Britax Marathon ClickTight Convertible Car Seat - Verve uploaded by Joanna J.

BY BRITAX #53 in Car Seats

The marathon clicktight convertible car seat is an excellent choice for getting your family where they need to go safely, comfortably and with so much ease. With our clicktight installation system, now everyone can install the car seat securely and confidently by just buckling the seat belt. You simply open the front of the car seat, buckle the seat belt across the belt path and then click the seat shut for a proper installation every time. safecell impact protection surrounds your child in safety components that work together to protect well beyond the established federal safety standards. And complete side impact protection shields... see more...

• What are your pros and con about this car seat?5 Answers
  • I always want to know if this a good car seat for a 1 year old 3 Answers
Nelma M.
Warren, MI
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
There are so many great things to say about this car seat. I'll start with how easy it is to install! The click tight feature makes it a really easy and quick installation. I needed something compact for my small car and thats exactly what this seat is. I am able to fit 2 in the back seat with enough room in the middle for bags and some extras. Britax is one of the safest in terms of toxicity. It has the least amount of chemicals in the seat. Britax is also #1 in safety which was my first reason for choosing them but everything about them is great.
Jesse L.
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
I love this carseat. While it does weigh almost 30+lbs it is built to last, it has a steel frame wrapped in a hard plastic. It feels like it could survive anything. Its built in the USA which is a big deal for me and best of all, thanks to Britax's ClickTight system, it installs in less than 5 minutes... and I mean anyone, even the most car seat illiterate person can do it and do it right! With my old car seat, no matter how much I tightened it down, I always had some wiggle, but with this you have NO MOVEMENT. You just pull the seat belt across (don't lock it first), and close the clicktight seat. Or you can use the anchor system if your child is small enough.

It has multiple adjustment settings, which means, as your baby grows and wants to sit in a more upright position, that's possible. My little man hated car rides until we got this one and now he loves it because we can adjust it. If you need to adjust the height of the straps you can do so with the click of a button with NO retreading. I've had it for 3 months now and am in love. While it is a bit on the pricey side and not technically an all-in-one car seat because it does not turn into a booster, it is still well worth what I paid for it.
mary n.
Orange, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I love our britax marathon carseat. It has a very soft and comfy cushions. Easy to use with the clicktight. Its a bit heavy though especially for those who has to transfer it to another car. Its on the prcier side, but its worth it for the safety of your child. Easy to take apart to clean.
Samantha  S.
Oakley , CA
I love this car seat for my son yes it can be some what bulky but it has major reinforcement in it. It can be heavy to move from car to car so its not for someone who moves the car seat around a lot. It can be on the pricier side but I am a lover of britax! I loved that we could move my son into this car seat before he was ready to forward face and he was still very comfortable it cradled him very well. overall we love our car seat.
p.s. its awesome to hear it click in and know its on tight
Melissa G.
Monrovia, CA
Only good things to say about this car seat! I bought another car seat a little before my son turned one and I hated installing it and dreaded having to put it in another car. It never seemed to tighten enough so researched and found the britax click tight system. So happy I did. Not only is it easy to install but it's soft and padded nicely. I hated how hard and uncomfortable all the other car seats seemed.
Lana R.
Cos Cob, CT
After going through all research, I came to a conclusion that this seat was one of the best and safest option. I bought it about three years ago. So far I had only two issues with it:
- a piece of phenoplast fell from under the cover and broke - an easy fix
- now that my daughter is five, the straps became too tight (but she was still fitting just fine in the seat). I called the company and they sent me new extended straps. I am pretty sure this problem has been resolved with a newer version.
Overall a very sturdy, comfortable and safe option.
Mackenzie M.
Columbus, OH
This seat is literally the easiest seat to install. My mom could figure it out (and install it with less than an inch of wiggle room, which might I add this seat doesn't ever wiggle) and safely install in pretty much any car. While it seems to have a little less seated room Compared to our graco convertible, it doesn't phase our 20mo daughter and she drapes her legs over the sides (still rear facing!!!) if we end up having another and this has expired, I would buy another one without a second thought!
Erin D.
I love this car seat! It is the only one I can find where the straps don't get all twisted! The only thing I don't like is that water spots show very well on the fabric for some reason, and that it's also very heavy! Everything else is very good. It's probably so heavy in order to be safe!
Michelle M.
Merritt Is, FL
I have always heard great things from other moms on how great Britax is, so it was a no brainier when I was pregnant to get the B-Safe travel system. We are now ready for a convertible car seat & I was pleased with Britax infant seat so of course we stuck with Britax for our next step seat & love this one! It's heavy, but we don't move it from car to car often so that doesn't really bother us.
Larissa A.
I really like this car seat. It is easy to get the boy in and out, and he seems very comfortable in it. I like the way it looks. It is very easy to get in and out once you get the hang of it. The only negative is that it is very heavy to switch between vehicles, and it took me a while to figure out that I had to push down on the seat to get the clicktight button to work.
Brittany M.
Visalia, CA
What are your pros and con about this car seat?
Rosamaria M.