Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Lager uploaded by Aydin A.Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Lager uploaded by Kim H.

BY BROOKLYN BREWERY #61 in Beer

In the late 1800’s Brooklyn was one of the largest brewing centers in the country, home to more than 45 breweries. Lager beer in the “Vienna” style was one of the local favorites. Brooklyn Lager is amber-gold in color and displays a firm malt center supported by a refreshing bitterness and floral hop aroma. Caramel malts show in the finish. The aromatic qualities of the beer are enhanced by “dry-hopping”, the centuries-old practice of steeping the beer with fresh hops as it undergoes a long, cold maturation. The result is a wonderfully flavorful beer, smooth, refreshing and very versatile with food. Dry-hopping is largely a British technique, which we’ve used in a Viennese-style beer to create an American original.

Style: American Amber Lager
Malts: American 2-row, Munich, Crisp
Hops: Ahtanum, Cascade, Saphir, Vanguard, Hallertauer Mittelfrueh
Alcohol by Volume: 5.2%
Original Gravity: 13° Plato
Food Pairings: Pizza, burgers, roasted chicken, fried fish, Mexican food, history, Manchego, live music, farmhouse cheddar, mild Gruyère, well-earned swagger
Availability: Year-round
Format: 15.5 gal kegs; 5.2 gal kegs; 24/12oz bottles; 12oz cans; 16oz cans

• What is your favorite brooklyn brewery beer? I'm a big an of the ...2 Answers
  • Because Brooklyn Lager has a nice hop forward character, it's ver...1 Answers
  • Who loves this beer?11 Answers
Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Lager
  • "Recently tried two seasonal beers from Brooklyn Brewery... their Oktoberfest beer, and the Post Road Pumpkin Ale." in 5 reviews
Stephanie G.
Brooklyn, NY
This is one of my absolute favorite go-to beers. It's slightly malty, but has a citrusy hop flavor too it. There's a slight metallic taste to it, but it's not unpleasant. Don't get me wrong it has some sweet notes to it, but there's just a hint of lemon at the end to balance it out. If you're looking for an afforable, smooth lager, this beer is the way to go!

Stacie F.
Holly Lake Ranch, TX
Happy Hour Expert
I first tried this when I was in Brooklyn a few years ago. Although it's a little heavier than the beer I normally drink, it's not too heavy and is quite refreshing. I don't buy all the time, but definitely something I have a taste for occasionally.
MELISSA Y.
I’m not a big beer drinker but this particular beer has a bit of sweetness that got me wanting more, it is pretty refreshing when cold , Smells of caramel and malt. Overall a good red lager. Perfect for a picnic in the park or at the beach
Charlene D.
Moorpark, CA
Not a beer drinker but this is by far one of my favorites!!! Hard for me to explain the tasting notes as I’m not a regular beer drinker but it sort of had a “woodsy”’ flavor to it if that makes any sense... And they serve it at Madison Square Garden so I always drink it when I go to Knicks games! Not carried by all beer retailers though...
Molly L.
Tacoma
After living in Brooklyn for 4 years and working for a company that constantly had events sponsored by Brooklyn Brewery whenever I find this on the west coast I get really excited! And every time I visit the east coast I always make it a point to have at least one Brooklyn Lager. It reminds me of the place that felt like home for a major time in my life. It’s also refreshing.
Julie E.
Milwaukee, WI
One of my all time favorites from Brooklyn Brewery. This lager has the right amount of bitterness and floral hops. Brewed using a British-technique called dry-hopping, this caramel classic has one-of-a-kind aromatic features. Versatile enough to be paired with multiple dishes. One great and classic brew!
Bella B.
Happy Hour Expert
Definitely not a beer drinker but this beer is pretty light. It wasn't too bad considering that I wouldn't be the type of person to pick up a beer and drink it. I tried this while I was out with my friends and it actually tasted delicious. If you're not a beer drinker and wanted to taste beer I would try this
April C.
Orlando, FL
Brooklyn Lager is a nice steady lager to have after a long day. It taste way better in draft and even better at the Brooklyn Brewery in NY. You can buy it at Publix if you don’t wanna travel. It taste different than regular lagers you are use to but I would recommend to anyone
Muse M.
Philadelphia, PA
This is the little black dress of beers - it suits any occasion and any company. A stellar showing by a solid brewery from a place with a lot of history. It has a great range of distribution for something that truly drinks like a craft beer. Worth a try for every beer lover.
Beltkiss S.
Happy Hour Expert
One of my favorite lagers! I have visited the brewery before and it was fun. I love that they host lots of parties and participate in sponsoring local initiatives. This beer is perfect for any time especially for the summer since it is light, flavorful and refreshing.
Nicole A.
Staten Island, NY
Who loves this beer?
David T.
Melbourne, FL
Has anyone here read "Beer School", by Steve Hindy and Tom Potter (the founders of Brooklyn Brewery)?
Deanna D.
Massapequa Pk, NY
What is your favorite brooklyn brewery beer? I'm a big an of the original lager but I am looking to step outside my comfort zone and try a new flavor
Colleen G.
Anyone in the Chicago area able to find it? I'm going to have to see if they carry it at Binny's.
David T.
Melbourne, FL
Because Brooklyn Lager has a nice hop forward character, it's very good for cooking. What have you cooked with it and how did it turn out?