BY BRITISH AIRWAYS #5 in Airlines

Julia V.
San Francisco
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
It’s incredible how many of my friends’s luggage have been lost by British airways. My one friend went traveling in South America for about 3 months, flying from Dublin, and on the way British airways lost her luggage. They wouldn’t do anything for her and just didn’t care at all, until she got a lot of other friends to launch a twitter campaign attacking at them. That’s what it took. They finally responded for fear of continued bad publicity (note: NOT for the sake of keeping their honest customer that paid a lot and trusted them happy or taking responsibility for their shortcomings as is contractually required of them when a customer purchases travel insurance, like my friend did). At any rate, after about 1.5 months they finally located her luggage. My friend was traveling around from place to place, spending about 5-15 days in each place... despite the fact that British airways promised to overnight her luggage to wherever she was once she found it, 3 times they sent it to where she just arrived but it only came after a week AFTER she left. Yeah. She never got her luggage back during that trip, and had to buy all new suitcase with all new everything (clothes, toiletries, shoes, etc) for her use during those 4 months. AND THEN, on the way home to Ireland after the full 4 months..... British airways LOST HER NEW LUGGAGE WITH REPLACEMENT BELONGINGS. She finally got her the luggage she lost on the way to South America back to her address in Ireland about ONE MONTH AFTER HER RETURN. At which point, she had already moved to the middle easy to teach young children English. Good job, British Airways! Oh and she never got her second lost luggage back. And British Airways agreed to compensate her a certain (wildly insufficient) amount for the cost incurred during the first suitcases lost (not even for the items lost the second time around though) and guess what? She never saw a penny of that money. This is obviously just 1 story and sugar honey and ice tea happens, but I’ve heard from other friends about luggage lost by British Airways. Since these incidents are purely anecdotal I have them 2 stars instead of 1... but even on the basis of this one incident they probably more reasonably deserve zero.
Phoebe M.
Batavia, OH
I’ve flown with BA for years, maybe even decades and have found the service and standard to be inconsistent. On a recent flight from JFK to LHR, there were no TVs, limited in flight entertainment and the vegan option was watery, limp lettuce with a chewy carrot! The stewards seemed unbothered by this being my only option, and one actually offered me a cheese pasta salad as an alternative. Cheese? For a vegan?!

The good thing about BA is that they have such a wide range of Route and flight options all across the globe, and if you’re able to afford an upgrade or make use of their lounges, you really do get a fantastic experience.
Kas B.
Greenville
My review for British Airways has two parts. The first is actual travel. I had a family of five traveling overseas and I felt like all of her needs were met. I thought it was clean had good service and my children enjoyed the behind seat video viewing. I would definitely recommend it again and would choose to fly British Airways if given the opportunity. The second part of the review is on their food. I found it to be excellent except that my daughter who had a gluten-free meal ended up with an item that did contain gluten so I would definitely watch any specific meal types that are ordered special
Teodora D.
Brooklyn,NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Definitely not my favorite airline. I’ve travel with them 3-4 times and it hasn’t always been great. Some times the planes were pretty good - entertainment system, usb port for charging your phone, pretty comfortable seat, but the lst 2 times I traveled with them internationally, there was nothing - no entertainment system and even no place to charge your phone. The people who have traveled overseas know how important these things are and how much more comfortable it makes your flight feel.
However, I like their app - you can get your bording pass on your phone and makes the check-in process much more easier.
Aimee E.
New Britain, CT
Baltimore - LondonBusiness ClassInternational
This was my first British Air flight and I just loved it. Since it was a pleasure trip, a long flight, I decided to go Business Class. What a pampered customer I was! Champagne, real food, utensils and a blanket! The flight attendants were just that: Attentive! They are were crisply dressed. The indivdual monitor was great: the flight instructions comical yet informative and the movies current. The flight was long, but 2 meals and a hot washcloth sure helped! I enjoyed the airport lounges for British Air also. The one in Baltimore was outstanding: had a mint cucumber sandwich and some champagne. What a treat for me!
jerusha R.
Denver, CO
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I flew British Airways by accident a few years ago. I got bumped off an Amsterdam to Houston flight twice with another airline, and the gate agent arranged for me to fly British Airways. Even though I was a last minute standby passenger coming from a different airline, BA held the gate and sent a cart for me so I could make the flight without feeling stressed or rushed. They took of getting my bags from the other airline and even gave me a first class seat to make up for the other airline bumping me!
Brittany J.
We flew British Airways for a few 12+ hour flights, and they were very accommodating! Their international flights had free alcoholic beverages and several movie and television shows to chose from. We were expecting to have to fly a budget airline, but BA was the cheapest, which was a nice surprise! As always, my only complaint is the seat and leg room size in Economy. I’m very short and I was still uncomfortable.
Cassandra G.
Muncie
I’ve flown British Airways trans-Atlantic and a few times across Europe, but I’ve never been impressed. The flight attendants are okay, and the seating is okay. Nothing spectacular really. I know this might seem small, but I’m continuously bummed that the snacks aren’t complimentary. A four hour flight feels long enough to deserve a snack, especially considering the price tag.
Anais G.
The day I traveled, it was a weekday and I saw a huge line!!! I freaked out because there was no way I could get my boarding pass and go through security all in two hours. There was no way. So I asked someone in line and asked them what airline it was, turns out it was Air Lingus. British Airways was completely free. So checking in was a breeze. Best time ever.
Megan F.
They have friendly flight attendants and the pilots worked hard to make up the time that our flight was delayed. The seats were comfortable and the planes seemed clean. They also have a good selection of in-air food and drinks. The gate agent was helpful in quickly getting our seat for us and helping guide us to where we needed to go. However, she did say that I would have to check my bag, but my partner's bag which was of similar size, would be allowed as a carry on. It just seemed odd that one would be allowed and not the other. When we landed, it took forever to get our bags (about 40 minutes), and we ended up missing our intended connection. I would fly them again and everything worked out in the end for our trip.
Jamie D.
Pleasant Pr, WI
How often do you fly this airline?