BY BUENA VISTA

For viewers bored or distressed by the constant gore and breakneck speed of hospital dramas like ER, GREY'S ANATOMY comes as a breath of fresh air. Unlike other shows set in the world of medicine, this series is just as concerned with its characters' personal lives as with their medical careers, and thrives by stressing the way in which the two intertwine. After all, for surgical interns who have chosen to dedicate their lives to medicine, the hospital largely becomes their home. Extremely well-written, the series mixes serious issues like mortality with funny storylines and wit. Each character is well developed and individualized, coming off as real rather than stereotypical. Rather than standing on its own, each medical challenge sheds some light on the doctors' personal experiences, bringing the hospital environment to a refreshingly relevant level. While the series may not be the most realistic medical drama on television, it is certainly the most compelling and entertaining, containing such juicy plotlines as love triangles, affairs between coworkers, and secret romances. This release contains every episode from the show's well received second season, picking up right where the first left off, with Meredith discovering that her boyfriend, Derek, has been hiding the fact that he's married. Shocked and betrayed, Meredith embarks on a messy healing process that involves angry shouting matches and a string of one-night stands. As usual, the show avoids taking itself too seriously by interjecting serious themes with lighthearted dialogue and humorous medical emergencies. Rounding out the already impressive ensemble cast are new characters like Derek's wife (Kate Walsh) and new love interests for most of the cast. While the season contains plenty of laughs, it keeps the intensity up as well, and ends on a decidedly somber note. see more...

Buena Vista Grey's Anatomy: The Complete Second Season [6 Discs]
  • "If you're a huge fan it's nice to have them in your collection, to watch whenever and for movie marathon nights" in 1 review
  • "It has a little bit of everything, it's funny, sad, interesting, etc..." in 1 review
  • "#Tgit is always my favorite week day to look forward to! " in 1 review
  • "It really has something for everyone, the best thing to do is have a girls night and watch it together! " in 1 review
  • "The show is still great no matter how many times you re-watch it." in 1 review
Katie A.
La Place, LA
OMG! I didn't want to watch this show because everyone and their grandma were watching it. I finally gave in and I can not stop!! The chemistry between Meredith and Derek is amazing. You'll often wonder if there will be an episode where nothing bad happens at all and there are. This show really portrays real life, not everything is honky dory. Also shows that relationships aren't always going to be butterflies and rainbows.
Torri S.
New Prt Rchy, FL
 I personally have not watched this show but all my friends have and they love it I get a little Weezy with blood and surgeries and stuff like that so it's hard for me to watch that show but it's got good drama here and maybe my guy will put up with it one day but for now not really
Rikki C.
Hinesville,ga
Love love love this show! It's amazing show to watch! It makes you cry a lot because your favorite characters die in it! But all around favorite show of all time! If you love or like surgery and drama you will love this show! Plus it's so addicting!
Bella Y.
Los Angeles
If you haven't already binge watched this show I suggest you do. The way the actors/actresses really play their role will keep your eyes hooked on to the tv. I love this show and have watched it several time 🙈
Julia J.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This show has something new and exciting in each episode. As the season gets further and further to the end, the episodes begin to get more intense. Every season finale has kept me wanting more. I felt I couldn't wait for the next one, but somehow managed to control myself by watching reruns. The show is still great no matter how many times you re-watch it. It is one of those shows that just doesn't get old for you.
Phyllis C.
As a pre-medical student, I am not only fascinated in the mesmerizing doctors, love triangles, and drama, but I absolutely love the exposure to various medical conditions and illnesses the shows introduce. Makes learning a bit more interesting! Did i mention hot doctors? So obsessed with this show!
Madison M.
Salisbury , MD
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I can't pick a favorite season but the earlier seasons are so great and have lovable characters like George and Izzy that aren't in the later seasons. Having the second season on DVD is convenient in case they ever take it off Netflix. You can also get it pretty cheap at FYE
Victoria B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Best show ever made! I am currently on season 9, and I am hooked! The best part about this is that it is on Netflix!! I have a lot of catching up to do until the new season, but i am all for it! I have become one with that show, and love every character!
T S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This show is so good -- it will make you laugh, cry, become a hypochondriac, and feel a million emotions. The characters are so easy to get attached to and the acting is really really well done by the entire cast. Even when I hate the show, I love it.
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 5
Greys Anatomy is one of my absolute favorite shows! The beginning seasons were the best overall. I remember when buying Box Sets was a huge deal, and I saved up money for two months to buy it when I was 14. Great show, and amazing characters and plot!
Maria Isabel A.
a quien no le gusta el Dr. Shepard?
Alyssa V.
Who is obsessed with this show as much as me? 💖
Victoria F.