Heather T.
Scottsboro, Alabama

I ended up stripping the color out of my hair because I was having to dye it so dark it was almost black and I wanted to be able to be. Chocolate brown again. This was a huge mistake that I am paying for now even tho they used olaplex my hair still felt slimy and was super tangled. So what would be the best product/products to get my hair back on the healthy side?

Sydnee G.
Sydnee G.
Huntington, Indiana
7 months, 1 week ago
Alright girl coconut oil. I know it’s a pain to get out, but you need to put a generous amount in your hair from scalp to ends and put it in a bun overnight or or blow dry a little bit because, your hair is like shingles on a roof, when it’s provided with heat or warmth, they’ll kinda flap open just a little bit and suck the coconut oil right into the core of your hair. In the morning, I put the shampoo in my hair before it’s wet and comb through it with your fingers, massage it into your scalp and make sure it goes all the way to your ends, then get it wet in the shower and it’ll lather and keep massaging it as you rinse. Condition twice, obviously don’t massage it into your scalp but gently smooth it over the top of your hair and work it through the ends. That’s just a tip to getting it out because it can be tricky, but coconut oil provides a great source of nutrients and hydration for your hair. My other product recommendation is SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen Grow & Restore Treatment Masque this has TONS of awesome stuff for your hair and hydrates it right up. It’ll bring the shine back and not only help it grow, but help it look and feel healthier. Read the directions on the side of the tub for a couple different ways to use it. I got mine from Walgreens so you should be able to find it at a drugstore or Walmart or something like that. Use each method once a week and possibly get some leave in treatments for your hair after it is washed liked Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave-In Treatment For Damaged Hair (only 1-2 pumps no matter how thick or long you think your hair is I promise you don’t want to over do it...too much of a good thing becomes a bad thing, and do this 1-2 times a week.) comb through you hair with this product after washing use Matrix Total Results Miracle Creator Multi-Tasking Treatment this one has tons of awesome stuff in it too and has 20 things it’s good for in your hair so I would look those up as well! Hope this helps you out girl good luck!
Irving, TX