BY BRAUN #20 in Epilators & Hair Removal Devices

The Best Short Hair Removal from Braun The Silk pil 7 epilator removes even the shortest, finest hairs, right down to 0.5 mm long.  The 40 tweezers in Braun s close-grip technology ensure superior performance and the most thorough hair removal.  Because it s cordless, it can be used dry or in the bath or shower for the gentlest epilation.  To further increase epilating comfort, prepare your skin with the Olay® cooling wet wipes included. Product Highlights. Wet & Dry The Silk pil 7 was designed specifically for epilation in warm water.  In addition to being relaxing and soothing, warm water improves your circulation and incr. see more...

• Im planning on buying an epilator but not sure which one....2 Answers
  • I currently own the Remington smooth and silky epilator. ...1 Answers
  • I've always wanted to try one of these as I wax myself an...2 Answers
Braun Silk-epil 7681 Wet & Dry Epilator
  • "Yes, the epilation hurt like crazy the first time I used it - but it says right in the manual that the underarms are a very sensitive area." in 2 reviews
  • "Yes, it is a painful experience for the first week, but if you give yourself about three days to completely get rid of hair it's not so bad." in 1 review
  • "But, if this is your first time using one, please read about my experience: I forgot I had an epilator until I saw it on here." in 1 review
  • "It does hurt but not as bad as waxing and you get used it." in 1 review
Sid ..
I bought this product a few weeks ago as it was highly recommended by a friend and let me just start of by saying that I love it!! I bought this at target for a little over $70 and even though that may seem to be a little expensive, please think about how much money you spend on razors or waxing every month! Purchasing this for $70 for a few years is much cheaper than the costs of other alternatives.

The first time using this will be very painful... I really won’t lie about that. You’ll actually get discouraged but push through it!!! You’ll be hairless for days :) For me, epilating my legs from my knees and below is not too painful. When you get used to the product, you start feeling more of a tingling sensation. Your armpits will be very painful compared to your legs so I would say to spend a little longer on your armpits and to even take breaks if the pain gets to be too much.

One tip I have if you are epilating your armpits is to do it right after a warm shower! The pain is much more tolerable than when dry.
Francheska A.
Doral, FL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Im not going to lie this is a wonderful machine to get rid of hairs, especially because it is so portable. however, it can very very painful.

here a few tips if you are planning to buy a epilator, especially for the first time:

1. if it is the first time, you may consider to buy a cream like local anesthesia. it is normally used for waxing or tattoos.
2. 2 days before you decide to epilate, use the exfoliating brush with some kind of exfoliating product. it really help when you are going to actually epilate yourself.
3. the first time hurts but after a couple of times doing it you get used to it and it not going to bother you. plus think that the result its incredible, so a little pain it nothing.
4. try to pull your skin so it is easy for the machine to pull the hair.
5. don't run the machine fast and many times, just go slow in the same place without push it hard until all the area its clear.
6. if it is the first time go try in small areas so you can get used to it.
7. at the end of the epilation try to shower with a little cold water, so you can close the pores.
8. however after depilating yourself, if you can try to use some kind of tonic for ingrown hair like tend skin or pfb vanish . you definitely should try them because if you have 9. had ingrown hair before this can cause you some or even if you want to avoid having ingrown hair.
10. try to clean you epilator after every used, so it can last you more time.

