BY BRIOGEO

Which hair type is it good for?

• Straight
  •  Wavy
  • Curly
  • Coiled
  • Tightly Coiled

What it is:
A unique, charcoal- and coconut oil-infused scalp shampoo that detoxifies, exfoliates, soothes, and balances the scalp for optimal scalp health.

Key benefits:
- Detoxifies and removes buildup
- Soothes itchy, irritated, and flaky scalp
- Hydrates the scalp to prevent dryness

If you want to know more…
This unique shampoo infuses binchotan charcoal to draw impurities from the scalp and hair follicle, providing the foundation for optimal scalp health. Vegetable-derived micro-exfoliators remove dead skin cells and product buildup to support a clean, balanced, and healthy scalp, as a cooling blend of peppermint and spearmint oils reduces scalp itchiness. Tea tree oil features anti-septic and healing properties to reduce scalp irritation, while coconut oil delivers superior moisturization to the scalp to combat and prevent dryness and flakiness. Super-vitamin panthenol provides essential nutrients to strengthen the hair roots and shaft.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without gluten, silicones, DEA, or synthetic dyes.

Research results:
Results obtained from an independent, clinical laboratory study in which participants used the scalp shampoo over a 1-week period:
- 92% of participants with a self-assessed dry scalp indicated that the shampoo was effective in hydrating and moisturizing their scalp
- 100% of participants with a self-assessed flaky scalp said the shampoo was effective at reducing flakiness
- 100% of participants with a self-assessed irritated scalp said the shampoo was effective in reducing irritation
- 86% of participants with a self-assessed itchy scalp said the shampoo was effective in reducing itchiness
- 85% of participants with a self-assessed scalp buildup said the shampoo was effective at reducing buildup on the scalp
- 88% of participants said the shampoo was effective in enhancing their scalp health

Based on a data from a clinical measurement of scalp hydration, results revealed there is a statistically significant increase in scalp hydration after 1 use of both the Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo and Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment:
- 100% of subjects showed an improvement in scalp hydration after just 1 use of both the Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo and Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment

• Do anyone know if this helps with dandruff? Briogeo Sca...10 Answers
  • How good does this work?I love this brand.12 Answers
  • Does this really work for itchy scalp?1 Answers
Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo

Start your review of Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
L P.
Purchased at: Sephora
I love the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo because of the way it makes my scalp feel. As someone with a scalp that becomes easily inflamed and itchy, I need to use shampoos that will thoroughly clean my scalp and strip away any product residue, grease, or impurities ... and this shampoo does just that! Similar to tea tree based products, this shampoo produced a fresh, cool feeling after each use. My scalp feels happy and calm after use.

As with all shampoos Iike this, I recommend using a hydrating conditioner. Also, be aware that the shampoo doesn’t really lather, so don’t try to glob more product onto your scalp thinking that will help it to lather up.

I work this into my scalp, all over, paying special attention to the areas of my scalp that I know are easily irritated.

My only complaints with this product involve the price and the packaging. The product is quite expensive, so if you use this every day, you’ll run through it very quickly. Also, the jar packaging makes it bulky for travel and a strange experience when scooping product out of the jar.
Juli M.
Purchased at: Sephora
PROS:
Does an amazing job on my scalp! It really cleans off dead skin and product build up, and I can tell a difference in the way my hair behaves after using this for a while. I have VERY dry, frizzy hair, so I haven’t noticed it making my hair feel oily or greasy, but it is a lot smoother and shinier.

CONS:
The scent!! I’m not sensitive to scents in products, and they never bother me (except to wonder how it affects my skin!) But this is so overwhelming it almost makes me sick. The first time I used it I literally thought I was going to have to get out of the shower. It’s not an unpleasant scent, kind of minty and fresh. But it’s just so strong!

