BY BUDGET CAR RENTAL #5 in Rental Car Companies

Budget Car Rental

Start your review of Budget Car Rental!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
William T.
Carey
I was not happy with budget. We had to wait more than 30 minutes to even get our rental (of which we had a reservation). That being said, my husband may not have listened to all of the instructions because he was frustrated with the wait time, or maybe the lady didn't explain it, but our major issue was fuel. We had every intention to fill the tank at the airport exit, only to find out there were no gas stations at the exit!!! NONE!!! I found the closest station was 10 minutes in the opposite direction. So because we had a plane to catch we opted not to spend the extra 30 minutes out of our way to fill the tank and we would just pay the fee. If we knew what the fee was we never would have made that decision. I assumed the company would just recoup their cost on fuel with a normal upcharge. NOPE! The fuel bill was more than our rental of the car!!! Is it just me or is that absolutely ridiculous? I expected $30 or $40 for fuel (I'm sure it only cost $20 or less to fill it) but our fuel bill came in at $92.91! If they are going to charge prices like that I think they need to make it way more clear that bringing a car back empty really is not an option!!! We had previously used Dollar rental and were very happy with them. We will use them from now on!
Puka
I rented a vehicle from the BDL Airport CT location. I had a 2018 Chrysler 300. We had a snow storm I spun out a few times. I pulled over to see why this vehicle was spinning out so much, as further examination of the vehicle I noticed the back tires were completely bald to where the tread was showing on the tires. I spoke to the manager as returned this vehicle and they were acting like this was something normal. I'm explaining to him that this car should have never been rented out to anyone in this unsafe condition he said oh I would look into it. I Will NEVER RENT FROM BUDGET RENTAL CAR !!
Chris R.
Houston
I've been a committed Budget Customer for years, but I am switching to another provider.  I can book a car weeks in advance (as well as prepay) through FastBreak, but still have to go to the counter to get a vehicle; 95% of the time my contract is not prepared waiting for me.  In addition, I always have to dispute fueling charges with the agents upon returning the vehicle or through the website, even after filling the tank minutes before turning in the vehicle.  It's obvious that Budget is attempting to generate additional income by charging fueling fees, even with a full tank & showing a receipt at time of return.  Change your business model & your return process to not default a refueling charge for every vehicle; this is a waste of time for your customers & unnecessary payroll $'s you are spending for customer disputes.  Bye-Bye Budget!
Sarah S.
Charlotte
Booked a car through my husband's credit card rewards. The reservation was paid in full, but before arriving to pick up the car, my husband lost his credit card. We showed up to get the car and they would not honor our reservation because the only credit card we had for incidentals was under my name, but the reservation was under his, even though we were both there and he had his ID. They would not change the name of the reservation or help us at all.
We were never refunded and they blamed the credit card company, and while I'm not sure who the responsibility lies with, the employees we spoke with were unfriendly and advised that it was our fault and 'this is why we don't advise paying for your reservation ahead of time'...then why is that an option at all?
Crystal D.
New York
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My husband and I went on vacation to Puerto Rico and rented a car from Budget. When we give back the car, the trunk stayed stuck and wouldn't open. And the supervisor and other employees really tried to help us. The employees said it happened before, and you can tell because when we got the car it had marks on the trunk like someone tried to open it by force. In the end we had to leave without our bags. But they sended them thru mail and we got everything back. Even tho the employees where very nice I feel like they should've given us a compensation for what happened. My suitcases where NEW and because they send them thru mail it had tape all over it and once I tried to take the tape off, parts of it stayed sticked to them.
Rebecca T.
Murray, UT
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We just booked a rental car, in association with our cruise that we are taking in the next month. I tend to prefer renting from big car rental companies, because the selection of car choices is always bigger and better, and you seem to get a better quality of cleanliness and professionalism when working with the bigger car companies. My biggest complaint has been that budget does not allow you to directly contact the car rental office where you are picking up or dropping off your car. When having specific questions that needed to be answered specifically by the local location,It is next to impossible to get in touch with the company and the local office.
Marlene S.
Manhattan
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have used budget truck rental numerous times so i am familiar with the brand, they usually have the type of vehicle you are looking for and their prices are decent. A deal can always be found depending on your flexibility. They have many locations in NYC and that is a great plus. The con would be that in two different occasions agents at the drop off locations were rude. All companies should work on making sure great customer service is provided. I have used this company numerous times throughout the years and the overall experience has been good. Those two negative experiences tainted my view of the company though because i requested the manager to complain on both occasions as i always do in these situations and it turns out in both occasions it was the manager being rude.
Renee V.
West Fargo, ND
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
We had to wait forever in line to get the car and it was hot & we were tired. They should have had many more people working. For a Camaro SS, Mustang GT premium or Challenger RT, one of these models guaranteed; I got to pick from Camaro SS, Mustang GT or some Nissan thing. The price charged was cheaper than what I booked. The car is nice looking and runs great but brakes need fixing. I did get an additional charge on my credit card 5 MONTHS later for toll charges. I would have given 4 stars without the additional charges 5 months later! I don't think Budget is much better or worse than other rental car agencies.
Priscilla S.
I've rented from many car companies and this is indeed one of my favorites. The ease and accessibility of my wait, check in and out of my vehicle was so quick and easy I would definitely choose this company again. My car was clean throughout and fully gassed up and ready to go for my drive throughout the week. I enjoyed the fact that my choice was taken into consideration and I was pleasantly surprised when I was offered a bottle of water, added star. Thank you Budget, I'm sure we will be seeing each other again.
Erika P.
Will never be renting from Budget again. I got a faulty car and was back to the long line waiting to get a different car 3 hours after getting the faulty one. Wasted my time and employees and management alike where unable to answer basic questions about service and maintenance to the vehicles. Several other customers were there that day returning faulty vehicles. Definitely do not trust them. Go with Enterprise or Hertz. The difference in cost is for a reason!
Denise V.
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Is this somewhere you can just walk in and rent a car or do you have to set one up ahead of time?
robin N.
Buckeye, AZ
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
Will you carry some standard vehicles as clutch vehicles are better on gas.
maria B.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Would anyone rent from here
Hannah G.
Waukee, IA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Maria P.
Doral, FL
Do they offer free children's chair?