BY BRAUN #1 in Thermometers

When someone you love is under the weather, you need acuracy, not approximately. The Braun® ThermoScan® 5 thermometer provides accurate and gentle readings in just seconds. The pre-warmed tip and unique positioning system ensure precise measurements every time. Braun's clinically proven technology gives you confidence and peace of mind when you need it most. It's perfect for the whole family.

Learn more about Braun

Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer

Start your review of Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "It is really quick and for squirmy kids who refuse to hold still long enough for under the arm or trying to keep the temporal one against their head to get an accurate reading." in 8 reviews
  • "Prior to this, I had used the forehead thermometer and was not too happy with the results because my toddler does not like to sit still and my husband is not that great at scanning it." in 8 reviews
  • "Being sick they wouldn't want to sit still long enough for me to get their temperature under the arm." in 3 reviews
Julia L.
Shippensburg, PA
I've used Braun products for years, and I've been looking for a new ear thermometer. I like how incredibly accurate this Braun thermometer is compared to the the previous brand I was using. It is also a great size and easy to store. It comes with a nice plastic carrying case that it securely snaps into, twenty disposable ear tips, instructions and batteries. It takes two AA batteries. The thermometer has a 60 second auto power off feature and it lets you know if it isn't properly placed in the ear. This is super easy to use. You put the disposable ear tip on the end, power on, put in ear and hit the button. Takes about a second for the temperature to show. Great thermometer!!
Shivangi K.
Los Angeles, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Absolutely worth the price. It makes a parents life so easy when it comes to taking the temperature of a baby. Super easy to use, convenient and baby friendly. Love it.
Max Y.
I've used this thermometer for a couple of months now and I really enjoy it! My child suffers from feveral seizures so knowing what his exact temp. is is really helpful. I love the fact that you can change the reading to celsius because my parents are from china so they can read the temp. easily. I also like the fact that the ear caps are disposable so it remains very sanitary for the rest of my family. I've dropped it once and it hasn't broken. *knock on wood* The only complaint that I have is that the screen doesn't light up. Sometimes that can be a struggle when your child is sleeping and it is nighttime. Other than that, I love this thermometer!
Tara R.
Denver, CO
Influenster sent this product for me to test! I have a baby and a kid who just started kindergarten, so fevers are a common occurrence in my house. What I loved most about the Braun Thermoscan 5 ear thermometer is how comfortable and quick it is to get a reading! My baby becomes super squirmy as soon as you try to put anything near her ears, but I was able to get an accurate reading with each attempt! My big kid thought it was so cool to hear the beep and then read his temperature! This thermometer comes with two batteries, 21 disposable lenses, a sturdy protective case so that your investment is ready for use and set to last awhile!
Amanda G.
Bridgeport, WV
I received this free from Influenster for testing purposes and I have to say I'm so excited to try it. This ear thermometer is AMAZING!!! my son actually sits still for me to check his temp. where as normally I check with under the arm and he wiggles around and you can never really get an accurate result. I put it in his ear, and bing it already had his temp. pretty amazing!!! I wish I would of bought one sooner, but and so thankful to Influenster to have sent it out in one of their VoxBoxs. If you've been going back and forth about getting one, I would strongly recommend this amazing product!! A+++++++++
Cindy M.
Homestead, FL
For the most part I love how convenient it is. The temperature it reads is usually higher for me then other thermometers that are placed under the arm or in the mouth. I do both either way and decide then what I do. The replacement covers are a little expensive and I actually had to purchase a 2nd one because my first one broke fairly easy. The button which you press down to take the temperature would get stuck. I would have to undo the whole unit to fix it. But overall I purchased the 2nd unit because compared to everything else in the market its the most convenient and somewhat accurate.
Michelle S.
I received this through Influenster and have been very pleased. It's important to note that you have to make sure you position it properly in order to get a good reading. This sometimes means pulling the child's ear gently to straighten out the canal. My daughter was quite ill and this thermometer was the only one I could use that didn't bother her. It's super quick and didn't require much effort from my 3 year old. I think we all know how big a pain it can be to get a little one to sit still for an under the arm temp. reading! I highly recommend this product.
Sarita H.
Mountain View, CA
I received this complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. I unfortunately could not review this sooner due to moving and they packed it while moving. Now that I've had it for almost a month, its come in handy for when I feel like my daughter feels a little warm. It reads very quickly, which is so nice!!! I've always used the traditional ones and I would do it under her armpits, she would always move and be impatience so its so nice how quick it is. I was originally going to purchase something like this, so I am happy I had a chance to try it out.
Chrissy P.
Indiana, PA
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
Hands down the BEST thermometer I've used with my family. I used it on 3 family members today and we each had our own precise reading. One was 98.9, 99.1 and 98.7. You simply place a protective covering over the tip, place it comfortably in the ear, press the button and your temperature is read in what seems like a second. I am very happy to have this product in our home for future needed use. It comes with 50 protective, disposable covers to start with as well. I love it. Thanks #BraunTherm and www.influenster.com
Erica S.
1,621 reviews
Mega Parent Expert Level 5
Braun is the only thermometer brand I'll use. We have this one and their temporal (forehead) one. Both work amazingly. It is very precise and I love how temperatures are color coded.. if your child has a severe temp it's red, if it's a lower temp it's green color, if no temp blue (don't quote me on which color means what though, I forget exacts). It also saves a bunch of the previous temps
Kayla H.
Was going to buy one but was kind of iffy????? is it worth the money???
Jeanette C.
East Hartford, CT
Does it really works better than any other?
Is it accurate? I have less than a month old baby! Looking for my 1st&last baby thermometer ! If there is anything better than this?
Brittany G.
Cannon Falls, MN
Would it be good idea to change the ear liners every time or is it safe to use the same one a few times?

Target