Add a Photo

By BRAUN
#1 in Thermometers

The Braun® No touch + forehead thermometer is the first thermometer to take professionally accurate temperatures with a gentle touch of the the forhead or no touch at all. Braun's clinically proven tehcnology won't disturb your sleeping little one, and the large color-coded display with temperature guidance system is easy to read. For professional accuracy, gentle convenience, and peace of mind, choose Braun.

Photos (29)
Sara B.
Sara B.

This thermometer is amazing for several reasons:

1. It is accurate. That’s important right? Of course! I tested it again other thermometers and it holds its own very well in the accuracy department.
2. To touch or not to touch. You can use this thermometer on your sleeping baby or fussy toddler (or irritable husband) without ever touching them! Yep, that’s right, it works up to several inches away.
3. No fancy hand-waving or swiping necessary. Just aim (or touch) the thermometer at the center of the forehead (between the eyebrows) and press the button.
4. Sound or no sound. If you want to know when the temperature has been detected the thermometer beeps, but there’s a handy switch to turn off the beep if you don’t want to disturb your sleeping little ones.
5. Green, Yellow, Red. The display rates the temperature as normal (green), low-grade fever (yellow), or high fever (red). Very handy for zombie mommy at 3am.
6. Lightweight and simple to operate. Again easy for exhausted parents at all hours of the day or night.
Bottom line: This thermometer beats out any other one I’ve tried and I will definitely be recommending it to all my friends and family.

I received this thermometer free to try from Influenster. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own and unbiased.
Jenni G.
Jenni G.
Raleigh, NC

I love the idea of this thermometer. My youngest daughter cannot stand having her temperature taken, and throws a fit all of the time. She was not scared of this at all, and that is a major plus. The directions on the thermometer easily tell you how to hold the thermometer, and it quickly tells you the temperature. Great! Well, for the negative... The reading is always different. We had a house full of sickness. I tried with my husband first and it gave a really high reading. I took his temperature four times in a row, and each time it gave a completely different reading, like the numbers were not even close. This is a grey idea, but does. Not work very well at all!
Beth P.
Beth P.
Burr Oak, mi

I question the accuracy of the thermometer, but I think it can at least give you a general idea if there is a fever or not. As a nurse, I can usually identify the other symptoms that would suggest a fever and use the thermometer to help confirm. I have gotten both questionably high and low readings. You should always use your gut instinct when it comes to when you feel your child is sick enough to need medical attention. An inaccurate thermometer should not prevent that. All in all, easy to use, easy to read, questionable accuracy. Probably easier for the lay person to use more correctly than the tympanic (ear) thermometers.
Tiffany E.
Tiffany E.
South Euclid, Ohio

I love using this on my whole family. It is so easy and the reading comes out quickly and easily readable. I hate when someone feels terrible and i have to say i know you feel sick but can you put this under your tongue for a minute. Then they move or talk and the reading is inaccurate and you have to wonder did they just have a cup of something hot or cold?

I don't have to worry about this when i use the head thermometer i just swipe it across and bam reading and then i can get them the medicine they may need.
Ann G.
Ann G.
San Antonio, TX

Amazing!! Quick and easy. I hate having to hold my baby down to check his temperature under his arm with a regular thermometer when he's already fussy as it is. This reads his temp in just a couple of seconds. I have the option to touch directly onto his forehead or hold it close without touching. Both ways give an accurate reading. I also love the colors it displays depending on the temperature- red for fever, yellow for low grade, green for no fever!
jennifer D.
jennifer D.

Got this far baby shower gift we love it if the baby is sleeping I just run over real fast instead of taking off all your clothes and trying to do it orally or under the armpit it's pretty accurate and he falling off by a few degrees it's a little bit expensive but we use it for cells use it for our kids and I think it really does work well I mean you don't have to completely undressed I'm just to get the temperature anymore so that's a plus
Alicia S.
Alicia S.
Myrtle Beach, SC

Highly inaccurate. I bought this when my son was sick. It seemed accurate at first but then, in the same day I bought it, it gave me a 105.4 degree reading. I tried again touching his for head with it instead of the no touch method and it read 104.5. I knew he was running a temp so my heart sank. I reached for the rectal thermometers and his temp was only 101.8. I took his rectal temp with another thermometer and it confirmed the 101.8 temp.
Karla B.
Karla B.

I purchased this to help take my 1 year old daughters temperature. It is very inaccurate. Whenever I use it I take at least 3 readings until I receive a consistent temperature. I don't know if this inaccuracy is because of how small my child's head is. If you move it slightly to a different spot, you get a different reading. I have tried it on myself and it was more accurate.
Autumn F.
Autumn F.
Lansford , PA

I love this brand, but Not a fan on this of this model. Got this for a baby shower gift, and I am not fan. Gives inaccurate readings. I can take my sons temperature like 4 times in a row and get different readings every single time. I would not recommend this to anyone. I prefer the ear one instead.
Denise J.
Denise J.
Cleveland, OH

This is an amazing product. The no touch is great in eliminating the worry of passing on illnesses to others as with conventional thermometers. The Braun No Touch is amazingly quick and accurate. This thermometer is great for the young and the old and everyone in between.
Nichole B.
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN

Is it accurate ?
Bridget L.
Bridget L.

How accurate is this and is it easy to use?
Michelle C.
Michelle C.

Anyone actually own this ? how do you like it ?
Prianka A.
Prianka A.
Manhattan,NYC

Do you feel it is accurate ...
sharianne s.
sharianne s.

How well do you find this thermometer works compared to the ear one?