BY BRITISH AIRWAYS #8 in Airlines

Julia V.
San Francisco, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
It’s incredible how many of my friends’s luggage have been lost by British airways. My one friend went traveling in South America for about 3 months, flying from Dublin, and on the way British airways lost her luggage. They wouldn’t do anything for her and just didn’t care at all, until she got a lot of other friends to launch a twitter campaign attacking at them. That’s what it took. They finally responded for fear of continued bad publicity (note: NOT for the sake of keeping their honest customer that paid a lot and trusted them happy or taking responsibility for their shortcomings as is contractually required of them when a customer purchases travel insurance, like my friend did). At any rate, after about 1.5 months they finally located her luggage. My friend was traveling around from place to place, spending about 5-15 days in each place... despite the fact that British airways promised to overnight her luggage to wherever she was once she found it, 3 times they sent it to where she just arrived but it only came after a week AFTER she left. Yeah. She never got her luggage back during that trip, and had to buy all new suitcase with all new everything (clothes, toiletries, shoes, etc) for her use during those 4 months. AND THEN, on the way home to Ireland after the full 4 months..... British airways LOST HER NEW LUGGAGE WITH REPLACEMENT BELONGINGS. She finally got her the luggage she lost on the way to South America back to her address in Ireland about ONE MONTH AFTER HER RETURN. At which point, she had already moved to the middle easy to teach young children English. Good job, British Airways! Oh and she never got her second lost luggage back. And British Airways agreed to compensate her a certain (wildly insufficient) amount for the cost incurred during the first suitcases lost (not even for the items lost the second time around though) and guess what? She never saw a penny of that money. This is obviously just 1 story and sugar honey and ice tea happens, but I’ve heard from other friends about luggage lost by British Airways. Since these incidents are purely anecdotal I have them 2 stars instead of 1... but even on the basis of this one incident they probably more reasonably deserve zero.
Giselle D.
Oakland Park, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Recently a few weeks ago I flew with British Airways for the first time round trip. I flew from Fort Lauderdale had to stop over at Heathrow in London and then my final destination was Tel Aviv in Israel. This was my first time with this Airlines because I get reward points with other airlines I would have chosen a different one but I was flying with a group to tour Israel for 2 weeks. So we had a package deal and British Airways was the chosen Airline. The airlines staff were wonderful. They had Smiles on their faces and were very nice. I know that I've heard British Airways to be considered a luxury Airlines but I wouldn't put it in those words. Spacing was very tight in my carry-on didn't fit under my seat as it should have been since it was only a purse. A small purse. This meals were delicious and the service from the flight attendants was gracious and polite. The movies and choices of entertainment were varied and you had a lot of diversity. If I had to fly this Airline again I wouldn't mind but I'm not sure I would because I think I could have gotten a lower price with another airline. Also if given the choice I would not fly through Heathrow Airport. With a lot of other Airlines and airports these are cheaper. For example $25 for an airport fee, but at Heathrow Airport which British Airway flies through, the fee was $300 to each ticket. So I know I could have saved $300 if I went through a different airport with a different airlines.
Elaine B.
Middle River, MD
I just had 2 long haul flights (8 hours) and 2 shorter flights (4 hours) with BA.

First 8 hour flight (Dulles to Heathrow): Excellent! The food option was quite good (chicken curry) and the dessert, a shortbread thing, was delicious. Our plane was comfortable, even in coach. The entertainment screens were touch screen ones. I noticed water service came frequently.

First 4 hour flight (Heathrow to Athens): I slept, so I can't review this one in good faith.

Second 4 hour flight (Athens to Heathrow): HORRIBLE. I expected to at least be OFFERED water during the drink service, but they didn't bother to offer anything unless you wanted to pay. Snacks were not provided either. The only option to receive water without charge was to request tap, which came to us looking pretty cloudy. It was obvious the priority was to make extra money from passengers because they also made a point to come around with the on-board shopping options. So on-board shopping options, but no water service. That seems pretty rude to me.

Second 8 hour flight (Heathrow to Dulles): Not as good as the first, but still better than other international flights I've flown. My only complaint is that the plane was obviously older than the first 8 hour flight's plane. The touch screen entertainment monitors were clunkier to use, and the controls to call the FA, control lights, and the entertainment were built into the armrest. Numerous times my husband leaned on the armrest and pressed the buttons by mistake. I saw sleeping passengers turn their neighbors' lights on as well.

Overall, I would fly BA again, but just for long haul, if I can help it.
Dominique H.
new york
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Flew with British airways for the first time yesterday after a day of cancelled flights was rebooked on their airline in premium economy and man did I feel like a queen. The pricing was pretty comparable to what I paid on another airline 2 months in advances versus when I was rebooked on British airways the day before. And it was very luxurious for that class of seating. Just joined their British airways club and I’m ready to fly with them exclusively. They are also part of the One World Alliance grouping, so your points can be used across some of their other airline brands too.
jerusha R.
Westport, WA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I flew British Airways by accident a few years ago. I got bumped off an Amsterdam to Houston flight twice with another airline, and the gate agent arranged for me to fly British Airways. Even though I was a last minute standby passenger coming from a different airline, BA held the gate and sent a cart for me so I could make the flight without feeling stressed or rushed. They took of getting my bags from the other airline and even gave me a first class seat to make up for the other airline bumping me!
Regilla H.
Orange County, California
Last time I flew with British Airways was probably 10 years ago. I don't know right now, but in those days they would not accept even small dogs in the cabin. I don't go anywhere without my dogs and  I expect them to travel at their very best. I will never put my dogs in the cargo holder. This is why every time I go back to Italy (and it is pretty much every 6 months) I never flew British Airways, I always use AirFrance.
Emma B.
Newark
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I haven’t flown with them often, but went to London recently and they were so accommodating with customer service. I was alone, and they helped guide me through the airport since I have never flown alone internationally. Throughout the whole long flight, the attendants kept checking in on me and my other passengers to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. I would recommend this airline to others!
Whitney G.
Hays, KS
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
A few years ago on my trip to Amsterdam, British airways and American Airlines lost my luggage during the connecting flight. I didn't have my luggage for my entire stay in Amsterdam!! Once I got home it was a whole ordeal to sort with. Took 2 weeks to get my luggage back. It was a mess.
They did however pay for the clothes and other personal items I bought to replace my lost luggage contents.
Anmol A.
Sugar Land
The seats have the most floor space between the window and seat that can be used for storage during the flight but since i am tall it wasn’t comfortable. They also give a pillow and plastic bag containing a blanket, toothbrush and toothpaste greeted passengers at each seat. Also when I wanted to use my laptop on the tray, the angle made it somewhat uncomfortable. I ended up just putting my laptop on my lap instead. In terms of watching in-flight entertainment, I didn’t find the offset screen to be bothersome.
Bella W.
Westport Connecticut
I have been traveling British Airways since I can remember! They are all so friendly and caring and eager to help with any problem or just anything in general! Very reliable and service is great! I highly recommend using British Airways. I️t also has a point system pretty much like every other airline which is amazing. I have earned free upgrades due to my points!
Pasha P.
Are these international airlines ??
Jamie D.
Pleasant Pr, WI
How often do you fly this airline?