BY BRITISH AIRWAYS #8 in Airlines

Regina P.
Los Angeles, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
This is my airline of choice to travel to Europe and travel from England to the main content of Europe. I usually have to check luggage when I’m traveling outside of the United States of America so I love that this airline has always worked with me on this issues. Also it reminds me of flying with American Airlines outside of America. The food is good and so are the drinks! Onetime when there was a delay on our flight but we were already on the plane British Airways served us free food and drinks until the plane started moving again. Actually any inconvenience that I experienced on a British Airways flight their staff did their best to accommodate me and help in any way they could.
Käli S.
Los Angeles
I haven’t used British in awhile, and I fly back and forth to London often. The first flight I did with them was my last, the TVs were broken on my flight both in economy and first class, my mom was crying and the customer service was subpar in helping her. The price is way over the top, and Norwegian has half the price for the same thing
Paula G.
College Park, MD
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Most of the times I’ve flown with them it has been great. Business class and premium economy are a good offer. The service is good, the food is alright, the selection of drinks is good and the selection of entertainment is very broad.
I fly once every three months with BA, vaciase I usually have Iberia closer (I’m Spanish)
Sydney W.
Brooklyn
I do not love this airline much. I have had my luggage lost twice and their miles AVIOS program is confusing to use. I still am not sure how to use it and I have points with them. I seems like every time I try to use my points there is some strange issue. Once it was "you can only fly to somewhere outside the US" and the second time it was the opposite. Their staff is not the most welcoming but I have met a few nice stewards on a few flights.  All in all they get you where you need to go but not a nicely and as stress-free as other airlines. Also, I never received an apology for them loosing my luggage. Would love to hear one....
Phoebe M.
I’ve flown with BA for years, maybe even decades and have found the service and standard to be inconsistent. On a recent flight from JFK to LHR, there were no TVs, limited in flight entertainment and the vegan option was watery, limp lettuce with a chewy carrot! The stewards seemed unbothered by this being my only option, and one actually offered me a cheese pasta salad as an alternative. Cheese? For a vegan?!

The good thing about BA is that they have such a wide range of Route and flight options all across the globe, and if you’re able to afford an upgrade or make use of their lounges, you really do get a fantastic experience.
Anna P.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I had a pretty terrible experience with British Airways. I was on a flight that was running late and I had a feeling I would miss my connection, so I brought it up to my attendant many times. She assured me that everything would be fine and of course I missed my connection. To compensate for having to arrive at my destination at 3 a.m. instead of the scheduled 1 p.m., I was given $20. Also I specifically paid for seats next to my significant other and they shuffled everything last minute and we could not sit together. Thankfully someone agreed to swap seats, but it was overall a very unpleasant experience.
Kas B.
Greenville, SC
My review for British Airways has two parts. The first is actual travel. I had a family of five traveling overseas and I felt like all of her needs were met. I thought it was clean had good service and my children enjoyed the behind seat video viewing. I would definitely recommend it again and would choose to fly British Airways if given the opportunity. The second part of the review is on their food. I found it to be excellent except that my daughter who had a gluten-free meal ended up with an item that did contain gluten so I would definitely watch any specific meal types that are ordered special
Jamie H.
Tempe, AZ
I love British Airways! Forever my goto when traveling overseas. The only thing is since they merged with American Airlines, AA has taken over some of their routes... which means you get an AA plane, not a BA plane. This is an issue because BA has a higher level of all around service & quality that AA does not. AA planes have seats that feel like they were made from cardboard & you get 5 inches of leg room. BA operates on an exceptionally nicer level. Just make sure when you book your flight you are getting the nicer plane! Otherwise it’s 10 hours in a folding chair that you can move your legs in.
S G.
Brooklyn, NY
The only reason I’m giving 3 stars is because when there’s an issue (which is often), they are great at fixing their problems and overcompensate to try to keep you as a customer. However, I would not recommend flying for the following reasons:
1) they often cancel flights with little explanation
2) the economy seats are extremely small
3) the planes I’ve personally been on have been old and run down (I’m talking interior that is just falling apart)
4) the tickets are typically on the high end and you could find similar flights for much cheaper other airlines that have the same amenities
Teodora D.
Brooklyn,NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Definitely not my favorite airline. I’ve travel with them 3-4 times and it hasn’t always been great. Some times the planes were pretty good - entertainment system, usb port for charging your phone, pretty comfortable seat, but the lst 2 times I traveled with them internationally, there was nothing - no entertainment system and even no place to charge your phone. The people who have traveled overseas know how important these things are and how much more comfortable it makes your flight feel.
However, I like their app - you can get your bording pass on your phone and makes the check-in process much more easier.
Pasha P.
Are these international airlines ??
Jamie D.
Pleasant Pr, WI
How often do you fly this airline?
What is your experience with British Airways? :)
Jelena o.