Boy Scouts of America

by Boy Scouts of America

Did you know girls can join the Boy Scouts now?
How long has your child been in Boy Scouts?
I wonder... do Boy Scouts sell cookies too?
Start your review of Boy Scouts of America !
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
This organization is wonderful for young boys to get involved in if they are interested in scouting and developing new skills and interest.in reviews
Great organization, my dad was a leader for a local troop that my brothers were a part of and I got to go to some of the outings and learned a lot that I still remember today. in reviews
If I wrote a review years ago, I would love this organization because it teaches great life skills and allows for charity to improve the community they are based in.in reviews
...program as a whole is a great program for young boys to become well rounded young men.in reviews
this is a great program for young boys my nephews are in it and they absolutely loved it and I have to say I love the popcornin reviews
Maricela F.
McMinnville , OR
I haven't seen as much involvement with them as I have with Girl Scouts, I would like to see them in schools more especially elementary age kids I think it be great to get these kids outdoors with a program like this when it can provide a great leader for the cubs!
Candy C.
Powder Spgs, GA
My sons both crossed over from webelos to boy scouts in February. They were super achiever webelos and we've been enjoying our first year as full blown scouts. We've been introduced to the wide variety of merit badges & have loved the opportunities that they wouldn't have anywhere else. The outdoor education is great and it keeps my boys active and fit. They also learn to be responsible, broaden their horizons mentally & make friends.
Aja S.
Lexington, NC
Boy Scouts of America  uploaded by Aja S.
I am a Cub Scout leader. My son is currently a Bear, soon to transition to a Webelos. This year, I've transitioned 2 5th grade Webelos over to the troop, where they are now working on their first rank as Boy Scouts. These reviews sing the praises of how great this is for the boys, and I agree, 100%, but until you're in it, you have no idea how amazing this is for the parents. In Cub Scouts, leaders and parents camp with the kids, the kids play and bond, (even the little sisters or brothers, we call them Cubbies) and the parents talk and bond. The boys can forge some amazing bonds with the other boys in their Pack or Troop, but when the parents bond, too... that's a stronger friendship, that's sleepovers, hanging out over the summer months, working on electives or religious requirements, that's inviting them to attend your church, or picking up their son on a Sunday because mom or dad had to work. Cub Scouts is not just for the kids, trust me. As a leader, I've gained knowledge and skills I wouldn't otherwise have. I'm Baloo trained, which is outdoor leader camping trained, I've learned how to address different learning styles and ability levels, to be inclusive of different needs (as in special needs, which is so important!) I will have to opportunity to volunteer my time for years, to receive even more training at the hands of other leaders, even have first aid training. I'm loving the leader life and encourage all of you with sons to find the right Pack for you starting at 1st grade. Some districts are piloting a Lion's program that starts in kindergarten. Go to beascout.org for more information
Debbi S.
While it seems BSA constantly makes headlines for their view on homosexuality and sexual misconduct, I have never known this to happen. We have many friends in Scouts, many who have their Eagle. My son is a Star and loves every minute of his scouting time. He has grown by leaps and bounds since he crossed over from Cubs.
Chelsea W.
Boy Scouts of American is an amazing way for children and adolescence to give back to their community personally my little brother raises thousands of dollars each year through a bottle drive to donate to a charity in need that year! He has become such a caring an independent young man because of his involvement
Kara Z.
Boy Scouts is a great group that gives our youth a direction in learning different skills that can be used later in life. It also teaches a sense of community with the support they are able to give back to their local community. I love it when I see the various projects in our community that are done through the Boy Scouts.
Ella P.
Portland, OR
Good Samaritan Expert Level 2
Great organization! My father, brother, and nephew have all been involved. My nephew is an Eagle Scout, and has gained COUNTLESS skills!
Emmie G.
I wish they would be more transparent about their flow of money and what they are doing to rectify issues that have come up.
Michelle E.
Johnson City, TN
All 3 of my boys are I'm not scouts and I loved it up until about 6 months ago when they started letting girls join. I may be mistaken but I thought it was called BOY scouts.. and I'm also pretty sure that I was in a group for girls called GIRL scouts. I do not have any issues with girls wanting to hike, swim, camp, fish, ect, instead of sewing, cooking, ECT. But that's why you make another group for girls that's like the same stuff the boys do. I put my boys in boy scouts to learn how to be a man... and learn to rely on themselves.... now how is a girl supposed to learn how to be a man?? They should have their own group. I'm all about equal rights and all that jazz but this is something sacred for boys.... They wouldn't let boys be in the girl scouts would they?!?!
TERRY D.
Southampton, PA
I love all of the F ratings from other reviewers when they know nothing about the organization other than what they've heard on the news. I've been involved with the Boy Scouts of America since 1990. I was Den Leader twice and was Pack Committee Chair for 6 years. Once we moved into the Troop, I was Secretary and then Advancement Chair for 7 years. My husband was Scoutmaster for 10 years. I'm proud to say that both our boys attained the rank of Eagle Scout. There is no other organization out there that can provide the experiences that Boy Scouts does. From outdoor and first aid skills to leadership, it's the single best educational opportunity that boys can be involved in that will help make them citizens of the world all while having fun.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...