Is it accurate? I have less than a month old baby! Looking for my 1st&last baby thermometer ! If there is anything better than this?

Genevieve T.
Genevieve T.
Terrebonne, Quebec
Janelle T.
Janelle T.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I love this thermometer and definitely think it's accurate. I do agree though that it can be hard to get this in an infant's ear. Despite that, I've used it on my 6 week old and it gave the same reading as the rectal is so I definitely trust it.
Kelly M.
Kelly M.
West Point, VA
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Yes I definitely think this is accurate. I usually do a quick check of each ear to get an average (that's what our ped. suggested) but I haven't had any inaccuracies.
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Lake George , NY
2 years, 10 months ago
I love this thermometer. I've used it with my 3 girls from birth. I always found it relatively accurate. I conditioned them to let me check both ears every time- that way I figure if one is off, the other will be fine. I've tested it against an oral one and they were exact. I highly recommend this thermometer!
San Antonio, TX
2 years, 10 months ago
If you only want to buy one kind, I'd go temporal. Braun makes one of those too. You can use it now and when baby is older.
San Antonio, TX
2 years, 10 months ago
I find it to be very accurate, however, thermometers that go in the ear are NOT recommended for babies under 6 months. Their ear canals are not large enough to get a accurate reading. For now, you would be better off getting a regular thermometer to use under the arm, a rectal thermometer (I know, no fun for anyone, but it is the most accurate), or a temporal (forehead) thermometer. Most department stores or drug stores will have a store brand that won't break the bank.