BY BROOKLYN BREWERY

Named after the Sorachi region of Hokkaido, Japan, the Sorachi Ace hop was developed by a large Japanese brewery in the late 1970s. A cross between British Brewers Gold, Japanese “Beikei No. 2” and the famed Czech Saaz, it had a unique lemony, herbal scent, but this hop was deeemed "odd" and ended up quickly banished to a laboratory.

In 2008, the Sorachi Ace hop was quietly revived by a family farm in Washington State. Less than a year later, we made it the star of its own titular beer. Originally a member of our limited Brewmaster’s Reserve series, Brooklyn Sorachi Ace is a beer we just couldn’t let disappear. Brooklyn Sorachi Ace is a classic saison, an unfiltered golden farmhouse ale, with a clean malt flavor and the quirky Sorachi Ace hop standing front and center. Dry-hopping releases Sorachi Ace’s bright, spicy aromatics to tickle the nose before ascending into a fine harmony between pilsner malt and playful Belgian ale yeast.

Brooklyn Sorachi Ace is sunshine in a glass, a shining example of the versatility of one of the world’s most intriguing hops. This beer is a superstar at the table, and we enjoy it with seafood dishes, fresh cheeses, poultry, barbecue, and even tomato-based pasta sauces. All by itself it puts on a great solo performance too, and we can honestly say that you’ve never tasted any beer quite like it. Go ahead, pour yourself some sunshine

Giuseppe L.
First time I had this was at The Brooklyn Brewery and was automatically attracted to it by its taste. I then found it in a 20oz bottle and was excited that I could take it home. Now they come on a 6 pack and my year had been made! Love this beer and the taste. Glad it’s now available in a 6 pack. I will add that the avb is a little higher than other beers so be mindful when enjoying.
Chelsea V.
Old Bridge, NJ
This is a delicious IPA that isn't too hoppy. Brooklyn brewery beers are not always easy to find, especially the Sorachi Ace but it's worth tasting if you come across it. I was not disappointed when I had an ice cold Sorachi Ace. The beer price is comparable to other craft beers.
Susanna M.
I like this because it's local but it's not my favorite. Definitely a good craft beer and I enjoy it here and there but it's not my first choice to buy/drink. However it's something I will drink at a bar in NYC if given the choice.
Joanne F.
Floral Park, NY
Best beer from
Brooklyn

YUM

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS STUFF! Also comes in the big bottles for beers to share. It’s so tasty without being overwhelming. Easy to drink. Doesn’t coat your mouth and mixes well with about anything.
Laura C.
Buffalo, NY
The first time I tried this beer I couldn’t get over how good it was. It was so refreshing to drink on tap and also somewhat fruity in a way. I would definitely buy this beer both on tap and in 6 packs.
Hannah B.
Brooklyn, NY
By far my favorite from Brooklyn Brewery. It’s flavorful, with a hint of sweetness, and so very smooth. I love the Sorachi Ace. Brooklyn Brewery is great, and I know that no matter what I choose, it’ll be a great beer. It’s not one that I get often, but it’s a good option for mixing it up.
Jeanna V.
Glen Mills , PA
Sorachi Ace is always a good go to beer. It's simple and most places (at least in the philly area) have it. If you aren't in the mood for some crazy beer that features tastes like peanut butter or whatever else you can come up with, this is your beer.
Sara H.
I love Brooklyn Brewery. I thoroughly enjoy that they make specialty beers that they only make like one batch of and then it's gone. I'm not a fan of super hoppy IPA's or anything but this beer is delicious. It's not too hoppy but it also doesn't taste like water down beer water.
Sarah O.
Bradley Beach, NJ
Another favorite here in the house for guests - it's not one of my favorites but we do love this brand ever since attending a Brooklyn Beer event locally.
Kristen S.
Elmhurst, NY
Sorachi Ace is a really nice saison style beer using the Sorachi Ace Japanese hops, which gives the brew its distinctive flavor