BY BRAUN #2 in Thermometers

When someone you love is under the weather, you need acuracy, not approximately. The Braun® ThermoScan® 5 thermometer provides accurate and gentle readings in just seconds. The pre-warmed tip and unique positioning system ensure precise measurements every time. Braun's clinically proven technology gives you confidence and peace of mind when you need it most. It's perfect for the whole family.

Learn more about Braun

Braun® ThermoScan® 5 Ear Thermometer
  • "It is really quick and for squirmy kids who refuse to hold still long enough for under the arm or trying to keep the temporal one against their head to get an accurate reading." in 8 reviews
  • "Prior to this, I had used the forehead thermometer and was not too happy with the results because my toddler does not like to sit still and my husband is not that great at scanning it." in 8 reviews
  • "Being sick they wouldn't want to sit still long enough for me to get their temperature under the arm." in 3 reviews
Courtney L.
West Linn
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
While a great thermometer I find it to be hard for many people use on infants and toddlers. Since they dont know you have to gently pull their ear lobes down in order to get an accurate reading. For infants and toddler I'd stick to a temporal (forehead) thermometer and save the ear thermometer for the big kids. Plus of you're a worried first time mom you'll run out of covers quickly and it won't work without them.
Emmalie L.
Lindside, WV
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I thinks this is best most accurate thermometer you can get for price and quality. It is the same thermometer used by my sons pediatrician, so it must be good, right? I haven’t experienced any issues with it and it seems to match up well with other thermometers of higher price. The only con I see is the screen doesn’t light up which makes it hard to take a temperature at night without having a light on.
Alexis S.
Hammond, IN
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
We purchased this thermometer from Walgreens, it was more expensive but it worked great for us! Our 2 year old had an ear infection and in the middle of his medicine he got a really high fever (high for mom we haven’t seen it that high). It worked great for our guy! We didn’t have to wake him up and he did so well when he was awake when we took his temperature!
Jhovana M.
Burton, MI
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
When my husband came home with this I was so upset with him. “How could you spend so much money on a thermometer? The kids barely take me take their temperature with the one that we have” I thought. Ha I was wrong! I actually love this thing and the kids too it takes your temperature so fast. It’s easy to use and clean. I love it. 100% recommended
Vivian T.
Austin
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
When it is effective, extremely useful. Compared to the anal thermometer, according to our doctor’s office this is the most effective thermometer, it is extremely accurately however it gives me the POS error message SO often which is very annoying. Even when I change positions, it is just a very finicky thermometer. Especially with a moving baby.
Alli W.
Murfreesboro, TN
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
We’ve luckily only had to use this a few times, but it was very easy and quick to use. It even came with some covers for the tip for sanitation purposes which I love. Overall we are highly satisfied especially with how quick and accurate the thermometer assesses our little girl’s temperature.
Marissa M.
New Haven
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
This wasn't the thermometer I had when my toddlers were babies, but I wish it was. It's so easy to use, I like it much more than the exergen temporal scanner (which is what I used before). It's also the kind that the doctor uses so if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.
Stef M.
Santee, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Took off a star because I will take her temperature twice in the same air and I’ll give me two different readings both are fairly similar but still a little off but would still recommend even though it is kind of pricey thinking about purchasing the four head one
Meredith A.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Love this thermometer. Very accurate, easy to use and fast. My son isn’t very fond of getting his temperature being taken so this fast working thermometer makes it easier for me to take his temperature. Very reliable product
arianne m.
Virginia Beach, VA
I love this product. I use is every time that my family is sick. I can trust the temp is correct. I have had it for about 3 years now and its still going strong. I highly recommend this to any new parent to use. its easy to read screen is great. Its also not very expensive!
Kayla H.
Was going to buy one but was kind of iffy????? is it worth the money???
Karen  R.
Victorville, CA
I am having anew baby i want to know what people have to say about this ???
Jeanette C.
East Hartford, CT
Does it really works better than any other?
Is it accurate? I have less than a month old baby! Looking for my 1st&last baby thermometer ! If there is anything better than this?
Brittany G.
Would it be good idea to change the ear liners every time or is it safe to use the same one a few times?

Target