BY BRITA #7 in Water Bottles

The violet brita water bottle has a built-in filter that removes odors, and other chemicals from tap water. It purifies up to 40 gallons and is easy to twist on or off. The squirt-top bottle holds 20 oz. Of water. Also available in blue. Top-rack dishwasher safe.

• How many of you use these fantastic water bottles2 Answers
  • I'm looking for a good water bottle is this a good option...5 Answers
  • How much are the refill filters?1 Answers
Buy on kmart*
  • "I love water but those plastic bottles are not always good for you so when Brita came out with this I knew I had to have it." in 24 reviews
  • "water is not as clean as you like when travelling and buying bottled water is a waste money and not good for land fills " in 22 reviews
  • "The water fountains at my job are nice and cold...but the water tastes gross....when I use my brita water bottle...it tastes GREAT!" in 20 reviews
  • "i like this water bottle because it fits very well into my hands & i don't drop it as often i also find this bottle is more portable then other water bottles on the market i use the water bottle every day" in 19 reviews
  • "I got one of these before going to college and it's so much better than having to buy packs of water bottles constantly." in 17 reviews
Berlynn Y.
Denison, TX
First let's clarify the types of Brita Bottles we have reviewed here: the flexible sided one and the hard sided one.

The flexible one: Screw-on lid with a spout. This is the kind you have to tilt back or squeeze to drink from. It's durable, filters well, and of course portable.

The hard one: Screw-on lid with a folding straw, of sorts. This kind you can drink while leaving the bottle standing up as is. It has a loop for easy carrying in full hands or attaching to D-Rings for anything sporty. It's incredibly durable as I've dropped it many times and it's only sustained minor nicks in the plastic. It has a weird rubbery tip on the straw that you can easily slip off...which I recommend because it feels more sanitary to put your mouth on.

My personal preference has been the harder side one as I like to carry it everywhere and it the loop on the lid makes that easier. Both bottles do sweat, but that's to be expected because no where does it advertise them as double-walled to prevent such. The one with the folding straw doesn't leak whereas the softer one can when not capped properly. The more durable one also looks more professional to drink from so it's suitable for all environments. It's also a lot easier to clean the straw versus the spout. Over all though, Brita bottles are amazing and with so many designs and styles, everyone can find something that works for them. I highly recommend mine to everyone I encounter. I paid about $12 USD for mine, on clearance, so some might shudder at the price, but it has more than paid for itself and I feel better knowing I have clean water everywhere I go and won't have to purchase bottled water that ends up littering the earth eventually.
Jas. J.
Decorator Expert Level 1
For everything pure & great this water bottle has changed my life! I am one of those weird ppl that no matter where I go I cannot drunk tap water I can taste everything in it & it give me horrible heart burn! However paying for filtered bottle water was getting so expensive I’m a nursing student so let’s be real here I’m broke lol & it was a huge part of my budget. One of my friends that works with me at the hospital suggested I get one of these bottles so I did & I’m never going back! I love this water bottle you fill it up & the water taste just like bottled water maybe even better! I don’t taste the nasty things (chemicals) in tap water & I don’t get heart burn anymore. I ordered this bottle on amazon because I have prime & literally got it the next day, but you can purchase these at your local grocery store, drug stores & walmarts (Amazon is probably the cheapest). I paid $13 for the big 32oz bottle. I honestly think I’m going to order more just to have them when my other one gets dirty. I don’t know if anyone else has my issue or just doesn’t like to drink tap water but I highly recommend this product to anyone it has truly changed my life.
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
Decorator Expert Level 1
We have Brita ultramax water filter at home which we really like so I thought of buying these water bottles was well. Especially for times when you are on road trips or traveling these come really handy. It’s good for environment as well because I don’t need to but bottled water bottles anymore. It’s the least we can do for our environment. Plastic waste is our biggest problem and keeps harming us and nature in more ways than one. The water filters by Brita bottles is safe to drink and you can carry these bottles along anywhere you go. I would definitely recommend this product as they are good for you as well the environment. You can buy them on amazon or Walmart they are quiet affordable too.
Jessica L.
The Brita water bottles are perfect for days when you don’t have access to filtered water. They really do make tap water taste way better. The filters last a long time before you need to change them, so it’s not a nuisance. The type of top/cap it has isn’t my favorite style (where you need to squeeze the bottle), but that’s just my personal preference. Also because it’s plastic I always hand wash, which can be annoying for some people.
Chelsea N.
I love these! I’ve been trying to eliminate soft drinks and drink more water and I’m kind of a snob when it comes to it! I’m not a huge fan of tap water but using these makes me want to actually drink it since it’s filtered! The individual bottles comes in handy when you’re running out the door!
Meri Y.
La jolla, CA
I have a blue plastic one, and I’m not a huge fan. Ever so often, I’ll find parts of the filter swimming Around in my water, even though I’ve changed it a few times and followed directions. I called customer service and the said that it might happen. I sort think it’s worth getting one.
Bre L.
Pittsburgh, PA
I've consistently had a Brita water bottle next to me for the last 7+ years. No other brand is easier or more convenient to use. I love that you can easily find the replacement filters at many retailers. These bottles are the perfect alternative to buying bottled water. It's not only an economic advantage, but way more environmentally friendly. I own three at the moment, so that one is always in the fridge and ready to go!
Morgan B.
Indianapolis, IN
I love these water bottles. I am super picky about how my water tastes and this bottle and filter make it so much better. Especially here in Indiana the water without filtration tastes like metal, but with this it completely takes out all of the metal taste. The one very minor downside is that it sometimes makes a noise when you suck the water out, but that's not a huge deal.
Heather C.
Lake village , AR
these are good if you dont already have filtered water readily available, however in the case that you do already have filtered water these just become a hassel to deal with. The spout get stuck a lot and is difficult to drink through because of the water going through the filter as you drink, and theyre one of the hardest waterbottles Ive ever had cleaning wise
Hannah S.
This is one of my most used water bottles! I love the material because it can take a beating without cracking! The filter is great because I can just fill up my bottle at the faucet instead of taking up space in my fridge with a bulky water filter.
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Do you find refilling the filters costly?
kelli b.
Narragansett, RI
Decorator Expert Level 2
Do these water bottles last a long time?
angela g.
BRONX, NY
Where can i buy this
Kirstie B.
Do you like this bottle? how does it compare to say.. the bobble?
Nikki-Marie F.
Anderson, IN
One of the reviews said it is hard to get the water out. Do you find this to be a true statement?