink to clean the bears ūüėĀ then each one got to pick a outfit (this came with our pk deal) then you name your bear which they put on a birth certificate. Then we sang Happy birthday which the b-day boy/girl gets a stuffed cupcake with a sensor light at the top of the candle so when they blow on it it goes out! How awesome does that sound!? We had a birthday party we'll never forget!‚ú®
lj l.
I had to build a bear online with my granddaughter because of geography. We had fun, but then I couldn't check out. I finally called BAB customer service and they said that their website won't let me check out if one of the items is out of stock, and, sorry, but they have a glitch in their system and it won't tell me which item is out of stock. I went through a gritty process of placing my order with a teddy-bear-lover, asked for a review or my order but was told they'd email it. I gave my credit card information and had to ask for a total (which incidentally was more than my online order). After the conversation ended I went online to check the order confirmation and noticed that the denim skirt was missing, which was what the entire outfit was built around. I tried to call BAB back--Closed until Monday. I quickly sent them an email and I actually begged ("Pleeeease") them to include the denim skirt. I heard back after the order shipped and they said it wasn't included in my order, that I'd have to call customer service. Incidentally, it was signed, "Bear Service Representative." The call queue is horribly long. The point is, their website doesn't work and neither does their customer service.
Amber F.
Salem, OR
I'm twenty years old and I still go to Build-a-Bear Workshop. It's kinda like Disneyland, doesn't matter how old you are with some imagination and a little loosening up you'll have a blast making a furry friend for you or a loved one. It's all personalized making it any child's dream to go to. You pick your own bear (they have animals and character galore as well) then take it over to the employee and they help you to stuff it. You are able to make a special wish and place a heart inside the bear making it adorable for special occasions. After your bear is all done, you get to dress and name it within little stations making it completely unique and all yours. The employees treat you the same regardless of age so you never go in feeling weird. I would recommend Build-a-Bear to any parents with children or any couples that want to go on a cute date.
Jonnay V.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I remember my first time going to Build A Bear, it was honestly so much fun. I seriously loved having stuffed animals as a kid, and the whole experience of getting to create my own was absolutely magical. I was pretty sad to see the only Build A Bear in my state close, but at least ordering online was always an option. Obviously, they are a bit expensive, but you do get the whole experience, which I'd say is worth it especially for kids. When there's a sale, I'd say that's the best time to go in! It's great for customization, they have a good variety and you feel like you had a part in creating your own special stuffed animal. I remember when they used to have their own website where you could create a character and adventure around bearville. I definitely miss this place and remember it pretty fondly from my childhood.
Morgan W.
Tampa, FL
I absolutely love Build-a-Bear! I love the fact that I can pick a super cute fluffy animal and fill it up with fluff. It's a fun experience overall and the decision of more fluff (so it gets a little harder) or less fluff (so that it's well duh fluffier and less supportive) is awesome. I've used a couple as pillows since they are firm and the arms can be neck support. I am not a huge fan of putting sounds in mine since I scared myself half to death waking up in the middle of the night to a minion. For kids though, I think it's adorable how they have you go through the motions of giving it a heart and a name. The clothes are a little on the expensive side so I don't tend to lean towards getting those. Overall great product and experience.
Amanda D.
Springfield , MA
Went with my bf when the pokemon collaborations were released. Ive been before, but this was his first time (at 30). He loved it and i was super thrilled as well. Just as fun as the first time i went and great to witness someone elses first time as well. Our charmander has been very happy at his new home and we'll definitely be back to get him a froend!
Brenda H.
Dallas, TX
Omg so when it was my 20th birthday I asked my family to take me to build a bear workshop because I always wanted to make one and well my parents didn’t have the money to spend on a simple thing. So this time I had a job and I was going to buy this for my self as a birthday present. When this happened it was when the minions were really famous and i just loved them. So I decided to get bob but the only bob they had was already filled. But this wonderful young girl told me that I could restuff it so I could get the fill experience and I’m so grateful that she did it because I really loved doing this. I would really recommend a parent taking their kids there it’s a magical place.
Eva H.
Inver Grove, MN
We love Build a Bear workshop! I have five kiddos and we have been shopping here since my oldest was a baby. She is now 13 and this is her little sister who loves it just as much as she did. I love how special they make it for little ones no matter what. We went on my daughters birthday, no birthday party or anything and they still gave my daughter the birthday kid treatment! If you haven't been you need to go!!!
Chrystal B.
Medina, TN
Build-a-Bear is a fun thing for kids and their parents. They even offer birthday parties and more. My family can't pass one without my granddaughters wanting to go in and build-a-bear. It's a great idea for kids to express their style. They get to create their own bear, however they want. That's pretty cool.
The only downfall that I see is, there needs to be a bear that is more affordable for less fortunate families. Not all families can pay what we were charged last time. I just think if maybe you could offer a smaller bear for a fraction less, then all families would be able to enjoy the fun in build-a-bear.
Sarah B.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Would my 2 year old enjoy building a bear?
Ayena K.
I've always wanted to build a bear and take my daughter. How expensive is the entire process and is it worth the money?
jennifer c.
Weaverville, NC
Is this worth the money? Do they tear easy?
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
Do you think Build a Bear is too expensive?
Sabrynab b.
Pembroke Pnes, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I have a 2 year old too and would love to take her but is she still too small?