BY BRAUN #1 in Thermometers

When someone you love is under the weather, you need acuracy, not approximately. The Braun® ThermoScan® 5 thermometer provides accurate and gentle readings in just seconds. The pre-warmed tip and unique positioning system ensure precise measurements every time. Braun's clinically proven technology gives you confidence and peace of mind when you need it most. It's perfect for the whole family.

Learn more about Braun

Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer

Start your review of Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "It is really quick and for squirmy kids who refuse to hold still long enough for under the arm or trying to keep the temporal one against their head to get an accurate reading." in 8 reviews
  • "Prior to this, I had used the forehead thermometer and was not too happy with the results because my toddler does not like to sit still and my husband is not that great at scanning it." in 8 reviews
  • "Being sick they wouldn't want to sit still long enough for me to get their temperature under the arm." in 3 reviews
Destiny B.
Homedale
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I LOVE this thermometer. It is so easy to use and my kids dont fight me when I need to take their temperature anymore. I have tried ALL of them... The "under the armpit", "under the tongue", and "across the forehead". They have either been inaccurate or my kids scream. I keep this one with me in my medical bag at all times now.
Julie F.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Its always given me a pretty accurate reading. It is quick wich is fantastic when your trying to hold a sick and flopping tantruming kid still enough long enough to get a temp. I like that it has covers that are disposable and that they are stored in the holder with the thermometer itself
Trisha B.
Stover
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
We started with the ear scanner before moving to the four head it’s very comfortable and my entire family is here And quick accurate readings.
Mariah C.
Niagara Falls
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This is my absolute favorite thermometer I’ve ever boughten. It can be used for children and adults. It is expensive but worth every penny. It completely met my expectations and is always accurate. I highly recommend this product!
Maria P.
Just in love with this product. Very easy to use. Baby like it very much and all ready check the temperature by her self, its like a play. Definitely will recommend this product to others parents.
Kayla L.
Albany, GA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Very easy and convenient for young children. Super fast readings and quiet. Definitely worth the money.
Miranda C.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I like the ear covers for this product. It keeps it nice and sanitary for us. It’s quick to use and gives a pretty accurate temp read. They only thing I don’t like is the covers are REALLY HARD TO FIND. I have to order them off amazon cause they don’t sell them in store... even though I bought this product in the store.....
Ashley E.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I was thrilled about this until my daughter had an ouchie in her ear aka "an ear infection" It was a little pricey in my opinion, but it still does its job effectively. It does have the little protectors that go in it, which it will not work if you dont have them on it. We ran out and it wouldn't work without them.
Amanda S.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Fast and effective!  We graduated to this thermometer once our little boy was a toddler and I haven't regretted purchasing it at all!  I read some bad reviews about the forehead thermometers give false readings and not reading accurately so I stayed away from those all together.  For the price and the ease of use, the Bruan ThermoScan 5 Ear Thermometer cannot be beat!
Janet S.
Gravenhurst
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Quick and fast which is what you need especially with a toddler. It's been my must have device since my son was born.
Kayla H.
Was going to buy one but was kind of iffy????? is it worth the money???
Jeanette C.
East Hartford, CT
Does it really works better than any other?
Is it accurate? I have less than a month old baby! Looking for my 1st&last baby thermometer ! If there is anything better than this?
Brittany G.
Cannon Falls, MN
Would it be good idea to change the ear liners every time or is it safe to use the same one a few times?

Target