Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Green Tea Shampoo uploaded by Candice R.

BY BRIOGEO

What it is:  This award winning sulfate-free clarifying shampoo rids the hair and scalp of product buildup, chlorine and hard water minerals, while protecting against UV and free radical damage.

Who it’s for:  Those with excessive hair buildup looking for a deep cleanse.

What it does:  Effectively cleanses the hair without drying or color-dulling effects. Fortified with powerful green tea antioxidants, it protects the hair and scalp from premature hair aging caused by environmental UV and free-radical damage.

Safe for:  Color treated, keratin treated, chemically-treated, and relaxed hair.
Attributes:  Cruelty-free.  Vegan.  Gluten-free.  Contains organic ingredients.  98% naturally-derived.

Formulated WITHOUT:  Sulfates, parabens, phthalates, silicones, DEA, and synthetic dyes.

Suggested Usage:  Apply to wet hair and vigorously massage for about 30 seconds as the lather builds, then rinse. If your hair has extra buildup, rinse and repeat as necessary.

Precautions:  Avoid contact with eyes. For external use only.

• Has anyone with unnatural colored hair used this? I just went pur...1 Answers
  • Is this a good clarifying shampoo?2 Answers
  • How does this work for oily hair? I have to wash my hair everyday...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Kim M.
I've been switching over from using Alterna and Joico haircare to using silicone and sulfate free options like Briogeo and Living Proof because they are better for your hair health and they also irritate my scalp. I have tried the curl charisma products, the rosarco conditioner, and the volumizing shampoo from the brand so far in addition to this shampoo. I have been using a clarifying shampoo for a few years since moving to a place where the tap water is heavily chlorinated. I am not blonde so I can't see the effects of the water on my hair, but my stylist can, and my hair feels healthier although I can't definitively say it helps. This shampoo smells like a mixture of white tea and baby shampoo. It is very sudsy for a sulfate free shampoo and I have seen people claim this in fact does have sulfates but it does not. I like that it is sudsy because it is easier to make sure your scalp is thoroughly cleaned. I was surprised to find that my hair got oily faster than with other sulfate free shampoos (Living Proof PHD, Briogeo Curl Charisma) because i assumed that as a clarifying shampoo it should get a deeper clean and stay clean longer. I have a sensitive scalp and this shampoo doesn't bother me at all. It does seems to be heavily scented for a Briogeo product, but luckily it doesn't really linger once your hair dries. I will likely not repurchase this shampoo in the future because there are many out there I haven't tested yet and I prefer the Living Proof PHD shampoo to this one. I don't think this is a bad shampoo at all and if you wash every 2-3 days it would be fine, I just usually only was every 5-7 days so I'm going to be sticking to ones that can keep my scalp clean for that long.
Candice R.
I love this just as much as I love their moisturizing shampoo and I use it once a week to get all the dry shampoo out of my hair. It smells really great and it lathers up really nicely, making my hair feel really clean. It seems to be gentle enough to use a couple times a week too. I have noticed a different in my scalp when I use this, I could never figure out why my regular shampoo was still leaving stuff behind even though my hair felt clean. There's something about this that helps break it down and allows you to start with a clean slate. The fact that they don't use any bad products is just the icing on the cake :) Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Green Tea Shampoo
Larkin C.
Longview, TX
After completely damaging my hair using a shampoo full of sulfates, this has been a godsend for my bleached hair. I have very fine hair with an oily scalp but since I've started using this, I've noticed my hair looks fuller and doesn't get as oily anymore. It also smells sooo good!
Jennifer M.
Dickinson, TX
I love Briogeo's Don't Despair! Repair mask so I decided to give this a shot. I have an oily scalp, and even dandruff and can't seem to find something that works. While this smells good and does get out residue, I have to say that I feel like it's just an expensive shampoo. I do think it's a nice treat, and would probably buy it again but this definitely won't be my last stop in my search for that perfect shampoo for my hair.
Terra J.
Xenia , OH
This smells amazing! I was shocked by how shiny and clean my hair looked at felt! I get it through Work, and I’ve bought it many times! It’s definitely worth the money and is great for all hair types.
Logan R.
Bought this because I saw that reviews saying it cleaned their scalp well, prolonged time between washes, and was gentle on the hair. I have dry damaged hair with a scalp that is prone to product build up. This lathers well and made my scalp feel very clean. It didn't hydrate my hair but also didn't dry it out. My husband commented that my hair looked more voluminous so that's a plus in my book. Although it's more expensive you need less than a quarter sized amount because it lathers so well.
Aneasha M.
Surprise, AZ
Finally! A clarifying shampoo that effectively cleanses my hair without drying it out. I could tell just by reading the bottle that this was gonna work for me. It has aloe and green tea in it which is great for cleansing and nourishing. And to top things off it's pretty much all natural (98%)! I would recommend this to anyone who uses hair product or swims as it will clean your hair without stripping it.
Jamie S.
Rock Hill, SC
I absolutely love this shampoo. My favorite smell is green tea and this stuff is strong and lasts in your hair. Also, it repaired a lot of my damaged hair pretty quickly without needed a cut or trim. It definitely moisturizers and helps if you have damaged hair like split ends of color dyed hair that is looking something else.
Chanel F.
This shampoo cleans your hair but its not harsh and it smells amazing! I noticed my hair softer and smooth.
cat w.
Smells delicious and gets all the stuff out of my hair and it makes it feel so soft!
Noemi W.
Is this a good clarifying shampoo?
Amanda C.
Somerville , MA
How does this work for oily hair? I have to wash my hair everyday and it still gets oily by the end of the day- will this shampoo help?
Brianne S.
Warwick, RI
Has anyone with unnatural colored hair used this? I just went purple and am looking for a new sulfate free shampoo