Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating ShampooInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY BRIOGEO

Which hair type is it good for?

• Straight
  •  Wavy
  • Curly
  • Coiled
  • Tightly Coiled

What it is:
A unique, charcoal- and coconut oil-infused scalp shampoo that detoxifies, exfoliates, soothes, and balances the scalp for optimal scalp health.

Key benefits:
- Detoxifies and removes buildup
- Soothes itchy, irritated, and flaky scalp
- Hydrates the scalp to prevent dryness

If you want to know more…
This unique shampoo infuses binchotan charcoal to draw impurities from the scalp and hair follicle, providing the foundation for optimal scalp health. Vegetable-derived micro-exfoliators remove dead skin cells and product buildup to support a clean, balanced, and healthy scalp, as a cooling blend of peppermint and spearmint oils reduces scalp itchiness. Tea tree oil features anti-septic and healing properties to reduce scalp irritation, while coconut oil delivers superior moisturization to the scalp to combat and prevent dryness and flakiness. Super-vitamin panthenol provides essential nutrients to strengthen the hair roots and shaft.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without gluten, silicones, DEA, or synthetic dyes.

Research results:
Results obtained from an independent, clinical laboratory study in which participants used the scalp shampoo over a 1-week period:
- 92% of participants with a self-assessed dry scalp indicated that the shampoo was effective in hydrating and moisturizing their scalp
- 100% of participants with a self-assessed flaky scalp said the shampoo was effective at reducing flakiness
- 100% of participants with a self-assessed irritated scalp said the shampoo was effective in reducing irritation
- 86% of participants with a self-assessed itchy scalp said the shampoo was effective in reducing itchiness
- 85% of participants with a self-assessed scalp buildup said the shampoo was effective at reducing buildup on the scalp
- 88% of participants said the shampoo was effective in enhancing their scalp health

Based on a data from a clinical measurement of scalp hydration, results revealed there is a statistically significant increase in scalp hydration after 1 use of both the Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo and Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment:
- 100% of subjects showed an improvement in scalp hydration after just 1 use of both the Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo and Scalp Revival Charcoal + Tea Tree Scalp Treatment

