BY BRAUN #1 in Thermometers

When someone you love is under the weather, you need acuracy, not approximately. The Braun® ThermoScan® 5 thermometer provides accurate and gentle readings in just seconds. The pre-warmed tip and unique positioning system ensure precise measurements every time. Braun's clinically proven technology gives you confidence and peace of mind when you need it most. It's perfect for the whole family.

Learn more about Braun

Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer

Start your review of Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "It is really quick and for squirmy kids who refuse to hold still long enough for under the arm or trying to keep the temporal one against their head to get an accurate reading." in 8 reviews
  • "Prior to this, I had used the forehead thermometer and was not too happy with the results because my toddler does not like to sit still and my husband is not that great at scanning it." in 8 reviews
  • "Being sick they wouldn't want to sit still long enough for me to get their temperature under the arm." in 3 reviews
Riana B.
14086
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This thermometer was always accurate and easy to use. Be sure to get it in their ear just right, otherwise the reading won't be as accurate. I like using the disposable covers for cleanliness and I would recommend this thermometer to others. I used mine for 5.5 years before it broke, so it is worth the investment.
Natalie H.
West Columbia, SC
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
We just got one of these since having a new baby a few months ago and we love it. I find myself using it on everyone in the house. It's fairly affordable and it's no fuss. I don't have to stick it under a sick kids tongue and fight with the plastic. It's super easy and gives an accurate reading.
Julie F.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Its always given me a pretty accurate reading. It is quick wich is fantastic when your trying to hold a sick and flopping tantruming kid still enough long enough to get a temp. I like that it has covers that are disposable and that they are stored in the holder with the thermometer itself
Marissa M.
New Haven
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This wasn't the thermometer I had when my toddlers were babies, but I wish it was. It's so easy to use, I like it much more than the exergen temporal scanner (which is what I used before). It's also the kind that the doctor uses so if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.
Elle Z.
North Canton, OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Oh my gosh, y'all. Don't mess around with any other thermometer. Babies and toddlers are notoriously fussy and squirmy when they're sick, and nobody's in a hurry to stick a thermometer up a butt. This thing is accurate and SO FAST. I give it to all my expecting friends!
Shania M.
Springfield
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This is a great thermometer! It's so quick and easy to use on yourself or on anyone and I love that you can get the disposable things for each use. It's accurate most of the time unless you're doing it wrong. I think this is a great product to have in any household!
Eve M.
Fayetteville, NC
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
This is an affordable thermometer when you need something easier than a rectal or under-the-tongue thermometer. This is also more accurate than any of the forehead ones I have tried. It reads quickly so you don’t have to try and get baby to be still for very long.
Krista L.
Florence, AL
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This was recommended by my friend who’s a pediatric nurse and they use this in their office. It works so well and in my opinion more accurate than a lot of other thermometers that I’ve used before. I’m glad I decided to spend the extra bucks and get this one.
Whitney K.
Monroe, LA
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
This thermometer was the best purchase we’ve made since parenting! It is quick and accurate every time. I recommend it to all of my friends, even if they don’t have children! We’ve owned ours for over a year and have nothing but great things to say about it.
Jhanna M.
Marysville , OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Lo tengo desde que mi niña nació y ya tengo 3 años con el y me encanta es un producto que nunca me ha dado problemas pero si me ha ayudado en momentos donde la pequeña se enfermaba, lo encuentro practico, cómodo, fácil, higiénico y muy util... 100% recomendado
Kayla H.
Was going to buy one but was kind of iffy????? is it worth the money???
Jeanette C.
East Hartford, CT
Does it really works better than any other?
Is it accurate? I have less than a month old baby! Looking for my 1st&last baby thermometer ! If there is anything better than this?
Brittany G.
Cannon Falls, MN
Would it be good idea to change the ear liners every time or is it safe to use the same one a few times?

Target