BY BRAUN #1 in Thermometers

When someone you love is under the weather, you need acuracy, not approximately. The Braun® ThermoScan® 5 thermometer provides accurate and gentle readings in just seconds. The pre-warmed tip and unique positioning system ensure precise measurements every time. Braun's clinically proven technology gives you confidence and peace of mind when you need it most. It's perfect for the whole family.

Learn more about Braun

Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer
  • "It is really quick and for squirmy kids who refuse to hold still long enough for under the arm or trying to keep the temporal one against their head to get an accurate reading." in 8 reviews
  • "Prior to this, I had used the forehead thermometer and was not too happy with the results because my toddler does not like to sit still and my husband is not that great at scanning it." in 8 reviews
  • "Being sick they wouldn't want to sit still long enough for me to get their temperature under the arm." in 3 reviews
JING C.
Brooklyn, NY
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Love the Braun ThermosScan 5 Thermometer. I been using it on my new born son. It's easy and my son allow me to use it. My son usually dislike me touching his whole head It is usually turn left and right lol. With this thermometer It doesn't hurt him and easy. I get the result fast. Thank you Braun for making this awesome Thermometer reader
Rachel D.
Manlius, NY
Oh my lord, this is a GODSEND. SO much easier than using an underarm thermometer. It works within seconds. Here's a tip-- if you cant change it from degrees Celsius, hold the power button down (while it's turned off) and the degrees Fahrenheit will come up!
Whitney B.
Just received this thermometer, thanks Influenster and Braun!! We love it. We were given a different brand and it totally sucks compared to this one. It's easy to handle, reads in seconds. I especially appreciate the errors and troubleshooting card that comes with, because when I am panicking as a mom it's good to have a reminder on hand if something goes wrong!
Kayla C.
Greenbrier, TN
I think all temperature taking methods are going to have some bit of variables besides the tried and true rectal thermometers. However, it is not always practical to get a nice fast rectal temperature. That is where these type of thermometers come in handy.
Mallelyn H.
Lancaster , PA
I am in love with this product. I actually received the thermoscan complimentary from Influenster to review and it is awesome. I have a one year old who loves to run away whenever she sees anything coming towards her mouth or ears and it gets a reading so quick, that she didn't know what was coming for her :) I love it. So quick and easy to use. def recommend
Elizabeth S.
Lacey, WA
I received this thermometer from Influenster for testing, and I'm really glad I did! I've been needing to get a better one for the kids, and hadn't gotten around to it. It's really easy to use. It gets a reading in about 2 secs so it's not hard to use on a squirmy toddler who hates things in his ears. If I hadn't gotten this in a VoxBox I would buy it myself.
Krissy H.
Yamhill, OR
I don't think this is as accurate as other types of thermometers. It is a bit of a pain too. The replacment covers are expensive. The sensor that signafies weather he over is on has worn own and needs extra conviencing on our 2 year old themometer.
Melissa G.
Grand Island, NY
It's amazing! I have 3 year old twins, who are very impatient, especially when they are sick, and this takes an accurate temp within seconds. It's comfortable in their ears, and super easy to use. Highly recommend for kids of all ages!! So glad I got to try this product free from Influenster, would definitely purchase in the future for a back up.
Stephanie W.
Half Moon Bay, CA
I have a few devices and I only trust this one. The head check one always says some strange temperature (no way my kid is 80 degrees right now) and good luck keeping the thermometer in the kids mouths... but this one is a quick 5 seconds... and voila! Accurate and easy. So easy, my husband and I use it as well. A must for kiddos.
Bailey R.
San Antonio, TX
Got this for my first VoxBox. I LOVE it. We tested it out compared to our oral thermometer and it's surprisingly accurate. My husband and I were both skeptical because I've had other ear thermometers that were terrible. It reads very quickly and there's no more fighting my two year old to take his temperature. Only downside is the replacement covers can get a bit pricey, but other than that I highly recommend it. Thanks, Influenster!!
Kayla H.
Was going to buy one but was kind of iffy????? is it worth the money???
Jeanette C.
East Hartford, CT
Does it really works better than any other?
Is it accurate? I have less than a month old baby! Looking for my 1st&last baby thermometer ! If there is anything better than this?
Brittany G.
Cannon Falls, MN
Would it be good idea to change the ear liners every time or is it safe to use the same one a few times?

Target