BY BRAUN #2 in Thermometers

When someone you love is under the weather, you need acuracy, not approximately. The Braun® ThermoScan® 5 thermometer provides accurate and gentle readings in just seconds. The pre-warmed tip and unique positioning system ensure precise measurements every time. Braun's clinically proven technology gives you confidence and peace of mind when you need it most. It's perfect for the whole family.

Learn more about Braun

Braun® ThermoScan® 5 thermometer
  • "Prior to this, I had used the forehead thermometer and was not too happy with the results because my toddler does not like to sit still and my husband is not that great at scanning it." in 8 reviews
  • "It is really quick and for squirmy kids who refuse to hold still long enough for under the arm or trying to keep the temporal one against their head to get an accurate reading." in 8 reviews
  • "Being sick they wouldn't want to sit still long enough for me to get their temperature under the arm." in 3 reviews
Becky F.
Fuquay Varina, NC
We love this thermometer at our house! Our squirmy little one won't hold still for any other kind of temperature taking. It's accurate (we've tested several times right before visiting the doctor to compare), easy, and painless for all parties involved! I'll never use another thermometer again.
heather s.
Sterling Hts, MI
Mega Parent Expert
Easy to use ear thermometer. It's done in second and your kid doesn't even notice it. Works great for all ages
Dominique M.
My 8 month old daughter recently just got sick and we didn't have a thermometer that didn't make us second guess whether or not she had a fever or how high her fever was. My mom purchased this for us so we didn't have to worry and honestly it's not the worst. My only complaint is when my daughter was playing with it and some how changed it to Celsius from Fahrenheit. We have yet to figure that out but luckily they have the internet so I'm able to look for a Celsius to Fahrenheit table. It's not a bad product as it does inform us very fast of her temperature
Taniya P.
Mega Parent Expert
This thermoscan is very convenient for little children and baby (that's old enough for this to be accurate). It's very hard for little ones to stay still for traditional thermometer so this little device save a lot of pain and frustration.
Michelle H.
I received this product compliments of Influenster and I was beyond excited. I was about to drop some money on the same product weeks earlier, but I was hesitate to spend the money not knowing if it worked well or not. Prior to this, I had used the forehead thermometer and was not too happy with the results because my toddler does not like to sit still and my husband is not that great at scanning it. That being said, I was excited at the Braun ThermoScan 5's arrival. My toddler actually sat still while I placed the tip of the scanner in her ear. I was amazed! It was very quick. I took three different measurements to average them out and they were in line with each other. I will say that it made a difference when I placed the scanner in her ear deeper. That seemed to work the best. I love that you can switch out the covers and toss them afterwards. I was very impressed and love the design. When you need a quick and accurate measurement, this is your best bet!
Heather B.
Lakeland, FL
I received this product in the #BraunTherms Voxbox. I have two little ones three and under and i have to say before when they were sick it was such a stressful task for the both of us to get a accurate reading. Being sick they wouldn't want to sit still long enough for me to get their temperature under the arm. I decided to use another brand in the ear but it was difficult to use and i didn't trust it. Now since i used Braun it is now my go to thermometer. I was able to get my little ones to sit still to get a reading in under a minute which was amazing. I like the case it comes with to store it in and its the perfect size to fit in my hand. I like the light and beep when you receive to know your getting an accurate reading. Extremely easy to use. I would recommend every mom to have.
#BraunTherms
Jessica D.
Hailey , ID
I currently don't have one but have used a friends in the past. What a great product!!! My kids hate sitting still so under the arm temperature checking just doesn't work for us. Trying out my friends made me realize what a breeze this item is and that I need to get one stat!!!
Jessica E.
Claremont, NC
I am so glad I invested in this. this thermometer is so easy to use and feels very well made. it came with protective covers to keep the tip clean and working correctly. it beeps to let you know when its done and takes temp fast. awesome product especially if you have babies!
Susan A.
Milwaukee , WI
Mega Parent Expert
This is really easy for anybody that has kids that don't like to put the monitors in their mouth you just put it in your ear and tells you you're dumb picture very accurate
Julia L.
Shippensburg, PA
I've used Braun products for years, and I've been looking for a new ear thermometer. I like how incredibly accurate this Braun thermometer is compared to the the previous brand I was using. It is also a great size and easy to store. It comes with a nice plastic carrying case that it securely snaps into, twenty disposable ear tips, instructions and batteries. It takes two AA batteries. The thermometer has a 60 second auto power off feature and it lets you know if it isn't properly placed in the ear. This is super easy to use. You put the disposable ear tip on the end, power on, put in ear and hit the button. Takes about a second for the temperature to show. Great thermometer!!
Kayla H.
Was going to buy one but was kind of iffy????? is it worth the money???
Jeanette C.
East Hartford, CT
Does it really works better than any other?
Is it accurate? I have less than a month old baby! Looking for my 1st&last baby thermometer ! If there is anything better than this?
Jessica P.
Elizabeth, NJ
Where can i buy the little ear linens?
Brittany G.
Would it be good idea to change the ear liners every time or is it safe to use the same one a few times?