Add a Photo

By BRIOGEO
#467 in Shampoo

Which hair type is it good for? Straight Wavy Curly Coiled Tightly Coiled A unique, charcoal- and coconut oil-infused scalp shampoo that detoxifies, exfoliates, soothes, and balances the scalp for optimal scalp health. Key benefits: - Detoxifies and removes buildup - Soothes itchy, irritated, and flaky scalp - Hydrates the scalp to prevent dryness If you want to know more…This unique shampoo infuses binchotan charcoal to draw impurities from the scalp and hair follicle, providing the foundation for optimal scalp health. Vegetable-derived micro-exfoliators remove dead skin cells and product buildup to support a clean, balanced, and healthy scalp, as a cooling blend of peppermint and spearmint oils reduces scalp itchiness. Tea tree oil features anti-septic and healing properties to reduce scalp irritation, while coconut oil delivers superior moisturization to the scalp to combat and prevent dryness and flakiness. Super-vitamin panthenol provides essential nutrients to strengthen the hair roots and shaft. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without gluten, silicones, DEA, or synthetic dyes. Research results: Results obtained from an independent, clinical laboratory study in which participants used the scalp shampoo over a 1-week period: - 92% of participants with a self-assessed dry scalp indicated that the shampoo was effective in hydrating and moisturizing their scalp- 100% of participants with a self-assessed flaky scalp said the shampoo was effective at reducing flakiness- 100% of participants with a self-assessed irritated scalp said the shampoo was effective in reducing irritation- 86% of participants with a self-assessed itchy scalp said the shampoo was effective in reducing itchiness - 85% of participants with a self-assessed scalp buildup said the shampoo was effective at reducing buildup on the scalp - 88% of participants said the shampoo was effective in enhancing their scalp health Based on a d

Christine N.
Christine N.
May 21, 2017, 2:28 p.m.
Review for: Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL
Okay, this product does not work at eliminating dandruff naturally like I had hoped. I have had the best luck with Nizoral and raw honey masks actually for dandruff.

However, this product does work at clarifying the scalp and is best suited for use once or twice a week in conjunction with a deep conditioning hair mask. The charcoal and coconut really cleans the scalp but leaves the hair itself dry. It is quite gratifying to use (like a face scrub or a body scrub) and smells like mint chocolate chip, but does make the hair feel quite straw-like after and you really need to follow up with a deep conditioning hair mask.

I like how natural Briogeo's products are but did wish this would have eliminated dandruff but it is not a natural alternative and I tried twice over the course of several days. Nizoral really clears up dandruff the easiest and fastest (usually completely by the second try) and raw honey as well assuming you don't mind the stickiness and hassle (which keeps me from using this effective but all natural alternative).

This product does nothing for my dandruff or for general scalp itchiness. It is just a natural clarifying shampoo alternative. That said, detoxifying the scalp and coconut oil applied to the scalp are suppose to help with hair growth and I think this product may work for that purpose.
Kelly Marie C.
Kelly Marie C.
San Francisco, CA
May 12, 2017, 3:36 a.m.
Reluctantly, I bought this through sephora during the semi-annual VIB sale. I wear black on a normal basis and the flakes from my scalp were showing up due to my eczema. I read the raving reviews on this on sephora and though, hey, I have a discount (not a huge dent to the price, but better than full) and I really have tried almost everything, so let's try this baby out. When it arrived, I decided it's a good size and I took a whiff and it smells better than what I thought - minty, not medicinal. When I first tried it, I didn't have high hopes, but as I wore my black fleece (as I do everyday for work) I noticed nearly no flakes! As with the back on my chair! No Flakes! Now if they could only make a scalp revival & hair strengthening to prevent these fall-outs, that'd be awesome! Would most definitely buy again!
Mariangel M.
Mariangel M.
Miami, Fl, Florida
April 25, 2017, 11:29 p.m.

Overall, I am very happy with the new line of scalp Briogeo revival so great additions to keep hair and scalp healthy. I RECOMMEND the three products, even though I need so little every time it can be a while until I need to do it! If you want a healthy hair growth environment, and especially if you have any scalp concerns such as dandruff, irritation, scalp itching or dry, and you are prone to accumulation, this line is worth looking at!
Jasmine W.
Jasmine W.
April 19, 2017, 8:20 p.m.
This brand is SO innovative. This is like a scrub and a mask all rolled into one. Leaves hair(of ALL hair types) feeling silky, smooth, and clean. Completely detoxifies the scalp. Cool tingling sensation that stimulates your scalp and promotes healthy hair growth. Doesn't leave your hair or scalp feeling oily or greasy. Love this product.
Sana N.
Sana N.
Iselin, NJ
April 19, 2017, 2:40 p.m.
It remove dead skin cells and product buildup to support a clean, balanced, and healthy scalp, as a cooling blend of peppermint and spearmint oils reduces scalp itchiness. Tea tree oil features anti-septic and healing properties to reduce scalp irritation, while coconut oil delivers superior moisturization to the scalp to combat , i use it most of the time after dying my hair when it's dry and my scalp is itchy i really like it
Davia G.
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
April 19, 2017, 7:05 p.m.
Smells wonderful and leaves your scalp feeling like it can actually breathe (if that make sense to you) ? I love that this so gentle on my scalp- I suffer from severely dry scalp and do get oily buildup- This makes the absolute difference and my hair feels wonderful!
Chloe S.
Chloe S.
May 4, 2017, 1:16 p.m.
This product was so intriguing to me. A scalp exfoliating wash? So I got a sample of it and tried it a few times. Can't say I'm disappointed but I think it's one of those things you need to use for awhile to see the full results. I definitely got rid of that gross product build up though!
Mereece N.
Mereece N.
Elizabeth, NJ
April 21, 2017, 11:14 p.m.
Love this shampoo my hair feels better than ever so soft,silky,and smooth.it definitely helped rejuvenate my dry hair and my hair looks like I've healthy.i love this brand and will include more products in the line to include in my hair regimen.
Jesse W.
Jesse W.
Medina, OH
April 19, 2017, 5:55 p.m.
Ahhmazing!!! The scent alone is enticing! After using this for 2 weeks, my scalp felt. .. refreshed? For lack of a better word. Dandruff has noticeably decreased and the dryness is no more.
Felicia D.
Felicia D.
Fayetteville , NC
April 14, 2017, 5:46 p.m.
This stuff is just amazing! It makes your scalp feel clean and refreshed but doesn't strip it of all its natural oils!! I think this would be perfect for after workouts or if you suffer from having an itchy scalp!!
Cheri B.
Cheri B.
Fraser, MI
Does this dry your hair out ?
Meredith S.
Meredith S.
Is this good? Is it drying?
Chaya B.
Chaya B.
What does this do? I love briogeo products and would love to add this to my collection!
Does it help with dandruff? How much needs to be used?
Agripina H.
Agripina H.
Turlock, CA
I seriously want own ever product from this brand it has worked wonders on my hair and skin #influenster #VoxBox ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