BY BRAUN #1 in Thermometers

When someone you love is under the weather, you need acuracy, not approximately. The Braun® ThermoScan® 5 thermometer provides accurate and gentle readings in just seconds. The pre-warmed tip and unique positioning system ensure precise measurements every time. Braun's clinically proven technology gives you confidence and peace of mind when you need it most. It's perfect for the whole family.

Learn more about Braun

Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer
  • "It is really quick and for squirmy kids who refuse to hold still long enough for under the arm or trying to keep the temporal one against their head to get an accurate reading." in 8 reviews
  • "Prior to this, I had used the forehead thermometer and was not too happy with the results because my toddler does not like to sit still and my husband is not that great at scanning it." in 8 reviews
  • "Being sick they wouldn't want to sit still long enough for me to get their temperature under the arm." in 3 reviews
Courtney L.
West Linn
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
While a great thermometer I find it to be hard for many people use on infants and toddlers. Since they dont know you have to gently pull their ear lobes down in order to get an accurate reading. For infants and toddler I'd stick to a temporal (forehead) thermometer and save the ear thermometer for the big kids. Plus of you're a worried first time mom you'll run out of covers quickly and it won't work without them.
Sarah H.
The Woodlands, TX
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I’d rate this 6 stars if I could. Easiest and most accurate thermometer we’ve found. We’ve lost them in the past and always come back to this one. I remember as a new mom, I tried so many thermometers on the market & when I found this one, I’ve never had to look at other thermometers again. All my mom friends always recommend this one too. Don’t waste your time or money on any other thermometers. This is the one!
♡ j.
Florence
I absolutely love this thermometer. Its convenient  because you can have it with you at all times. My friend was the first one to show me this and I bought one and I've been using it since then! Yes the price is a little high but its worth it especially it you have mobile babies. But overall I would definitely recommend!
Cheska B.
Amesville
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Accurate and effective. Does what it needs to do. Price is high but it's a one time purchase. Only thermometer we use now. I would recommend it to all parents. Only con is it can be a pain to get a toddler to hold still for a temp. But I guess that means we need to upgrade to the Braun touch free.
Kaiyoomia M.
Clifton
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I like the fact that it has to have a cover on the ear part of the thermometer and you can buy replacement ones to keep it clean and sanitary it works great batteries last a long time my only complaint is that it should come with more disposable earpiece covers then what it does when you buy it
Alli W.
Murfreesboro, TN
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
We’ve luckily only had to use this a few times, but it was very easy and quick to use. It even came with some covers for the tip for sanitation purposes which I love. Overall we are highly satisfied especially with how quick and accurate the thermometer assesses our little girl’s temperature.
Marissa M.
New Haven
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This wasn't the thermometer I had when my toddlers were babies, but I wish it was. It's so easy to use, I like it much more than the exergen temporal scanner (which is what I used before). It's also the kind that the doctor uses so if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.
Shania M.
Springfield
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This is a great thermometer! It's so quick and easy to use on yourself or on anyone and I love that you can get the disposable things for each use. It's accurate most of the time unless you're doing it wrong. I think this is a great product to have in any household!
Eve M.
Fayetteville, NC
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
This is an affordable thermometer when you need something easier than a rectal or under-the-tongue thermometer. This is also more accurate than any of the forehead ones I have tried. It reads quickly so you don’t have to try and get baby to be still for very long.
nicole b.
This thermometer is amazing. It comes with the ear covers that just slide on. You place the thermometer in your little one's ear and in seconds, you have their temperature. Once you're done, you just push the "release" button and the cover comes off and you just throw it away. The thermometer also comes with a cover for the head that just snaps on to keep it clean.
Kayla H.
Was going to buy one but was kind of iffy????? is it worth the money???
Karen  R.
Victorville, CA
I am having anew baby i want to know what people have to say about this ???
Jeanette C.
East Hartford, CT
Does it really works better than any other?
Is it accurate? I have less than a month old baby! Looking for my 1st&last baby thermometer ! If there is anything better than this?
Brittany G.
Would it be good idea to change the ear liners every time or is it safe to use the same one a few times?

Target