BY BRAUN #1 in Thermometers

When someone you love is under the weather, you need acuracy, not approximately. The Braun® ThermoScan® 5 thermometer provides accurate and gentle readings in just seconds. The pre-warmed tip and unique positioning system ensure precise measurements every time. Braun's clinically proven technology gives you confidence and peace of mind when you need it most. It's perfect for the whole family.

Learn more about Braun

Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer

Start your review of Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "It is really quick and for squirmy kids who refuse to hold still long enough for under the arm or trying to keep the temporal one against their head to get an accurate reading." in 8 reviews
  • "Prior to this, I had used the forehead thermometer and was not too happy with the results because my toddler does not like to sit still and my husband is not that great at scanning it." in 8 reviews
  • "Being sick they wouldn't want to sit still long enough for me to get their temperature under the arm." in 3 reviews
Hayley V.
Walden, NY
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Love this Braun Ear Thermometer! I have bought so many inexpensive thermometers and they either took Forever for the reading or the batteries never lasted long. So I finally did my research and found out that Braun is one the Top rated brands and had it have Great reviews. I had talked to the Pharmacist and they also recommended the Braun thermometers. So I gave in and bought it. I was a little afraid of the price, but now that I've used it, I Love it!! I wish I would have boughten this from the beginning.
Courtney L.
West Linn
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
While a great thermometer I find it to be hard for many people use on infants and toddlers. Since they dont know you have to gently pull their ear lobes down in order to get an accurate reading. For infants and toddler I'd stick to a temporal (forehead) thermometer and save the ear thermometer for the big kids. Plus of you're a worried first time mom you'll run out of covers quickly and it won't work without them.
Sarah H.
The woodlands , TX
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I’d rate this 6 stars if I could. Easiest and most accurate thermometer we’ve found. We’ve lost them in the past and always come back to this one. I remember as a new mom, I tried so many thermometers on the market & when I found this one, I’ve never had to look at other thermometers again. All my mom friends always recommend this one too. Don’t waste your time or money on any other thermometers. This is the one!
Amanda S.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Fast and effective!  We graduated to this thermometer once our little boy was a toddler and I haven't regretted purchasing it at all!  I read some bad reviews about the forehead thermometers give false readings and not reading accurately so I stayed away from those all together.  For the price and the ease of use, the Bruan ThermoScan 5 Ear Thermometer cannot be beat!
♡ j.
Florence
I absolutely love this thermometer. Its convenient  because you can have it with you at all times. My friend was the first one to show me this and I bought one and I've been using it since then! Yes the price is a little high but its worth it especially it you have mobile babies. But overall I would definitely recommend!
Audrey S.
McGregor
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
My son started feeling feverish and our old thermometer was not reading the correct temperature anymore after reading a few reviews I chose this thermometer. I love how quickly it reads the temperature and how easy it is to use. When my kids are sick they don6want to be messed with a ton, so this thermometer has been a life saver.
Destiny B.
Homedale
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I LOVE this thermometer. It is so easy to use and my kids dont fight me when I need to take their temperature anymore. I have tried ALL of them... The "under the armpit", "under the tongue", and "across the forehead". They have either been inaccurate or my kids scream. I keep this one with me in my medical bag at all times now.
nicole b.
This thermometer is amazing. It comes with the ear covers that just slide on. You place the thermometer in your little one's ear and in seconds, you have their temperature. Once you're done, you just push the "release" button and the cover comes off and you just throw it away. The thermometer also comes with a cover for the head that just snaps on to keep it clean.
Miranda C.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I like the ear covers for this product. It keeps it nice and sanitary for us. It’s quick to use and gives a pretty accurate temp read. They only thing I don’t like is the covers are REALLY HARD TO FIND. I have to order them off amazon cause they don’t sell them in store... even though I bought this product in the store.....
Ashley E.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I was thrilled about this until my daughter had an ouchie in her ear aka "an ear infection" It was a little pricey in my opinion, but it still does its job effectively. It does have the little protectors that go in it, which it will not work if you dont have them on it. We ran out and it wouldn't work without them.
Jessica P.
Elizabeth, NJ
Where can i buy the little ear linens?
Nicole C.
Columbus, GA
About to have another baby and looking for a good thermometer?
Brittany G.
Cannon Falls, MN
Would it be good idea to change the ear liners every time or is it safe to use the same one a few times?
Nancy O.
Colton , CA
Does it take long to read the temperatures?

Target