overall i think that this epilator it is amazing, the package it is very practical, it very easy to do and to carry around especially if you are going to travel. the package come the epilator with 2 different levels, the AA batteries for the face brush, the manual, a cute bag to carry it, the charger,and a different head for the machine,and a small brush to clean you machine.
if you still have some doubts of how to use it, i extremely recommend you to read the manual. overrall i do recommend it, and i hope this can be helpful.
Winnie T.
Flushing, NY
I love this epilator! I'm not sure if it's because i'm used to it now but this makes hair removal so much easier. I don't always use it in the shower and even when I don't the hair comes off so easily and it really doesn't hurt that much! I know - the thought something pulling on your hair is never pleasant but this device makes it so easy! Definitely my go-to device when i don't have time to go for a wax.
Karla R.
Springfield, MA
I lovvveeee my Braun Silk-epil Wet & Dry Epilator! I honestly thought it would be harder to use but, I watched a tutorial and got it right. In my opinion it is affordable. I haven't use any other brand but it is definitely better than shaving. Recommend it!
Kat H.
I saw a tweet on Twitter about this product, posted by #Influencer and it made me want to try it because I am so sick of shaving. I have severely dry skin so it is always scaly and itchy which causes me to scratch and I end up with tons of scabs that get ripped up when I shave. Not good as it just increases the itchiness. I needed some other way of removing leg hair. Creams have never worked and with the skin irritation they are a dangerous option for me. I have tattoos so lots of the light treatments won't work. Lasers are too expensive. Waxing was just ridiculous. So I settled on this. And I love it. I spent one whole day doing the lower half of my legs in 5 minute spurts as the pain was horrible. I did get used to the pain, just like everyone said I would. So far I've done from my knees down and my armpits and I went from having to shave daily to avoid stubble to not having shaved all week. I'm still dreading using it on my thighs due to the pain level but I will get there. The one I bought came with the exfoliating body and face brushes so that helps! As of right now, I definitely recommend this to everyone!
Jasmine P.
San Diego, CA
I bought this epilator as an alternative to shaving my underarms, which have always had issues from skin irritation from the razor. Before using this epilator, I would refrain from shaving and wear long sleeves until I had time to individually tweeze! I can't believe I didn't know about these devices sooner. Yes, the epilation hurt like crazy the first time I used it - but it says right in the manual that the underarms are a very sensitive area. I have since gotten used to it. Using the epilator on my legs is much less painful - there is a bit of a sting (but what do you expect when it is PULLING INDIVIDUAL HAIRS out by the root?!). I feel I haven't quite perfected the art of epilation - for now the results I get with the epilator on my legs are not as smooth as shaving, although my boyfriend can't tell the difference when I shave/epilate so that's good. And the "smoothness" lasts much longer than shaving also. Even though it doesn't perform as well as I'd like on legs, it does exactly what I expected for my underarms, and that's the principal reason for the purchase anyway so I am satisfied. All in all - does what it promises, you get used to the "pain" pretty quickly (by my second use I would say!), it's saving me money on razor blades, and my underarms look and feel so much better now :D
Jessica W.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
So far so good! I've been wanting an epilator for the longest time, because I cannot stand shaving everyday and cost-wise, it makes more sense to invest in a good epilator that you pay for once and use for years than to pay crazy amounts of money for waxes. No mess, no need to continually buy more stuff, can touch up anytime. Now down to the nitty gritty on this item.. it's the first epilator I have personally owned but compared to others I've seen, this one really does seem to be high quality. I love that it's cordless, rechargeable and you do not need batteries. The design of it is flawless and makes for a much more efficient and comfortable experience. Here is the truth though, I have tried it once, and yes it hurt. I have never waxed or epilated my leg hair before so that was expected, but I noticed just on the first pass that it literally got EVERYTHING. I'm looking forward to a hopeful pain reduction over time as the hair will hopefully come back thinner and I can tolerate it better... but this item really is top notch. Don't go for one of the cheap ones.
Kristen R.
This works as its supposed to and if you like using an epilator, this is for you. But, if this is your first time using one, please read about my experience:

I forgot I had an epilator until I saw it on here. I purchased it about a year ago. I don't use it anymore as its painful, and the Olay wipes didn't alleviate pain or skin irritation for me. As a comparison, I can vouch that I have my left arm tattooed, and the pain level is about the same. Tattoos are forever, epilator results..only a few days. Also, the epilator always left my legs red and polka-dotted for a day and thats not aesthetically pleasant.

The only reason I kept this product is because it has attachments enabling it to be used as an electric shaver, and trimmer. I've used those a few times.

Caroline S.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I received this epilator for free from a product testing website. I've only been using it for a few days, but I can already see the results. Yes, it is a painful experience for the first week, but if you give yourself about three days to completely get rid of hair it's not so bad. Just spread out the process and don't do it all at once the first time.
Kavya G.
Jersey City, NJ
I have been loyal to Braun wet dry epilator from years now and don't want to replace it for any other brand ... Very convenient to use ... The only prob is the first one I used ...it stopped working after an year use so I thought May be I didn't keep it properly ... So I bought another one which I gave to my sister after after a month of use as she loved it too and bought another for myself all ended up not working after almost year n half of use so I buy it with warranty now .. That's the only reason why I struck a star off from the review !
Brittany S.
Jacksonville, FL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
Is this product worth it? I'm obsessed with finding the right razor bc I like to shave everyday. would this be the best product to try? or any other suggestions?
Caroline O.
Bronx, NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
Can you use it in your vaginal area? Hehe
Sara B.
Baraboo, WI
Does this work? I have to shave every day! My leg hair grows very fast and the hair is course. Is this worth the money?
Is this good product? I would like to triy it
Terri M.
Mount Joy, PA
I have been interested in trying one of these. Does it pinch and tug at hairs when you use it? Is it better to use it dry or wet??