BY BRAUN #1 in Thermometers

When someone you love is under the weather, you need acuracy, not approximately. The Braun® ThermoScan® 5 thermometer provides accurate and gentle readings in just seconds. The pre-warmed tip and unique positioning system ensure precise measurements every time. Braun's clinically proven technology gives you confidence and peace of mind when you need it most. It's perfect for the whole family.

Learn more about Braun

Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer

Start your review of Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "It is really quick and for squirmy kids who refuse to hold still long enough for under the arm or trying to keep the temporal one against their head to get an accurate reading." in 8 reviews
  • "Prior to this, I had used the forehead thermometer and was not too happy with the results because my toddler does not like to sit still and my husband is not that great at scanning it." in 8 reviews
  • "Being sick they wouldn't want to sit still long enough for me to get their temperature under the arm." in 3 reviews
Mary M.
Mega Parent Expert Level 5
I returned this thermometer because it had very wrong readings. It also cost $30+ so I didn’t feel bad taking it back
Jenna M.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Can’t get an accurate read for some reason. It may work for others but doesn’t work for us, unfortunately.
Brittany S.
Carsonville, MI
Not accurate! It is all over the place. Wouldn’t recommend. Affordable but not worth the money you spend because it doesn’t work
Elizabeth D.
Plainfield, NJ
I'm not very happy with this thermometer. I have never gotten a correct temperature reading
Edgar L.
Corona, NY
This ear Thermometer is so workful and great! I get to take my baby tempperture so fast with this.
Amanda N.
Jackson, NJ
I hate this thermometer because it NEVER reads accurately. I've read the directions a million times, and I also called the company. It is always off about 2 degrees. It's convenient for a fussy baby, but when you need an accurate reading this is horrible. Save your money and don't buy it!
Taylor F.
Kitchener, ON
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I don’t find this thermometer is accurate at all. I take my sons or even my own temp a handful of times and get a different reading each time. I ended up purchasing an old school under the tongue thermometer instead because it was less expensive and more accurate.
Vivian T.
Austin
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
When it is effective, extremely useful. Compared to the anal thermometer, according to our doctor’s office this is the most effective thermometer, it is extremely accurately however it gives me the POS error message SO often which is very annoying. Even when I change positions, it is just a very finicky thermometer. Especially with a moving baby.
Kelsey L.
Boyce
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I swear this thing has a mind of its own. In one ear it will say 99.5 and then in the other it was 100.7, replaced batteries and everything.
Laci L.
I bought this for my infant daughter because it claimed to have a fast read out. I have found the temperature read to be inaccurate on multiple occasions. I can check her temperature back to back 5 times in a row and get a low read and then a super high read. It tells you to go with the highest read out but I just didn't feel like it was a great product. I wouldn't recommend this thermometer.
Kayla H.
Was going to buy one but was kind of iffy????? is it worth the money???
Jeanette C.
East Hartford, CT
Does it really works better than any other?
Is it accurate? I have less than a month old baby! Looking for my 1st&last baby thermometer ! If there is anything better than this?
Brittany G.
Cannon Falls, MN
Would it be good idea to change the ear liners every time or is it safe to use the same one a few times?

Target