BY GENERIC

Brach's Wild N' Fruity Gummi Bears & Worms: Made with real fruit Orange, pineapple, lemon, cherry, green apple Brach's candy is wild n' fruity see more...

Nora M.
Swing and a miss.
Brach’s has always been a budget priced candy company, so no surprise they’d have economy size bags of candy for sale… but it’s awful.
It’s one thing to sell candy that’s cheap, but if it’s substandard, it’s not really a value.
There are (I believe) 4 different colors of gummy bears here. “Flavors” (or so they say) but honestly, it’s really hard to tell which is which— there’s little-to-no difference in flavor (other than the gross aftertaste of the red gummy bears, one vaguely reminiscent of Swedish Fish) & what’s more, the alleged flavors have absolutely no correlation to anything organic.
Another thing that bothers me is that these are not just “gummy bears”… I didn’t know this until after I’d bought it & opened the package, but it’s a bag of gummy bears AND some (an oddball amount, I don’t know how many) gummy worms— which you’d think would be the same, but oddly enough, they’re not. If I wanted gummy worms, I’d buy them.
They’re in there deliberately (upon closer inspection, it says so on the package) but it’s not clear why. No other candy company sells the 2 mixed together, floating around loose in one package. In spite of the “gummy” nature, there’s not really a flavor similarity & the combination makes no sense… if you thought you were buying gummy bears & just opened package, you’d probably think some sloppy; careless mistake at the cheap candy factory happened & the gummy worms fell in there, by accident… which, in turn, would make you say to yourself “OMG! I wonder what ELSE they let fall in there by accident?!”
So it’s a lot of candy, and it’s flimsy packaging too, a brittle plastic bag, the type low-budget manufacturers always use, the kind that you open (per their instruction to “tear here”) & then the bag splits open vertically & causes the contents to spill all over the floor of the car (or kitchen floor, counter, or the inside of your purse) & it always happens when you’re out somewhere or without a free hand to access tape or ziplock bags.
Nobody can eat 2 pounds of candy in one sitting. So regardless of price, common sense should just dictate: if you’re manufacture a 2+ lb bag of semi-perishable candy (budget priced, or not) it should always be resealable.
I hated this candy, but (theoretically) if I loved it, I’m sure I’d want it to stay fresh & not get all dried out, hard & stale.
For me, of course, all these questions are hypothetical or academic in nature…
because this candy was so bad, it’s is the only time in my life I’ve wished there were FEWER gummy bears in the package!
I’m sorry I bought it once, so unless I have occasion to punish my tastebuds or I develop a fondness for this product (unlikely) I do not foresee myself ever buying this again.
Ashley T.
My favorite snack now! I was a little weirded out that they were mixed bears and worms but I love it! They taste better than the good fruit snacks.
Amber A.
Clinton, IA
These are really good nice and soft and have good flavor I would recommend this to anyone that likes Gummi candy