BY BRAUN #1 in Thermometers

The Braun® No touch + forehead thermometer is the first thermometer to take professionally accurate temperatures with a gentle touch of the the forehead or no touch at all. Braun's clinically proven technology won't disturb your sleeping little one, and the large color-coded display with temperature guidance system is easy to read. For professional accuracy, gentle convenience, and peace of mind, choose Braun, the #1 brand recommended by pediatricians.*

*Based on a survey reporting that of the surveyed pediatricians (1) who recommend a brand of thermometers, Braun is the most recommended; and (2) who use a branded thermometer, Braun is the most frequently used.

• Is it accurate ? 11 Answers
  • how accurate is this if compared to traditional oral thermometer???1 Answers
  • How accurate is this and is it easy to use?5 Answers
Braun® No touch + forehead thermometer
  • "Cons: If your child is snuggled under a blanket and you try to take his/her temp you will not get an accurate reading due to the heat being released from under the blanket in addition to the child's." in 11 reviews
  • "I am also pregnant and know this will be a great product to have on hand should the baby become sick!" in 8 reviews
  • "I have 21 month old child and it was such a challenge to take her temp when she was sick because she don't sit still and won't let the thermometer to her head." in 7 reviews
  • "I think it's just inaccurate, which sucks because it's SO MUCH EASIER TO USE, but the whole point of a thermometer is to tell you an accurate temperature, so I'm not even sure what to do with it at this point." in 7 reviews
  • "I was afraid it wouldn't be accurate, but after days of testing it against my tried and true oral thermometer, the Braun No Touch + Forehead thermometer is on the money every time!" in 6 reviews
Jessi P.
Somersworth, NH
Lets Start out by saying we LOVE Braun in our family! We got this as a voxbox to review and coming into cold season I was excited to test it out.

Pros:
The thermometer turns on extremely quick and is ready to go much quicker than our older Braun.
Its EXTREMELY easy to use and guides you when needed. So if you are too far away from the forehead to do the no touch it displays a FWD sign until you get close enough.
The color screen along with easy to ready numbers are perfect. Its much like a stop light in the colors. Green means normal/good, yellow is slightly high and red means high.
It doesn't take long to read the temp whether its the no touch or when putting it to forehead so that means for those with young kids its extremely quick and isn't a hassle.

Cons
Really the biggest con for me is I noticed that the no touch part is more inaccurate compared to the touch to the forehead. I did a test with my old Braun in the ear thermometer that I've used for years and the forehead touch and my old one were very close in degrees (maybe slightly off by .02-.04 degrees). the no touch seemed to sometimes fluctuate in degrees by 1 or 2 degrees compared to the other ways. So that can mean the difference between a high temp or a "need to watch" temp. So its not often I use the no touch part but its nice to have with a quick check.

I would recommend this thermometer no doubt about it to any mom! It really does make the sick days a little less of a hassle on the temperature taking!

Kimberly S.
Royal Oak, MI
I will be honest up front and state that I received this product for free in exchange for an open and honest review. That said, as you can see by the star rating my review isn't exactly favorable. That makes me sad. I gave this thing several chances, with different people, different states of fever, etc. Every single time it seemed off. I compared this with my Kinsa in ear thermometer and it was always rating people higher by about .5 of a degree--which can be a big difference in many situations.I really like the ease of use. One thing I really like is that the power button is different than the button you use to take the temperature. Some thermometers only have one button and it gets confusing at times. This was easy to use but I can't always trust it. Very rarely do I think we got an accurate temperature out of it.
Katrina B.
Snoqualmie, WA
I really love this thermometer. When you have sick kids and want to keep tabs on them when they’re sick, the last thing you want to do is have to wake them up to keep checking their temp. The light gives a very clear indication of where you’re aiming and the read out comes quickly. The ability to easily turn the sounds off is a huge plus too. Nothing worse than hearing a loud beep echoing through the halls with sleeping kids-but no more! I also like the fact that based on your reading it shows the severity of the temperature. For a curious 5 year old to see that he did have a fever but know it was okay because it was yellow was a huge sell to him.
Caitlin C.
Katy, TX
We truly love the Braun No Touch Thermometer! It takes the guess work out of cold and flu season with an easy digital screen. And this product gets extra mom points because my kids don't fight me when it comes to taking their temperature. It is so gentle that I can sneak into their room in the middle of the night or during a nap to take their temp without disturbing them. This product gives us peace of mind when our littles are sick! I would totally recommend!

Product received courtesy of influenster for testing purposes. All opinions are my own.

Victoria S.
San Jose, CA
This thermometer has easily become my favorite. It works great for the whole family and is a quick way to check everyone's health. I recently took it on a family trip with the four of us. I had a feeling my son was getting sick, and I was right! I used it to monitor all of us and to keep an eye on his temperature, so if know when he needed some medicine. It was so helpful and way easier than a mouth thermometer. It's even better than an ear thermometer, because he had an ear ache and wouldn't let me go near his ears. Braun No touch + forehead thermometer
Kristin W.
Alabaster, AL
I do NOT know how I lived without this! I have 2 small children under 4, and taking their temperature when they're not feeling well can be a real pain. This made it so easy! It literally took 2 seconds, and was very easy to use and read. I've always been a bit of a germaphobe and the idea of a thermometer in a sick mouth is pretty gross, especially when more than one family member is sick. I highly recommend this thermometer to Moms or Dads with small children! I was sent this for review in an influenster VoxBox, but all opinions are entirely my own.
Niki A.
Rochester, NH
Easy Peasy, no touch, digital display! I have only good things to say about this thermometer. My best tip is to follow the visual reminder on the product and read on forehead just above the middle of the eyebrows, that way you get the best reading!
Tiffany S.
Castroville, CA
This was such a disappointment. Kudos to how fast it worked but completely inaccurate. At one point it said my son had a 107.1 fever. Uh, What?? I was happy to receive it at a time where I could try it out on my sick kid. There was no room for trial and error when it’s 4 in the morning and you’re trying to make sure fever is breaking after giving meds or if you need to make a run to the ER because how much this kid is burning up. Times like this you need something reliable, not just fast.
Heather C.
Parsons, WV
I gave this product 2 stars because I love the concept and features, such as supposedly being able to use without touching your child. However, when compared with my thermometer that we have compared to the hospitals, it is always up to 2 degrees off. That may not seem like much but in a fever red child, it is. And not only is it off from other thermometers, it never reads the same temp twice on the same person. It can very 1.5 degrees from one moment to the next.
Anna Z.
We just came through a bout with the flu. I hate to leave a bad review when I received this from Voxbox to try. But when compared to the other 2 thermometers this was consistently inconsistent with the other two leading me to rate this as unreliable. I am comparing it to a cheaper forehead scan and a traditional oral/underarm thermometer and Kinsa. I can take the temperature 3 times and get 3 very different readings. Braun® No touch + forehead thermometer
Nichole B.
Memphis, TN
Is it accurate ?
Bridget L.
How accurate is this and is it easy to use?
Destiny C.
Knoxville, TN
How accurate would this be for a 4 month old?
Michelle C.
Anyone actually own this ? how do you like it ?
Nadya S.
Oak Lawn, IL
I bought this for my baby who is due in two months , I'm really excited to use it . I'm just hoping it's worth its price , what's your intake on this ?