• How good does this work?I love this brand.12 Answers
  • does this help with hair growth at all?2 Answers
  • I have the scalp treatment by this brand and I absolutely...3 Answers
Callie G.
Review for: Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL more...
This shampoo is a must have for any hair type! I have struggled my whole life with dandruff. Not the flaky dry skin kind of dandruff, although I have experienced that occasionally over the years. But my dandruff is tiny little balls of hard skin (sounds gross describing it that way) that feels like little scabs on my scalp . I could run my fingers through my hair at any time and feel a ton of these little "scabs" on my scalp that I could pick off. I had tried all kinds of shampoos and treatments for it over the years from over the counter shampoos at the drugstore to prescription shampoos from my dermatologist, but nothing took away my dandruff. Not to mention the prescription shampoos smelling so bad that my friends noticed the smell waling next to me outside. So when I heard about this shampoo last year, I quickly jumped on board to try it out since it exfoliates the scalp. I noticed an INSTANT improvement in my dandruff after just one use! I barely had any of those little scabs left on my scalp, and after a couple of uses it was completely gone. I also noticed after a few uses that I was scratching my head less because this shampoo really deep cleaned my scalp from all the hairsprays and dry shampoo that builds up over the days that I don't wash my hair. I can't sing this products praises enough. I will never go without this shampoo. I even got it for my mom for Christmas, and she is hooked now too. Definitely recommend it to everyone!
Kim M.
I got a deluxe sample of this with a Sephora order. I tend to have issues with hair products breaking out my scalp and making it itchy, although since switching over to Briogeo and Living Proof products (silicone and sulfate free) I haven't had any issues. This shampoo is rather runny which can make it a little tricky to apply. It takes a bit of practice to figure out how to get the shampoo and the exfoliating charcoal bits to get through your hair and to the scalp. Once you do get it down to the scalp you massage it around with your fingertips and then move it through your strands. It can be a little tricky to rinse it out but if you section your hair and have the stream of water do the work for you it doesn't take much work. I have mixed the shampoo with another one in the Briogeo line so that it would be easier to work with and it did fine like that. The one downside is that it can take quite a bit of product to get your entire scalp scrubbed and this stuff isn't cheap, which is the reason for taking one star off. The scent is minty but the scent doesn't linger after you rinse it off. It does have some mild tingling which is nice and the massaging it requires promotes hair growth which is a bonus. This product really gets your scalp clean and I have also tried the
Briogeo Be Gentle; Be Kind Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo
Laura P.
Cleveland, OH
Review for: Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro Exfoliating Shampoo more...
The shampoo did what it said it would do. I suffer from itchy scalp & whilst using this I really wasn’t itching as much as I usually do. It had a pleasant scent also; as an itchy scalp sufferer I tend to find the shampoos that usually work to relieve my itching don’t smell as great, but this had a very nice and refreshing scent.
The consistency takes some getting used to as it has micro beads within the shampoo, and at first it was difficult to lather in to the scalp, I feel like you need to use a lot of the product to really get it around your whole head.
The reason I give this product four stars is because I wasn’t a fan of the tub like packaging. For a shampoo this makes it difficult to use in the shower and if I had brought this product at the retail price I would always worry about dropping product which leads me on to the next reason this product gets 4*.. the retail price is far too expensive. I wouldn’t pay $40 for any shampoo, it is just unjustifiable, especially seeing as you need to use so much product, AND you’re at risk of that product going down the drain due to the packaging.
Would I purchase this product again? Yes but only if they drop the retail price to about $20, I wouldn’t pay more than that for this product.
Morgan H.
Huntingdon Vy, PA
I am so happy I discovered this product. I suffer from a super dry and itchy scalp that's lacking much needed moisture. It gets especially worse in the winter and I've been searching up and down for years now for a product that will not only soothe my scalp but with also help with the dandruff I get sometimes from scratching so bad because of how itchy it is. Anyone who goes through this knows first hand how much it sucks and how embarrassing it can be. I know it makes me super self conscious. Well this product is a game changer and a life saver. I don't know how I survived so many years without it but I'm so happy I discovered it. It works freaking wonders. After one use of this, my scalp felt atleast 75% better and the dandruff was seriously so minimal it was amazing. I always expect a lot fro Briogeo because I know they're an amazing brand, but I was blown out of the water with the results of this one. If you suffer from any issues with a dry or irritated scalp or just dandruff, I highly highly recommend picking this up and trying it. I promise you won't regret it. I will never stop repurchasing this because it's that good. They also have a scalp oil and a dry shampoo in powder form that are also part of this line. I'm very interested in trying them as well because I think they are most likely awesome products as well. But regardless of them being good or not, this is definitely one of Briogeos stand out products and easily one of the best, if not the best they have period. I can't say enough good things about this and hope I've convinced some of you to try it or helped sway some of your decisions to checking it out.
Giovanna A.
Phoenix, AZ
Review for: Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL, Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro Exfoliating Shampoo more...
I like using a clarifying shampoo once every week or two weeks depending on how my hair if feeling. Most clarifying shampoos will leave my hair feeling queaky clean and dry. This shampoo makes my hair feel clean, exfoliated and it helps with dandruff, dry, flaky skin. My boyfriend even uses this because he loves how clean and refreshing his scalps feels afterwards. The smell is quite pleasant too. It has a chocolate mint smell, but it is not overly sweet, (sometimes sweet smells can be a bit much). When you apply it, you can feel the little exfoliating beads and it really gives you an great feeling as you focus on your hair roots and scalp. I would totally recommend this product to anyone. I don't think it is overly drying, and it will last you a while since you only need to use it when you feel your hair needs it.
Alexis R.
Craryville, NY
This shampoo is HORRIBLE!!! It completely destroyed my hair and scalp. My hair was looking dull and hideous but I kept using this shampoo because it had such great reviews. After using this for 2 months, I ended up with extremely bad dandruff. My scalp had huge flakes coming off of it. My sister is a cosmetologist and she commented how dry my hair looked. I stopped using this and went to Klorane and my hair and scalp are 100% better in just 2 weeks. My hair is now shiny, manageable and dandruff free!!!! This Briogeo shampoo does not rinse out properly and the exfoliants just rough up the hair shaft. I can’t believe I stupidly kept using this. 100% horrible. I don’t like their other products either. None of the conditioners helped. My hair just looked dull and dry. I will never buy a product from this brand again.
Carlie W.
Cartersville, GA
I have a very dry flaky scalp and this shampoo definitely helps with the itching and flaky-ness. But it makes my hair feel dirty. It makes it very rough and hard to run my fingers through while washing. Which is a pain because I only finger comb my hair and like to detangle it while shampoo and conditioning. It’s non lathering and I really like a good lather to my shampoo. I don’t like that it comes in a container rather than a bottle. I would recommend if you have fine easy to deal with hair unlike my thick naturally curly hair because it’s a little hard to work into the scalp with all of my hair. I received this shampoo free from Influenster for review purposes.
Jessica L.
ALEXANDRIA , VA
Vacation hair #detox in progress! 🧖🏼‍♀️ So jazzed to try out @briogeo scalp revival duo, compliments of @influenster! Who knew you could exfoliate your scalp? 🤷‍♀️ This #microexfolliating #shampoo uses #charcoal and #coconutoil to #refresh and #deepclean the #scalp, and the cooling jelly #conditioner #rehydrates the hair from root to tips! What a #refreshing and #rejuvenating #hair experience! Definitely #recommend trying it! #Protip: massage the shampoo thoroughly into the scalp to remove any impurities and dead skin, rinse, and then allow the conditioner to work it’s magic for a few minutes while you finish up your shower. Your scalp will feel refreshed, awake, and ultra clean! 🥥🍬

