Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Lager uploaded by Camila N.Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Lager uploaded by Kim H.Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Lager uploaded by Aydin A.

BY BROOKLYN BREWERY

In the late 1800’s Brooklyn was one of the largest brewing centers in the country, home to more than 45 breweries. Lager beer in the “Vienna” style was one of the local favorites. Brooklyn Lager is amber-gold in color and displays a firm malt center supported by a refreshing bitterness and floral hop aroma. Caramel malts show in the finish. The aromatic qualities of the beer are enhanced by “dry-hopping”, the centuries-old practice of steeping the beer with fresh hops as it undergoes a long, cold maturation. The result is a wonderfully flavorful beer, smooth, refreshing and very versatile with food. Dry-hopping is largely a British technique, which we’ve used in a Viennese-style beer to create an American original.

Style: American Amber Lager
Malts: American 2-row, Munich, Crisp
Hops: Ahtanum, Cascade, Saphir, Vanguard, Hallertauer Mittelfrueh
Alcohol by Volume: 5.2%
Original Gravity: 13° Plato
Food Pairings: Pizza, burgers, roasted chicken, fried fish, Mexican food, history, Manchego, live music, farmhouse cheddar, mild Gruyère, well-earned swagger
Availability: Year-round
Format: 15.5 gal kegs; 5.2 gal kegs; 24/12oz bottles; 12oz cans; 16oz cans

• What is your favorite brooklyn brewery beer? I'm a big an...2 Answers
  • Because Brooklyn Lager has a nice hop forward character, ...1 Answers
  • Who loves this beer?11 Answers
Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Lager
  • "Recently tried two seasonal beers from Brooklyn Brewery... their Oktoberfest beer, and the Post Road Pumpkin Ale." in 5 reviews
Stephanie G.
Brooklyn, NY
This is one of my absolute favorite go-to beers. It's slightly malty, but has a citrusy hop flavor too it. There's a slight metallic taste to it, but it's not unpleasant. Don't get me wrong it has some sweet notes to it, but there's just a hint of lemon at the end to balance it out. If you're looking for an afforable, smooth lager, this beer is the way to go!

Jully H.
Vly Cottage, NY
Nice crisp and refreshing beer. It’s not to rough and it’s smooth going down. The packaging is very nice and catches your eye and it sells for a really good price. I would definitely buy this brand again
Michelle S.
Astoria
I don’t really get the hype around this. I get this beer at bars when there’s nothing else I like. It’s usually my last choice. I’ve been to the actual brewery and the experience was cool but still not crazy about their beer.
Nicole J.
Utica, NY
Excellent beer that is actually made in Utica, NY which is my hometown. Great value for a lager, packaging is clean looking, flavor of a craft beer is there without too much bitterness. Highly recommend this beer!!!
Molly L.
Tacoma
After living in Brooklyn for 4 years and working for a company that constantly had events sponsored by Brooklyn Brewery whenever I find this on the west coast I get really excited! And every time I visit the east coast I always make it a point to have at least one Brooklyn Lager. It reminds me of the place that felt like home for a major time in my life. It’s also refreshing.
Julie E.
['Milwaukee', 'WI'], WI
One of my all time favorites from Brooklyn Brewery. This lager has the right amount of bitterness and floral hops. Brewed using a British-technique called dry-hopping, this caramel classic has one-of-a-kind aromatic features. Versatile enough to be paired with multiple dishes. One great and classic brew!
Bella B.
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Definitely not a beer drinker but this beer is pretty light. It wasn't too bad considering that I wouldn't be the type of person to pick up a beer and drink it. I tried this while I was out with my friends and it actually tasted delicious. If you're not a beer drinker and wanted to taste beer I would try this
Susan B.
Charlottesvle, VA
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
This brewery is really good, and this particular beer is a great lager. It's a general beer that everyone will enjoy. You can purchase it in many grocery stores, and it is generally affordable. It's about the cost of any other upscale beer. I would recommend it.
Bruschenka J.
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Great refreshing beer, well crafted and made with lots of attention to ingredients. This beer is light as easy to drink. Great choice for a refreshing beer pool side
April C.
Orlando, FL
Brooklyn Lager is a nice steady lager to have after a long day. It taste way better in draft and even better at the Brooklyn Brewery in NY. You can buy it at Publix if you don’t wanna travel. It taste different than regular lagers you are use to but I would recommend to anyone
Nicole A.
Staten Island , NY
Who loves this beer?
David T.
Melbourne, FL
Has anyone here read "Beer School", by Steve Hindy and Tom Potter (the founders of Brooklyn Brewery)?
Deanna D.
What is your favorite brooklyn brewery beer? I'm a big an of the original lager but I am looking to step outside my comfort zone and try a new flavor
David T.
Melbourne, FL
Because Brooklyn Lager has a nice hop forward character, it's very good for cooking. What have you cooked with it and how did it turn out?
Colleen G.
Anyone in the Chicago area able to find it? I'm going to have to see if they carry it at Binny's.