BY BRAUN #1 in Thermometers

When someone you love is under the weather, you need acuracy, not approximately. The Braun® ThermoScan® 5 thermometer provides accurate and gentle readings in just seconds. The pre-warmed tip and unique positioning system ensure precise measurements every time. Braun's clinically proven technology gives you confidence and peace of mind when you need it most. It's perfect for the whole family.

Learn more about Braun

Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer

Start your review of Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "It is really quick and for squirmy kids who refuse to hold still long enough for under the arm or trying to keep the temporal one against their head to get an accurate reading." in 8 reviews
  • "Prior to this, I had used the forehead thermometer and was not too happy with the results because my toddler does not like to sit still and my husband is not that great at scanning it." in 8 reviews
  • "Being sick they wouldn't want to sit still long enough for me to get their temperature under the arm." in 3 reviews
Becky F.
Fuquay Varina, NC
We love this thermometer at our house! Our squirmy little one won't hold still for any other kind of temperature taking. It's accurate (we've tested several times right before visiting the doctor to compare), easy, and painless for all parties involved! I'll never use another thermometer again.
April D.
Decatur, AL
The thermometers are the best. They are easy to use and give an actuarte temperature. They are a little on the pricy side but they qualify for flexible spending if you have an account like that availible to you. I would recommend this product as it is nessacary for the care of childern and can also be used for adults.
Megan G.
Jacksonville, FL
Influenster sent me this product and let me just say that I love it! Both of my kids (boy-7 and girl -2) are under the weather from allergies and tend to run fevers and the Braun ThermoScan 5 came in handy when I needed to check their temperatures. My baby girl hates getting her temperature taken under her arm but with this she actually came to me without a fight and allowed me to check her out! This is definitely a must have for all moms!!!
Catherine Y.
N Las Vegas, NV
I received this product, compliments of Influenster, and I am totally in love. The simplicity of the device, the case which holds both the thermometer AND the covers, and the shape of the thermometer are awesome. It was also perfect timing - second week of school and of course my littles are sick! It gives an accurate and fast reading. I also love that the ear piece doesn't have to go very far into the ear to get a reading. Totally in love!
Adriane E.
La Porte, TX
I still can't believe I get to keep such a fabulously useful product. Our daughter is frequently ill due to daycare and taking her temperature had become a struggle. It was requiring two adults to keep her still long enough to get a reading. She thinks our new thermometer is just great! I love that it is sanitary with the plastic tips that can be shed into the garbage-- just like at the pediatrician's office! And it can be wall-mounted, which will make it easier to keep tiny hands off the new thermometer! I love it. #brauntherms #gotitfree #inflenster #voxbox
Holly P.
Honolulu , HI
The braun forehead thermometer is a great thermometer. Other ear thermometers I have owned in the past haven't been accurate, which is a hassle when dealing with a sick child. I love that this thermometer came with 20 replacement lens filters. I tried it on both of my children, and the thermometer was able to get their temperatures quickly and accurately! The only really negative is the case that comes with it. It just rest onto the case, which leaves the top of the thermometer exposed, instead of having a case that protects the thermometer well.
Emily P.
LEWIS CENTER, OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
We bought this thermometer for our family after reading so many great reviews. Unfortunately, we can't seem to get an accurate reading. We'll get a 98 from one ear and a 100 from the other ear. We've also had to buy refills of the covers multiple times already which isn't very cost effective. The best part of this thermometer is that it gives a super fast reading which is great for squirmy kids!
Laci L.
I bought this for my infant daughter because it claimed to have a fast read out. I have found the temperature read to be inaccurate on multiple occasions. I can check her temperature back to back 5 times in a row and get a low read and then a super high read. It tells you to go with the highest read out but I just didn't feel like it was a great product. I wouldn't recommend this thermometer.
Melanie B.
Acushnet, MA
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
The only con was the price its very high but its a must have. When your child is sick you want fast and accurate this is the way to go. i found it my local toys r us i used a coupon and points so it wasn't to expensive but normally it would be. i highly recommend it to others.
Wendi B.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I recently purchased this for my household. So far so good! From 3yro-35yr old we all love it. Fast and easy. I also like how it has regular batteries! The older model had the small round batteries. I haven't used a regular mercury thermometer in years, never want to again either! I don't trust the forehead patches either. It does seem a little flimsy for the price tho, and not a fan of these covers.
Kayla H.
Was going to buy one but was kind of iffy????? is it worth the money???
Jeanette C.
East Hartford, CT
Does it really works better than any other?
Is it accurate? I have less than a month old baby! Looking for my 1st&last baby thermometer ! If there is anything better than this?
Brittany G.
Cannon Falls, MN
Would it be good idea to change the ear liners every time or is it safe to use the same one a few times?

Target