BY BROOKLYN BREWERY

Award-winning and the original, Brooklyn's Brown Ale is full-flavoured and smooth. This brown ale combines aspects of a Northern English brown ale with Southern English ones and then tops it off with a firm American hop character. Complex malt flavours of caramel, chocolate, coffee, and roastiness give a complex richness while delicate hop aromas and bitterness provide a nice balance. This brown ale is easy drinking and classically Brooklyn. see more...

• Is this very malty? Would it pare good with homemade bread ?1 Answers
Rachael P.
Runnemede, NJ
This is one of my favorite Browns. It's got a great full bodied flavor and is great to drink with meals. Not all liquor stores in my area carry it, but it's worth driving to find it. The price is about average for a brewery this size. I actually have the remains of a six pack in my fridge right now.
Jill N.
Laurel, MD
Brooklyn Brown is one of the better brown ales out there (fave is Smuttynose Old Brown Dog). A good beer for a chilly night, smooth and a bit sweet on the front, with a roasted flavor on the back end. Recommended! I wish more breweries would do brown ales...
Katie P.
Fort Myers, FL
I fell in love with the Brooklyn Brewery Brown Ale when I lived in NYC. It is a delicious beer that almost has a chocolate/coffee/carmel taste to it. But, unlike similar beers it is not super heavy which is key to a good beer. Excellent beer choice.
Meg H.
Brooklyn Brown is one of my favorite brown ales. Smooth and delicious in a traditional English style (similar to an ESB). Very affordable without tasting cheap like a lot of domestics.
Brittany W.
Georgetown, KY
Great smooth taste!!! My husband and I really enjoy this companies beers and have had several others. This one is my favorite though!
Brianne S.
Warwick, RI
Brooklyn's Brown Ale is my favorite Brown Ale that I have tried. It is smooth, smokey and full of flavor.
Hannah H.
Abingdon, MD
This is a very strong ale. But a great taste both before and after. Hard to find though.
Carolyn B.
Carrollton, TX
Brown ales were the way I was introduced to the world of craft brewing and will always be a thing I love. This one is well balanced between malt and hops and makes for a great drink. The body isn't too heavy so you can sip a few, but it's definitely there.
Katherine V.
Las Cruces, NM
Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Brown Ale is a great beer but is not my go to.  I tend to prefer the opposite sides of the beer spectrum really liht or really dark.  This is in the middle.   I thought it had wonderful flavor and would be fab for making beer cheese fondue.
Jaimie W.
Tampa
This is a straightforward, honest-to-goodness brown ale. It's relatively inexpensive and delivers exactly the flavor you would expect. Its tried and true. If you're an ale lover, this is a good basic staple that will satisfy your need for ale-y goodness while still remaining a crowd pleaser for your friends who favor lighter drafts.
Eric S.
Hagerstown, MD
Is this very malty? Would it pare good with homemade bread ?