Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Lager uploaded by Aydin A.Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Lager uploaded by Kim H.

BY BROOKLYN BREWERY #81 in Beer

In the late 1800’s Brooklyn was one of the largest brewing centers in the country, home to more than 45 breweries. Lager beer in the “Vienna” style was one of the local favorites. Brooklyn Lager is amber-gold in color and displays a firm malt center supported by a refreshing bitterness and floral hop aroma. Caramel malts show in the finish. The aromatic qualities of the beer are enhanced by “dry-hopping”, the centuries-old practice of steeping the beer with fresh hops as it undergoes a long, cold maturation. The result is a wonderfully flavorful beer, smooth, refreshing and very versatile with food. Dry-hopping is largely a British technique, which we’ve used in a Viennese-style beer to create an American original.

Style: American Amber Lager
Malts: American 2-row, Munich, Crisp
Hops: Ahtanum, Cascade, Saphir, Vanguard, Hallertauer Mittelfrueh
Alcohol by Volume: 5.2%
Original Gravity: 13° Plato
Food Pairings: Pizza, burgers, roasted chicken, fried fish, Mexican food, history, Manchego, live music, farmhouse cheddar, mild Gruyère, well-earned swagger
Availability: Year-round
Format: 15.5 gal kegs; 5.2 gal kegs; 24/12oz bottles; 12oz cans; 16oz cans

• What is your favorite brooklyn brewery beer? I'm a big an of the ...2 Answers
  • Because Brooklyn Lager has a nice hop forward character, it's ver...1 Answers
  • Who loves this beer?11 Answers
Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Lager
  • "Recently tried two seasonal beers from Brooklyn Brewery... their Oktoberfest beer, and the Post Road Pumpkin Ale." in 5 reviews
Hannah B.
Brooklyn, NY
The classic beer from Brooklyn Brewery! I know I can always rely on this beer as a standby if I don’t know what to pick on draft. Tasty, easy-drinking yet flavorful. Brooklyn Brewery is great, and I know that no matter what I choose, it’ll be a great beer. It’s not one that I get often, but it’s a good option for mixing it up.
Deanna L.
Morristown, NJ
Brooklyn Lager is my favorite beer. The taste is great and it is not too high of an alcohol percentage. It’s also relatively cheap and you can find it on tap or in a bottle at most bars. Also, if you visit Brooklyn you can visit Brooklyn Brewery and get a tour of the brewery and taste the beers
Stephanie G.
Brooklyn, NY
This is one of my absolute favorite go-to beers. It's slightly malty, but has a citrusy hop flavor too it. There's a slight metallic taste to it, but it's not unpleasant. Don't get me wrong it has some sweet notes to it, but there's just a hint of lemon at the end to balance it out. If you're looking for an afforable, smooth lager, this beer is the way to go!

Stacie F.
Holly Lake Ranch, TX
Happy Hour Expert Level 2
I first tried this when I was in Brooklyn a few years ago. Although it's a little heavier than the beer I normally drink, it's not too heavy and is quite refreshing. I don't buy all the time, but definitely something I have a taste for occasionally.
Emily S.
Pittsfield, MA
Brooklyn brewery is another fabulous one for me. I enjoy many of their brews and the lager is certainly no exception. It’s everything you want in a lager. Flavor, color, that took of carbonation on your tongue as you swallow. It’s a must try.
Julie S.
Rochester, NY
Happy Hour Expert Level 3
One of my favorite beers. Super convent to get at any local store. It has a great tast, body and texture. I highly recommend it for someone that likes a pale beer or something not too heavy.
Valerie S.
Holland, PA
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
This is one of my favorite beers. If I am in the mood for a lager and this is an option, I will get it. It tastes great and it decently priced. I would highly recommend this if you are going for a lager.
Molly L.
Tacoma
After living in Brooklyn for 4 years and working for a company that constantly had events sponsored by Brooklyn Brewery whenever I find this on the west coast I get really excited! And every time I visit the east coast I always make it a point to have at least one Brooklyn Lager. It reminds me of the place that felt like home for a major time in my life. It’s also refreshing.
Julie E.
['Milwaukee', 'WI'], WI
One of my all time favorites from Brooklyn Brewery. This lager has the right amount of bitterness and floral hops. Brewed using a British-technique called dry-hopping, this caramel classic has one-of-a-kind aromatic features. Versatile enough to be paired with multiple dishes. One great and classic brew!
Bella B.
Happy Hour Expert Level 1
Definitely not a beer drinker but this beer is pretty light. It wasn't too bad considering that I wouldn't be the type of person to pick up a beer and drink it. I tried this while I was out with my friends and it actually tasted delicious. If you're not a beer drinker and wanted to taste beer I would try this
Nicole A.
staten island, NY
Who loves this beer?
David T.
Melbourne, FL
Has anyone here read "Beer School", by Steve Hindy and Tom Potter (the founders of Brooklyn Brewery)?
Deanna D.
What is your favorite brooklyn brewery beer? I'm a big an of the original lager but I am looking to step outside my comfort zone and try a new flavor
David T.
Melbourne, FL
Because Brooklyn Lager has a nice hop forward character, it's very good for cooking. What have you cooked with it and how did it turn out?
Colleen G.
Anyone in the Chicago area able to find it? I'm going to have to see if they carry it at Binny's.