BY BRAUN #1 in Thermometers

When someone you love is under the weather, you need acuracy, not approximately. The Braun® ThermoScan® 5 thermometer provides accurate and gentle readings in just seconds. The pre-warmed tip and unique positioning system ensure precise measurements every time. Braun's clinically proven technology gives you confidence and peace of mind when you need it most. It's perfect for the whole family.

Learn more about Braun

Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer

Start your review of Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "It is really quick and for squirmy kids who refuse to hold still long enough for under the arm or trying to keep the temporal one against their head to get an accurate reading." in 8 reviews
  • "Prior to this, I had used the forehead thermometer and was not too happy with the results because my toddler does not like to sit still and my husband is not that great at scanning it." in 8 reviews
  • "Being sick they wouldn't want to sit still long enough for me to get their temperature under the arm." in 3 reviews
Erica J.
Plymouth Mtng, PA
Purchased at: Amazon
I bought this for use ar work. I'm a veterinarian and we had been taking rectal temperatures on every dog and cat. Most of them resented this. I had tried ear thermometers before and I found them to be an accurate so I was reluctant to switch. Then one of my new associate doctors got herself one of these and it seemed to be pretty accurate to the rectal temperature. So I bought one for myself as well. I absolutely love this. This one specifically does not make you distinguish between infant toddler or adult. There's just two buttons which makes it super easy to use. I also got a deal on a bundle of replaceable covers on Amazon. I would absolutely recommend this for use with dogs and cats. It's probably good for people as well.
Jenny V.
Los Angeles , CA
ets Start out by saying we LOVE Braun in our family! We got this as a voxbox to review and coming into cold season I was excited to test it out.

Pros:
The thermometer turns on extremely quick and is ready to go much quicker than our older Braun.
Its EXTREMELY easy to use and guides you when needed. So if you are too far away from the forehead to do the no touch it displays a FWD sign until you get close enough.
The color screen along with easy to ready numbers are perfect. Its much like a stop light in the colors. Green means normal/good, yellow is slightly high and red means high.
It doesn't take long to read the temp whether its the no touch or when putting it to forehead so that means for those with young kids its extremely quick and isn't a hassle.

Cons
Really the biggest con for me is I noticed that the no touch part is more inaccurate compared to the touch to the forehead. I did a test with my old Braun in the ear thermometer that I've used for years and the forehead touch and my old one were very close in degrees (maybe slightly off by .02-.04 degrees). the no touch seemed to sometimes fluctuate in degrees by 1 or 2 degrees compared to the other ways. So that can mean the difference between a high temp or a "need to watch" temp. So its not often I use the no touch part but its nice to have with a quick check.

I would recommend this thermometer no doubt about it to any mom! It really does make the sick days a little less of a hassle on the temperature taking!
Karen O.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This thermometer is the best do not get newer version it does not read the temp right.. I have two kids and even at my doctor’s they use this one would definitely pick one up at your local Walmart,Target, and Amazon price match $31.95 best money spent for your little ones!!
Perlitta G.
Purchased at: Walgreens
Quick, accurate, and easy to use. If used as directed, the quick response this gives is pretty accurate. Especially when your little one is not wanting to be bothered and already scared the response that quickly appears makes it easy to get the temperature check done and over with. Being easy to read with accommodating colors to help you read and understand the temperature.
Cristy P.
Sagamore Hills
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I love this thermometer. I can't say enough good things about it. It's so fast, it's so accurate, it works perfectly every single time I go to use it. The ONLY negative is the plastic covers. It literally won't work without a  plastic cover on which, I get. It keeps things super clean. Just make sure you stock up on those. It's super annoying when you go to use the thermometer and can't because you're out of the covers!
Emmalie L.
Lindside , WV
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I thinks this is best most accurate thermometer you can get for price and quality. It is the same thermometer used by my sons pediatrician, so it must be good, right? I haven’t experienced any issues with it and it seems to match up well with other thermometers of higher price. The only con I see is the screen doesn’t light up which makes it hard to take a temperature at night without having a light on.
Kristin H.
Bradley, IL
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
We just made the switch from the thermometer you scan across their heads to the ear thermometer and the ear thermometer is better! We found ourselves scanning our little ones heads to get an "average" temp each time. However since switching to the Ear thermometer the temperatures have been more consistent. I highly suggest an Ear thermometer if you don't already have one.
Alexis S.
Hammond, IN
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
We purchased this thermometer from Walgreens, it was more expensive but it worked great for us! Our 2 year old had an ear infection and in the middle of his medicine he got a really high fever (high for mom we haven’t seen it that high). It worked great for our guy! We didn’t have to wake him up and he did so well when he was awake when we took his temperature!
Jhovana M.
Burton, MI
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
When my husband came home with this I was so upset with him. “How could you spend so much money on a thermometer? The kids barely take me take their temperature with the one that we have” I thought. Ha I was wrong! I actually love this thing and the kids too it takes your temperature so fast. It’s easy to use and clean. I love it. 100% recommended
Vivian T.
Austin
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
When it is effective, extremely useful. Compared to the anal thermometer, according to our doctor’s office this is the most effective thermometer, it is extremely accurately however it gives me the POS error message SO often which is very annoying. Even when I change positions, it is just a very finicky thermometer. Especially with a moving baby.
Kayla H.
Was going to buy one but was kind of iffy????? is it worth the money???
Jeanette C.
East Hartford, CT
Does it really works better than any other?
Is it accurate? I have less than a month old baby! Looking for my 1st&last baby thermometer ! If there is anything better than this?
Brittany G.
Cannon Falls, MN
Would it be good idea to change the ear liners every time or is it safe to use the same one a few times?

Target