Bridesmaids uploaded by crystal a.

BY PAUL FEIG #40 in Movies

“Gut-bustingly funny. Bridesmaids gets an A!!!” (Owen Gleiberman, Entertainment Weekly) From the producer of Superbad, Knocked Up and The 40-Year-Old Virgin comes the breakout comedy critics are calling “brazenly hysterical!” (Alynda Wheat, People) Thirty-something Annie (Kristen Wiig) has hit a rough patch but finds her life turned completely upside down when she takes on the Maid of Honor role in her best friend Lillian’s (Maya Rudolph) wedding. In way over her head but determined to succeed, Annie leads a hilarious hodgepodge of bridesmaids (Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Ellie Kemper) on a wild ride down the road to the big event.

• Does anyone else think this is Kristen Wiig's best performance?2 Answers
  • Is this not the funniest movie? 5 Answers
  • If they made a sequel which of the girls would u want to be getting...2 Answers
Buy on iTunes*
  • "Wasn't a fan the first time I saw it (peak popularity - it was over hyped), however, I've seen it 3-4 times since and I like it more and more every time." in 16 reviews
  • "Honestly one of my favorite movies I've seen I think it's honestly hilarious Melissa McCarthy is funny as hell and Kristen wig I mean honestly she's on Saturday Night Live so you can only imagine how funny she is!" in 16 reviews
  • "At first, I was hesitant to go see this because I thought that it was going to be another typical chick flick (I'm not a fan) with the few only funny parts in the trailer, but I decided to give it a shot." in 15 reviews
  • "It makes me laugh out loud no matter how many times I watch it, which is an amazing feat because there aren't many movies that can do that." in 13 reviews
  • "One of the funniest movies I've watched in a long time and will watch over and over again!" in 10 reviews
Brooke A.
Brooke A.
MCKINNEY, TX
Finally, I've seen something that stars Kristen Wiig and wasn't a complete disappointment.

I loved her on "Saturday Night Live" and I'm always amazed at how talented she is. In BRIDESMAIDS, she not only stars but also shares writing credit...which is another reason I enjoyed this movie so much:

Only a woman would have written this.

As crude as BRIDESMAIDS sometimes is, rivaling male-oriented gross-out comedies like THE HANGOVER and such, this is still a story that only a woman would write. My case in point: the scene where Kristen feels the need to keep snatching the microphone from best friend Maya Rudolph's rich soon-to-be sister-in-law. The need to assert just how much these girls love and respect and care about Maya...only a woman would have written that. Guys wouldn't understand how much that means to a woman. Male writers would've just come up with schtick to embarass the girls.

So BRIDESMAIDS ends up being a fairly interesting insight into women and how they think.

It's also really funny!
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
I recommended this movie to my parents and they absolutely hated it... Guess it's not everyone's sense of humor! But I'm a huge fan of Kristen and Maya from their SNL days so I thought they were great in this movie. I used to watch it when it first came out on HBO and they played it literally every single day. It's one of those movies that never gets old for me. People have said it's a female "The Hangover" and while I enjoyed that movie too, I think this movie is a lot better. The bridal shop scene is a little extreme but still manages to be funny. I can't say that this movie is everyone's cup of tea, but I found it to be endearing and hilarious at the same time.
Allie G.
Allie G.
Louisville, KY
Favorite comedy to come out thus far. Kristen Wiig is ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS. The cast is seriously perfect, and it's the funniest chick flick out there! Kristen's character hits a rough patch in her life, she hooks up with this jerk who makes her feel like crap about herself, and struggles when she finds a guy who actually likes her (she doesn't know how to handle it). She's also a bridesmaid in her best friends wedding but feels less than because another bridesmaid is rich and goes all out (which she can't). There's tons of twists and hilarious things that happen. I watch this movie ALL THE TIME.
Lauline G.
Lauline G.
Pop Culture Expert
I'll admit, the first time I saw this movie I was not a fan at all. But I watched it a second time, which turned into 100 more times. Whenever it's on, I watch it. There are so many laugh-out-loud moments from the movie that I find myself in my everyday life quoting the movie. Especially when I'm on a plane, its mandatory to just say the dialogue that Kristin Wiig gave. It's hysterical and a riot; I love this movie!
CC K.
CC K.
Westbury, NY
I've seen this movie three times and I've enjoyed it more each time I watched it. I honestly can't decide which I loved better the scene in the Bridal Shop or on The Plane with Melissa McCarthy. (I don't want to give away too much). This is laugh out loud, piss your pants FUNNY! Great cast, well-written script, well-edited.
Santana A.
Santana A.
Burnsville, MS
So many comedic actresses and actors (Melissa McCarthy and Ben Falcone, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Rebel Wilson, Wendi Mclendon, and my absolute favorite Kristen Wiig). The best scene is with Kristen on the airplane, it's a must watch. And Carnie Wilson.. just wow. Haha they couldn't of made this movie any better!
Andrea B.
Andrea B.
Thomasville, AL
Pop Culture Expert
I love Bridesmaids. I enjoy any movie with Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy in it. This is a movie that I watch over and over again. And I almost forgot about Maya Rudolph. She is so funny as well. I like to watch other movies that she is in. I think my favorite is McCarthy. She is the best. They all are really.
Katheryn H.
Katheryn H.
Casnovia, MI
Pop Culture Expert
This movie was HILARIOUSLY FUNNY!! I loved this movie, and its one of those movies that never gets old and you can watch over and over again a million times. My favorite scene is when they all went to try on dresses and they all had the runs after eating. It was so funny. Melissa Mccarthy is great in every movie!
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Minneapolis, MN
Pop Culture Expert
One of my favorite comedies! I loved being able to watch a female-led cast that still had the same jokes you'd get in most other comedy films. Never fails to make me laugh. I think my favorite part is when they're on the plane to Vegas, but there's so many great moments throughout the entire film.
Lisa R.
Lisa R.
Heathsville, VA
Pop Culture Expert
Four stars instead of five only because there were a few too many moments that were just plain awkward and uncomfortable for the sake of being so, not for being funny. But overall this was a hilarious movie. And as with many things in life, there were plenty of grains of truth in there as well.
Amber K.
Amber K.
Amarillo, TX
Who has seen this movie and loves it?
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
North Canton, OH
Pop Culture Expert
Favorite quote from the movie?
Alyssa M.
Alyssa M.
I've heard they are making a sequel, does anyone know if this is true?
Patricia K.
Patricia K.
Who doesn't love bridesmaids?
Amanda G.
Amanda G.
Pasadena, TX
Pop Culture Expert
Who doesn't love this movie?