BY BRIOGEO

Which hair type is it good for? Straight Wavy Curly Coiled Tightly Coiled A unique, charcoal- and coconut oil-infused scalp shampoo that detoxifies, exfoliates, soothes, and balances the scalp for optimal scalp health. Key benefits: - Detoxifies and removes buildup - Soothes itchy, irritated, and flaky scalp - Hydrates the scalp to prevent dryness If you want to know more…This unique shampoo infuses binchotan charcoal to draw impurities from the scalp and hair follicle, providing the foundation for optimal scalp health. Vegetable-derived micro-exfoliators remove dead skin cells and product buildup to support a clean, balanced, and healthy scalp, as a cooling blend of peppermint and spearmint oils reduces scalp itchiness. Tea tree oil features anti-septic and healing properties to reduce scalp irritation, while coconut oil delivers superior moisturization to the scalp to combat and prevent dryness and flakiness. Super-vitamin panthenol provides essential nutrients to strengthen the hair roots and shaft. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and formulated without gluten, silicones, DEA, or synthetic dyes. Research results: Results obtained from an independent, clinical laboratory study in which participants used the scalp shampoo over a 1-week period: - 92% of participants with a self-assessed dry scalp indicated that the shampoo was effective in hydrating and moisturizing their scalp- 100% of participants with a self-assessed flaky scalp said the shampoo was effective at reducing flakiness- 100% of participants with a self-assessed irritated scalp said the shampoo was effective in reducing irritation- 86% of participants with a self-assessed itchy scalp said the shampoo was effective in reducing itchiness - 85% of participants with a self-assessed scalp buildup said the shampoo was effective at reducing buildup on the scalp - 88% of participants said the shampoo was effective in enhancing their scalp health Based on a d

Buy on Sephora
Nicole A.
Las Vegas , NV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL
I've been struggling the last few years with an extremely dry irritated itchy and painful scalp. This is due to side effects from my autoimmune diseases!! I've found some treatments and oils that have helped quite a bit with a lot of research and such over the years, however until now I was unable to find an actual effective shampoo that dosent contain a lot of harsh ingredients!!!
This shampoo by Briogeo is a miracle for my scalp!! 1st off it's 6 free hair care shampoo which means no harsh chemical products!!
I'm big on natural especially for my hair and skin care other then dye which I have to use due to excessive grays i stick to as natural as possible!!
This shampoo is pricy, but the benefits out way the price 100%.
I use it 3 times a week which is the most I will wash my hair. The shampoo itself smells delightful and not medicinal!! The consistency is quite different however, it is thick and a bit gritty kinda reminds me of glam glow!! I take a scoop to very wet hair and focus on my scalp 1st massaging as vigorously as possible with the tips of my finger, this shampoo doesn't lather like others due to being 6 free, but you can feel it working on contact! I then follow in a scrubbing motion down to the ends of my hair!! I personally let it sit on my hair and scalp for 10 minutes while I do the rest of my shower and rinse with cool water!!!
The feeling my scalp is left with is just AMAZING!! It feels so soothing and healthy plus my hair smells great, the sent reminds me of mint chocolate!!
I was debating knocking a star off for the packaging, it is a strange method for a shampoo, it comes in an 8 oz screw cap jar so you have to stick your fingers in it to scoop out the product🤔 I feel this must be due to the consistency of the shampoo maybe? Hopefully one day Briogeo will find a better way to package this, but because the product performance is so good I still gave it 5 stars!!
My overall scalp has never felt so good, my dry patches are slowly getting smaller and smaller and I don't get that burning itch anymore either!!!
If you struggle with an out of control scalp like me please give it a try it's 100% worth every penny!! Finally I can stop wasting money on shampoo after shampoo with no relief!!! I'm in love with this stuff😍😍😍😍
Jackie O.
Yonkers , NY
Review for: Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro Exfoliating Shampoo
I having a nerve disorder and on a lot of medication that can dry out my skin/scalp! Also the change in temp adds to it! My scalps was itchy and I saw red patches and Flaks but new it wasn’t dandruff so I got this to see if it would help and after one one use I felt better but after two uses it was totally fixed! Now once a month I use this! I love the peperment spell but since I have nails o wish it wasn’t in a a jar bc it gets stuck under my nails and that is something that bothers me but for all the good it does I will deal with it!
Krystle K.
Sewell, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
i got this because i watch Tati on youtube and she went on and on about this product the past month or so. i love that its free of nasty ingredients and i was impressed with the simplicity of the packaging. i liked what the company stood for, so i bought on sephoras vib sale and eagerly awaited. i used this the minute i got it and i didnt have any expectations with the grittiness but it really disappears as you put it in your haid. ive tried brands where they dont soap up and that drives me nuts. this immediately soaped up nicely and i didnt feel like i had grittiness in my scalp as i worked it in. my hair felt VERY clean afterwards. and straightened beautifully. recently ive been trying to stay away from lots of products and heat as much as i can so this is very helpful to get rid of the extra build up. i have frizzy, colored, wavy hair as a reference. it smells WONDERFUL and will definitely last a really long time, the tub is huge and you dont need a lot at all! i definitely like this product a lot and will continue to use and recommend!
Taylor D.
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I get dandruff when the weather changes. No idea why, it’s just a thing that happens. So with my color treated hair, head and shoulders was the worst answer for me. It stripped my hair color right out and made it orange!