#areyouready #ready4thisjelly #influenster #briogeo #contest #complimentary #hairgoals #redhair #cleanhair #hairdetox #healthyscalp #healthyhair #selfcare #beauty #beautyproduct #voxbox #beautyblogger #modeloffduty #crueltyfree #parabenfree #sulfatefree #phthalatefree #vegan
Zoey N.
Um this smells like mint chocolate cookies !! I use this once/twice a week. After I go in with my Briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair Shampoo, I apply this to my hair like an exfoliator. Just massage the scalp for 5mins straight. You will feel very fresh, cooling, and good! This is so cooling that it’s so suitable for hot summer days. Plus, it doesn’t have any chemicals in here which is what my scalp needs rn! So good!
P/S: proof of half a year of using Briogeo products only!
Kat J.
Review for: Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL, Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro Exfoliating Shampoo, Other more...
I received a deluxe sample of this product from Sephora.

This shampoo is specifically for detoxifying, exfoliating, soothing, and balancing your scalp. Because I didn’t wanna overdo it, I used this twice a week until my sample ran out to really test how it works incorporated into my normal haircare routine,...

I was quite impressed. The consistency is somewhat thinner than expected, with rough exfoliating particles throughout. The scent is reminiscent of menthol, but it isn’t unpleasant. It adds a fresh clean feeling to the experience of using this product. It doesn’t foam up like regular shampoos, so you have to be careful not to use too much. A little goes a long way. I let it sit on my head for a minute or so before rinsing... And what I noticed afterwards was a reinvigorated scalp that was no longer itchy or dry in any way whatsoever. My hair had less fallout, and my locks felt smooth, clean, and happy. It also removed the buildup of products in my hair which made a huge difference in the health and growth.

I would happily buy a full size of this product. Briogeo never ceases to amaze me,...
Heaven B.
How good does this work?I love this brand.
Justine M.
Guelph, ON
Instead of using regular shampoo, you would use this?? Is that right? And is there a conditioner to go along with it?
Cindy C.
Walnut Creek, CA
Do anyone know if this helps with dandruff? Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo
Cheri B.
Fraser, MI
Does this dry your hair out ?
Claire E.
Castalian Springs, TN
Is this good for sensitive skin and easy to apply, like non messy?

Sephora