BY BROOKLYN BREWERY

Award-winning and the original, Brooklyn's Brown Ale is full-flavoured and smooth. This brown ale combines aspects of a Northern English brown ale with Southern English ones and then tops it off with a firm American hop character. Complex malt flavours of caramel, chocolate, coffee, and roastiness give a complex richness while delicate hop aromas and bitterness provide a nice balance. This brown ale is easy drinking and classically Brooklyn. see more...

• Is this very malty? Would it pare good with homemade bread ?1 Answers
Hannah B.
Brooklyn, NY
Kinda nutty, malty and rich in flavor. I like this one when I want a smoother, less bitter beer. Brooklyn Brewery is great, and I know that no matter what I choose, it’ll be a great beer. It’s not one that I get often, but it’s a good option for mixing it up.
Jaime W.
Madisonville, LA
It's my go to beer. When having a BBQ it pairs perfectly with a burger. In a world where IPAs are all the rage it's putting brown Ale's back on the map. We purchased at the local military exchange. I would recommend. Great deal
Katherine V.
Las Cruces, NM
Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Brown Ale is a great beer but is not my go to.  I tend to prefer the opposite sides of the beer spectrum really liht or really dark.  This is in the middle.   I thought it had wonderful flavor and would be fab for making beer cheese fondue.
Jaimie W.
Tampa, FL
This is a straightforward, honest-to-goodness brown ale. It's relatively inexpensive and delivers exactly the flavor you would expect. Its tried and true. If you're an ale lover, this is a good basic staple that will satisfy your need for ale-y goodness while still remaining a crowd pleaser for your friends who favor lighter drafts.
Chelsea C.
West Palm Bch, FL
Classic brown ale made from a great brewery where I️ purchased it from direct. Have been a repeat customer for some time since the brewery opened. Love supporting local businesses especially when they’ve got such a great brand and product. Worked in a post production studio that used to order in bulk monthly. Love this brew!
Carolyn B.
Carrollton, TX
Brown ales were the way I was introduced to the world of craft brewing and will always be a thing I love. This one is well balanced between malt and hops and makes for a great drink. The body isn't too heavy so you can sip a few, but it's definitely there.
Jessica E.
Harrisonburg, VA
A nice, solid, dark brown ale. What's not to like!? Goes so well with almost anything you'd want to eat and is smooth and easy enough to drink again and again. At work we'd sell the snot out of this beer and for good reason
Colleen S.
Pine Brook, NJ
This is pretty good. It's definitely a safe choice if you like a darker ale and you're not sure what to get when you want to try something new. It has a great deep flavor but doesn't taste heavy. I would recommend this to my friends looking for a good drink.
Kelcy S.
Summerville
This is one of the first brown ales I ever had, and the only one I’ll pick if available. I’ve seen it at Publix a few times, but it’s best on draft. It’s so good and smooth and delicious. I’ll buy it again and again.
Denise G.
Jacksonville
Let me start off by saying that I LOVE a brown ale. This one in particular is rich, smooth, and easy drinking. It's not too hoppy or dry, as some browns tend to be. It is nutty but also boasts flavors of caramel and coffee. I, personally, love this beer. It's not typically sold in gas stations or convenience stores around here but can be found at most liquor stores and even Whole Foods. Brooklyn Brown does not disappoint.
Eric S.
Hagerstown, MD
Is this very malty? Would it pare good with homemade bread ?