So I decided I only want natural haircare. That’s how I found this brand and this AMAZING shampoo. It lathers well, smells minty like a Girl Scouts cookie and does a great job at clarifying and scrubbing dead skin off the scalp. However, I recommend using a hair mask after using since it can dry your hair out without it.

Been using for a few weeks now and my hair looks and feels amazing. Use about 2 or 3 times a week, and my dandruff is gone!!!
Alana S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
First off, this product smells absolutely amazing. I was intrigued by the idea of a scrub for your scalp especially since my scalp gets oily and flakey a day after I shampoo. I also have curly hair so I avoid sulphates which is another reason I wanted to try this. The price is high, but if you only use it once every two weeks it will last at least half of year. I’m not sure how purifying or clarifying it is, but my scalp did feel clean afterwards. This hasn’t eliminated my scalp issues but it is nice to use every now and then. Probably won’t repurchase though since I get similar results with a regular clarifying shampoo less than half the price of this.
Lydia S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Let’s start with this product is expensive but totally worth it. I only use this once a week so it lasts a long time. It leaves my scalp feeling clean and my hair clarified. I do wish it lathered a bit more but since it is free of all the harsh chemicals I know why it doesn’t. The little gritty particles wash completely clean and it’s overall a great shampoo.
Laura P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
If you have any kind of scalp condition this is the shampoo for you. I have severe dandruff that leaves my scalp itchy and embarrassing. I have tried every brand of shampoo out there to treat it and nothing works. I bought this Shampo hoping that it would do something. Boy did it ever! My scalp is less itchy and definitely less flaky. I love the way my hair feels and I am no longer embarrassed. Well worth the price!!!
Destini A.
Hazlehurst, GA
Review for: Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro Exfoliating Shampoo
This product is a lifesaver! I have a thyroid disease and one of the symptoms that it causes is dry, itchy skin. Having city water definitely does not help. It dries my scalp out even more. This product gave me some relief after the first use. You don’t even get the micro particles left behind in your hair either.
zahily r.
West Palm Bch, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
I suffer from Seborrheic dermatitis and have been
looking everywhere a product that will help. After my first use I noticed a
huge difference, it detoxifies, exfoliates, and smooths the scalp to help with
any dryness, itchiness, and flakiness. I have finally discovered a product that
not only keeps my scaly scalp at bay, my hair is smoother and shiner too! I
absolutely love the product.
Maria C.
Eugene, OR
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is amazing! It was a bit weird using it for the first time in the shower, as it is quite thick and you feel like you're just making a mess out of your hair, but fear not! Once you wash it, it just makes your hair/head feel so nice. I've been struggling with some dry scalp/itchiness, and I was worried this would make it worse, or even burn when I used it, but it didn't. I wouldn't say this is an everyday product, but definitely once a week, or depending on how much dry shampoo you use.
Camylla L.
Coconut creek , FL
I have a problem, my hair grows super fast but not a lot. I have very little hair at the center of my head and I heard that exfoliating shampoos help clean out your hair pores (I think that's a thing) and it'll help with hair grown. Is that true? And if so,do you recommend this Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo. ?
Alexis M.
I get pretty dry scalp in the wintertime. Does anyone know of any products that work for them in helping dry scalp? Right now I am using Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo like once a week and I’m looking for other suggestions.
Cheri B.
Fraser, MI
Does this dry your hair out ?
Alana S.
How often do you use this? Is it like a clarifying shampoo that should only be used a few times a month?
Alexa M.