BY BRAUN #1 in Thermometers

When someone you love is under the weather, you need acuracy, not approximately. The Braun® ThermoScan® 5 thermometer provides accurate and gentle readings in just seconds. The pre-warmed tip and unique positioning system ensure precise measurements every time. Braun's clinically proven technology gives you confidence and peace of mind when you need it most. It's perfect for the whole family.

Learn more about Braun

Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer

Start your review of Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "It is really quick and for squirmy kids who refuse to hold still long enough for under the arm or trying to keep the temporal one against their head to get an accurate reading." in 8 reviews
  • "Prior to this, I had used the forehead thermometer and was not too happy with the results because my toddler does not like to sit still and my husband is not that great at scanning it." in 8 reviews
  • "Being sick they wouldn't want to sit still long enough for me to get their temperature under the arm." in 3 reviews
Stefanie L.
Iowa
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I love my braun thermometers. The ear one is very accurate quick and easy to use. I love that it can not be used without the little plastic covers. It prevents the spread of germs from person to person. I've had it over 3 years and its still going strong!
Rosetta C.
Cleburne , TX
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I love this thermometer. It’s super easy to use. Just turn it on press the button and you get a temperature within seconds. I’d definitely recommend this to parents with infants and toddlers. It’s always nice to get a quick read.
Mary M.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This is the best ear thermometer I ever purchased. It very easy to use and replace the ear caps it comes with. It takes very accurate body temperature from their ears
Aiyana T.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This thermometer has been the best purchase I’ve ever made! 2 years later and it still is 100% accurate and easy and just all around amazing. I highly recommend!!
Christi C.
Norristown, PA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
A good thermometer to have...I purchased this before the no touch and I always liked it and felt it was also accurate. Just not as easy and quick as the no touch
Socheata R.
Long Beach, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I recently purchased this from babies r us for $55 bucks. It's a replacement for my other Braun thermometer. I bought this for my 2nd child that I am expecting. Tested on my son and it worked like a charm. It's even better than the first one I bought. Really easy to use and accurate. It comes with some lids for the lens. I would recommend this product.
Saralyn P.
Leesburg, GA
This was the easiest thermometer that I have used so far! It was super quick at reading the temperature as well. I do feel that it could be a little pricey for those families that may be on tight budgets, however I feel that it is worth it. I was completely satisfied with this product. The only thing I had a hard time with was my daughter not really liking anything in her ear due to previous medical issues.
Nasharia B.
Estill Spgs, TN
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
Purchased at: Walmart
Love this thermometer! I've used this one for 3 kids and It never falls me! It doesn't bother my kids. It's pretty easy to use and self explanatory. It has a memory on it so you can see what the last temp taken was. If it ever broke I'd replace it with the exact same one Lol.
Taniya P.
Wilton, CT
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This thermoscan is very convenient for little children and baby (that's old enough for this to be accurate). It's very hard for little ones to stay still for traditional thermometer so this little device save a lot of pain and frustration.
deborah g.
Memphis, TN
Since my daughter was born 11 years ago I have gone through two of these and I have bought my third one it is the only thermometer I would like around and it is well worth paying for more than once if you need to get another one great Dependable product also gives you peace of mind
Kayla H.
Was going to buy one but was kind of iffy????? is it worth the money???
Jeanette C.
East Hartford, CT
Does it really works better than any other?
Is it accurate? I have less than a month old baby! Looking for my 1st&last baby thermometer ! If there is anything better than this?
Brittany G.
Cannon Falls, MN
Would it be good idea to change the ear liners every time or is it safe to use the same one a few times?

Target