by Breaking Bad
Ask a Question
Sybil Y.
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA

Do you think Walt has become a fundamentally bad person?
Gabriela S.
Gabriela S.
May 19, 2014, 1:03 p.m.
When he's in his Heisenberg persona he is a bad person.
Jennifer W.
Jennifer W.
Feb. 8, 2014, 1:48 p.m.
I think he definitely has. I've always loved the contrast between Walt and Jesse's characters. Jesse is the one who society would typically consider to be a bad person. He deals drugs and is viewed in some ways as a leech of society. Jesse, however, shows excellent moral character. He sees the importance of a life and hopes to avoid any harm coming to other people. Walt is the one who society typically views positively. He is a high school teacher and father of two. Walt, however, seems to kill needlessly and without the slightest hesitation. There were two moments that truly proved that Walt had lost all morality. SPOILER: The first was when Walt shot Mike out of pure anger and then proceeded to hide it. It was an unnecessary, pointless death that could have been avoided. The second was when Walt not only revealed Jesse's hiding place to the neo-nazi crew after Hank's death, but then proceeded to rub Jane's death into Jesse's face. That was pure cruelty. Walt may not have started as a bad person, but in the end there was virtually no good left in him.
Leah N.
Leah N.
Oct. 2, 2013, 6:21 p.m.
I think the true Walt became trapped underneath the greedy ego-maniac that is Heisenberg. So no, Walt isn't fundamentally bad. Heisenberg is.
April H.
April H.
Aug. 2, 2013, 11:25 a.m.
No I don't think walter a bad person. He thought out side of the normal box. Yes making and distributing meth is bad but he saw a way he can provide for his family. Remember people the series is in our time. the economy if f**Ked up.
Katy B.
Katy B.
June 1, 2013, 4:29 p.m.
He has definitely changed. He was in it in the beginning to provide support for his family, now I believe he is in too deep and now it is effecting his personality. I do believe on the outside he has become bad. On the flip side I believe, like I said he is in too deep, he is frightened.
Tyesha P.
Tyesha P.
May 15, 2013, 6:08 p.m.
I think he'll eventually break away from the bad in him. corny pun couldn't help it lol.
Nancy M.
Nancy M.
Feb. 27, 2013, 9:48 p.m.
Except for faint glimpses every so often, I think Walter White no longer exists; Heisenberg is in control now.
Jasmine H.
Jasmine H.
Feb. 4, 2013, 9:54 p.m.
No, things happen when you are trying to make things work. Some people choose bad things but I don't think the show shows him in the light of a fundamentally bad person
Krystal K.
Krystal K.
Jan. 19, 2013, 9:44 p.m.
Yes. He is caught up in his ego and doesn't care about anyone else but himself. He will do whatever it takes to continue making money, and having power, that he will compromise the very people he loves in order to do so. There is nothing good about Walt.
Samantha D.
Samantha D.
Jan. 3, 2013, 4:46 a.m.
Yes. Quite some time ago. I was so upset when he shot Mike. For no reason. Asshole
Dawn S.
Dawn S.
Nov. 11, 2012, 10:33 a.m.
Yes, since he poisoned Brock he hasn't been the same.
Nicole Q.
Nicole Q.
Nov. 3, 2012, 10:41 p.m.
Yes! Theirs no doubt that his morals have changed... In the beginning I was more understanding, but as he continued that lifestyle, it took over him.
Katherine S.
Katherine S.
Oct. 26, 2012, 9:55 p.m.
I don't know! The last season I watched left me wondering if he posioned Jessie's girlfriends son so.....I'm out of the loop!
Teddi H.
Teddi H.
Oct. 21, 2012, 10:42 p.m.
At the core of all of his decisions is that he has to protect his family, but he's totally gone off the reservation in his methods. He's becoming "bad".
Travis H.
Travis H.
Oct. 17, 2012, 12:23 p.m.
Yes and no. At times you can see he is trying to do the right thing or make a decision for the right reason, but most of the time his actions get corrupted by ego or greed.
Tiffany K.
Tiffany K.
Oct. 14, 2012, 11:46 a.m.
Yes, I don't think there is any question about it. There has been a downward spiral in his morality since the beginning of the show. I love watching it but Walt's not a good person.
Lucy E.
Lucy E.
Oct. 12, 2012, 9:56 p.m.
I don't think he is fundamentally bad, but I believe that his ability to choose between right and wrong has been compromised. He has to make choices based on his life now and sometimes that includes having to make bad choices, and having to choose what he knows is wrong.

Join Now