WILL I REPURCHASE?
Yes, even though smelling it makes me nauseated. The benefits to my hair outweigh five minutes of queasiness once a week.
Callie G.
This shampoo is a must have for any hair type! I have struggled my whole life with dandruff. Not the flaky dry skin kind of dandruff, although I have experienced that occasionally over the years. But my dandruff is tiny little balls of hard skin (sounds gross describing it that way) that feels like little scabs on my scalp . I could run my fingers through my hair at any time and feel a ton of these little "scabs" on my scalp that I could pick off. I had tried all kinds of shampoos and treatments for it over the years from over the counter shampoos at the drugstore to prescription shampoos from my dermatologist, but nothing took away my dandruff. Not to mention the prescription shampoos smelling so bad that my friends noticed the smell waling next to me outside. So when I heard about this shampoo last year, I quickly jumped on board to try it out since it exfoliates the scalp. I noticed an INSTANT improvement in my dandruff after just one use! I barely had any of those little scabs left on my scalp, and after a couple of uses it was completely gone. I also noticed after a few uses that I was scratching my head less because this shampoo really deep cleaned my scalp from all the hairsprays and dry shampoo that builds up over the days that I don't wash my hair. I can't sing this products praises enough. I will never go without this shampoo. I even got it for my mom for Christmas, and she is hooked now too. Definitely recommend it to everyone!
Kim M.
I got a deluxe sample of this with a Sephora order. I tend to have issues with hair products breaking out my scalp and making it itchy, although since switching over to Briogeo and Living Proof products (silicone and sulfate free) I haven't had any issues. This shampoo is rather runny which can make it a little tricky to apply. It takes a bit of practice to figure out how to get the shampoo and the exfoliating charcoal bits to get through your hair and to the scalp. Once you do get it down to the scalp you massage it around with your fingertips and then move it through your strands. It can be a little tricky to rinse it out but if you section your hair and have the stream of water do the work for you it doesn't take much work. I have mixed the shampoo with another one in the Briogeo line so that it would be easier to work with and it did fine like that. The one downside is that it can take quite a bit of product to get your entire scalp scrubbed and this stuff isn't cheap, which is the reason for taking one star off. The scent is minty but the scent doesn't linger after you rinse it off. It does have some mild tingling which is nice and the massaging it requires promotes hair growth which is a bonus. This product really gets your scalp clean and I have also tried the
Briogeo Be Gentle; Be Kind Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo
Jessica R.
W Bloomfield, MI
This is the best shampoo for people with a dry scalp. I used to have a really dry scalp and I have dark hair so when it was bad my flakes would show. This has completely changed that. It does exactly what it calms to do. It’s also good if you’re like me and use a lot of dry shampoo throughout the week. It just gets all the gunk out. Smells fresh and minty too.
Stephanie R.
Templeton
I was amazed by this product! I received this product as a gift and wish I had another tub.
Pros:
-Cleared up dandruff
-Exfoliated and left my scalp feeling revived!
-Great scent

Cons:
-Most times I have to get two scoops from the container to get a good lather
-Sometimes left hair dry after if I didn't use conditioner after
-Price is very high and is the only thing preventing me from purchasing another one
Rachel R.
San Francisco
I really was excited for this product! I live in the Bay Area where the wind is harsh and cold. I had never had dry flakey scalp until I moved here. I bleach my hair as well so that also makes my scalp peel too! So I tried out this product and I just didn’t get the results I was looking for! I massaged the product into my scalp in the shower and rinsed. I have seen this get great reviews everywhere but I’m left disappointed!
Virginia M.
East Rochester
This has been my winter haircare savior. It keeps my hair healthy and scalp dandruff free, which I used to continuously struggle with in other brands. The tea tree scent and cool mint is like a spa visit every time you use it. Easy to lather throughout your hair without having to use a huge amount of product, and washes out easily. I absolutely love this shampoo and only wish it was more budget friendly!
Bridgett P.
Amarillo, TX
I received this item in a VoxBox. I have suuuper long straight hair (past my butt) & i swear by scalp shampoos, but this one didn’t really do it for me. I was conflicted about the texture- never used a grainy shampoo before so I couldn’t decide if it would be beneficial or damaging. Loved the minty fresh feel but it didn’t leave my hair nearly as soft or as shiny as my regular $5 shampoo.
Tawnee C.
I'm kind of annoyed that this works as well as it does because it's so expensive. I have seborrheic dermatitis all over my scalp, which causes a lot of flaky, oily build up and ichiness (fun stuff). This product has pretty much rid me of that problem since it really does remove all the gross dead skin and oil better than any product I've ever used! It also doesn't strip my hair and leave it dry.
Heaven B.
How good does this work?I love this brand.
Cindy C.
Walnut Creek, CA
Do anyone know if this helps with dandruff? Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo
Justine M.
Guelph, ON
Instead of using regular shampoo, you would use this?? Is that right? And is there a conditioner to go along with it?
Claire E.
Castalian Springs, TN
Is this good for sensitive skin and easy to apply, like non messy?
Alexis M.
I get pretty dry scalp in the wintertime. Does anyone know of any products that work for them in helping dry scalp? Right now I am using Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo like once a week and I’m looking for other suggestions.

Sephora