Brita Ultramax Dispenser uploaded by Joy N.

BY BRITA #9 in Water Filters

Purify water with this brita ultramax dispenser. This rectangular dispenser conveniently fits into a fridge for a refreshing, cold glass of water, and it can be easily hand cleaned. see more...

• How much is this? I love it1 Answers
  • Is this worth it? Or should I just get a small pitcher? I do drin...2 Answers
  • Is this easy to clean? I've been using a regular Britta pitcher f...1 Answers
Brita Ultramax Dispenser
  • "I mean it filters the water great and the water taste great but you can't removed the top part of the Brita so you can clean the inside of it." in 2 reviews
  • "I have this huge one and a regular sized water bottle and they are so much better than plastic bottles." in 1 review
Chela W.
Hillcrest Hts, MD
Foodie Expert
Used to have one of these coming up. It worked wonderfully. Technology has changes so I'm pretty sure it's better than before. Great for a big house hold.
Andrea V.
Whittier, CA
Foodie Expert
This is the most convenient water filter container that I've found. It holds a lot of water at one time and with five people in the house it's the best. Now the negative. I've had two of these filters. The first one got broken in moving so it was replaced. Both of them leaked from around the spigot so it's a manufacturing issue. We just put a dish towel under it and replace it regularly.
Michele B.
Foodie Expert
I have one of these in my refrigerator simply because it holds more then a pitcher, so there is less refilling. Let's face it refilling an empty pitcher 4 times a day and never getting cold water because no one else refills it kinda bites which is something that happens less now. I don't think I could live without it, as the tap water in my apartment is rather icky tasting (really old building) and the filter does a great job of making it taste better. The only downside is that the dispenser leaks about 3-4 tablespoons of water daily into my refrigerator but it's worth it for me to have clean tasting cold water daily.
Jasmine R.
Saint Louis, MO
Foodie Expert
I've had this Brita filtration system for about 2 years and I love everything about it. The shape holds a lot of water but fits perfectly into the fridge without taking up too much space. The filters themselves are also great and leaves my water tasting crisp and fresh. The fact that this pitcher holds so much water cuts down on always having to refill it. Love this filter all around. If you have a small sink I could see filling it up to be a pain. Lucky we have a big kitchen sink so I can fill it straight from the faucet.
Siri S.
I've had this tank for years and we finally brought it out, cleaned it and used it. the nice thing about brita is that they don't change the filter shape, so my old dispenser and pitchers work well with the new filters, even though the design is updated. my only issue with brita is the first use of a new filter and how much water you need to cycle through before you get the charcoal/filter elements flushed through. It's ok though, we just use the initial water to water our plants.
Tiffany C.
Love the ultramax dispenser! We've had ours since my 5 year old was an infant. We kept it on the counter and used it for her bottles. It was perfect. And then when she was off of bottles, it got moved to the fridge, and we're still using it! It's SO nice to always have ice cold, filtered water. We'll eventually get a fridge with a water dispenser built in, and we'll retire it. But for now, it's still going strong, and I'm a huge fan of it!
Sarah P.
Anaheim, CA
Foodie Expert
I've had this filter for over 3 years and I absolutely love it. Living in an upstairs apartment makes it hard to go and refill 5 gallon jugs all the time so the Brita was a life saver. The amount of water it holds is sufficient for my boyfriend and I. I love that it comes with a small reminder that you can put on your fridge so you don't forget to change the filter. Its easy to clean and fits perfectly in our fridge!
Kristy C.
Abington, PA
Foodie Expert
I honestly can't live without my Brita! My family drinks water 95% of the time. Brita filtered water has a refreshing & clean taste. I prefer it over any bottled water. The Ultramax holds 18 cups of water, making refills less frequent. The dispenser functions great, filling my cup pretty fast. If you have a family, want good/clean water & save a ton of money....get the Brita Ultramax!
Sami B.
San Antonio, TX
I don't really know if the filter works. I've tried to find some sort of research proving that this filter removes build up in the water but I have yet to find it. I did taste a change in the water from the tap but my Fiancé did not and he is very particular about the taste of the water he drinks. I used the Brita Pitcher Replacement Filter as well.
Carol D.
Foodie Expert
I love my Brita filter. I live in an area with water that has high chlorination/a pretty distinct chlorine smell. I was drinking the tap water and using the ice from my unfiltered maker and my skin was going bananas. Enter Brita - the water tastes fresh, clean, and free of any taste or odor. I love the size too! I fill it every two or so days and am good.
Allison L.
Ruston, LA
Foodie Expert
Is this worth it? Or should I just get a small pitcher? I do drink a lot of water, and it's just so much easier to use a filter first. Is it too big? Worth it? A pain to refill?
Angel A.
Lorain, OH
How much is this? I love it
Rachel H.
Issaquah, WA
Foodie Expert
Is this easy to clean? I've been using a regular Britta pitcher for quite some time and get annoyed at how much I have to fill it up. thought this would be great if it isn't a pain to clean!
Mannu C.
Redondo Beach, CA
How often do you need to change the filter?