Milena W.
Milena W.
Keyport, NJ

Do boy scouts and Girls Scouts do the same exact thing or different activities??
Stephanie T.
Stephanie T.
Oct. 12, 2014, 3:46 p.m.
No. Not only do activities vary between organizations but also between troops
Tiffany T.
Tiffany T.
Feb. 9, 2014, 12:12 a.m.
Boy scouts has a coed program for 14-21 year olds called Venturing. My daughter, a disenchanted Girl Scout, will be joining Venturing when she is old enough. BSA makes the same programs and camps available to Venture crews. My son is a Boy Scout, loves it, and my daughter wants to be one too so now she can be. I really doubt Boy Scouts will ever have a badge in comparison shopping, which is one of the choices for Girl Scouts in 6-7th grade.
Kirstie A.
Kirstie A.
April 14, 2013, 8:22 p.m.
The girl scouts are much different from the boy scouts. the girls were formed around the time when all women were house wives. So some of there badges are more of those do what we can from home, they try to form the girls to become proper young women and involved in non profit organizations by collecting donations and of course the selling of cookies. The boy scouts do all the raising money for non profit organizations as well, but there is more wilderness learning and teaching the boys to be respectful and responsible.
Angie K.
Angie K.
Jan. 3, 2013, 10:18 a.m.
The programs are different. Each BSA Pack or Troop is different, too.
Sarah Lee G.
Sarah Lee G.
Dec. 8, 2012, 11:37 a.m.
It completely depends on the leader and the parents involvement. I think BS allows more family participation whereas GS does not ever want any siblings or male family members around. Also GS is really revamping their program and changing it a lot, not necessarily for the better but it is alright. They offer similar things and different things. Another option to look at is if they have co-ed Camp Fire in your area. I would have much preferred that for my kids but it's not very active here and both BS and GS is.
Andrea W.
Andrea W.
Dec. 5, 2012, 7:33 a.m.
It all depends on the pack/troop they are involved in. Some packs are more active than others. Growing up my girls out troop did waaaaaay more than my brothers cubs out pack. Now that I have boys in scouts we shopped around and found a pack that is very active and does many things. But they both do the same types of things if you find active troops.
Michael L.
Michael L.
Nov. 27, 2012, 10:29 p.m.
From what I have gathered both orgs do similiar type of things. Some of it might follow along a stereotypical path but in general they teach the same ideas.
Krystle C.
Krystle C.
Nov. 27, 2012, 6:19 p.m.
I believe boy scouts are more active than girl scouts with more camping trips and outings.

Join Now