BY BOUNTY #1 in Paper Towels

Ever try one of those 'bargain' paper towels and go through so many sheets that the roll just disappears? With Bounty®, the roll doesn’t disappear. Bounty® Select-A-Size™ paper towels are 2X more absorbent,* so you can use less. Bounty® quickly absorbs messes, so you can clean up and move on without wasting time or towels. Plus, it comes in a variety of sizes and prints, so you can choose the Bounty® paper towel that's just right for you and your family. Choose the paper towel you can count on: Bounty®, the longer-lasting Quicker Picker Upper.***Vs. the Custom-Size-It® brand in the U.S. and the Premium Green Leaf Towel in Canada.**Vs. leading ordinary brand.

• Do. You use these or different brand this is what i use1 Answers
  • Wonderful product, super soft, great to use every day.1 Answers
  • What other ways do you use this paper towel other than cleaning and...14 Answers
Sarah P.
Sarah P.
I usually buy my paper towels from the membership store, using their brand Kirkland so I was eager to see if I have been missing out on better performance. The short answer is, maybe a little for scrubbing, but at at a higher cost. The long answer is below.

I measured the Bounty as 28cm x 26 cm (11 inches by 10.2). The Kirkland brand pulls off in smaller sheets and it was 28cm by 18 cm. I actually like that you can get a smaller piece more easily from the Kirtland brand. Advantage Kirtland.

I then cut the Kirtland so it would have the same area as the Bounty and put them in water to test how much they could absorb. I put each in a bowl, saturated them, then lifted up and allowed to drip for the same amount of time, then weighed how much water they held. Both ranged from 45g to 52 g over 10 trials (1.6- 1.8oz) and there was no significant difference between the two (I ran a t test actually, and used this in my stat class). Yes, I know I am a nerd and my students laughed at me. Tie.

I then used them to scrub my cabinets using cleaner. Here the Bounty was a clear winner, it took longer to disintegrate than the Kirtland. Each sheet lasted about 3 cabinets, where the Kirtland lasted two. Advantage Bounty. This is the least scientific test, since it is difficult to completely control how hard you are scrubbing.

Now on to cost. I calculated this on area since each one has different sized sheets. I calculated the cost per area (rounded to nearest penny) as 25 cents per square meter for Bounty and 16 cents per square meter for Kirtland. That means a particular amount of Bounty costs 1.6 times as much as the Kirtland.
Gabriela N.
Gabriela N.
doral , FL
While Bounty Basic are not the softest, most absorbent paper towels, they are almost always the ones I buy. The reason is, I go through so many. I don't use one paper towel and make it go from mess to mess like commercials imply. That would be great. But I'm not the type who will even pre-wash a dish before it goes in the dishwasher, so I'm not going rinse out and reuse a paper towel.

If by accident I spill a half a bottle of vegetable oil on my counter while cooking, the dogs track in mud and get it everywhere, I'm making bacon and the grease splatters everywhere, it's going to take a number of sheets to clean it up, no matter how baby's bottom soft (or not) the paper towels are. Even their strength wont matter. I'm not washing grapes on them, I'll be wiping up messy stuff mixed with 409 or Windex. I just need a lots of them. So if I have to use a bunch, I want ones that are cheaper and more affordable.

Now there are even cheaper paper towels too. I've bought and used them. The problem I run into with those is they cross the line into being so cheap they aren't well made and can be harder to use. They don't peel from the roll properly, they're tissue paper thin and they tend to have very little absorbency.

Bounty Basic in right in the middle. They're not as absorbent and stronger more expensive paper towels, but still better made and work better than the rock bottom cheapest. For me, they' do everything I need a paper towel to do, for the lowest price, so they've been my go-to brand for years.
Verónica C.
Verónica C.
I almost hate to use these high quality towels for cleaning, but I'm a bit of a germaphobe and like to know I'm cleaning more germs than I'm spreading. Dishtowels and rags are 'greener' and I do use them for certain things. But when it's time to clean the house, or disinfect the bathroom, the paper towels come out, because it's just more sanitary.

These new Bounty duratowels are quite good and not as expensive as I would have expected. I normally get good quality store brand generics, but got these on a whim and really like them. They're strong, don't break apart when putting some extra elbow grease into a stubborn stain, and can absorb spills with repeated wipe-ups. We have a slow leak in the bathroom that the plumbers haven't found yet, so there's often a puddle that needs to be wiped up, and these handle the job with ease.

On one level, it feels a bit wasteful to use such good paper towels for cleaning, but then, that's what they're made for, so I'll just get over it. So long as the price remains competitive with my fave store generic, I'll keep getting these high quality paper towels. Like them a lot. Happy! ;oD
Divya R.
Divya R.
Camas, WA
Bounty is a nice quality paper towel, but it will cost more and there are a few things I want to mention.

First, I like it when paper towels have the option to tear off a half sheet. This roll of Bounty does not have that option. I find that I don’t really need a full sheet most times and reserve paper towels for certain functions (I will use a sponge to clean up most of the time). Unless you drop something on the floor and don’t want to clean it with a sponge. Just wipe and toss.

This roll also has a design on it, which is nice for hanging – looks pretty. But I use paper towels when cooking sometimes to absorb excess oil when I’m making zucchini slices in olive oil (a favorite of mine) and I like the plain white for that purpose. But this really depends on what you like and how you will use these.

These seem to be of good absorbency and equal to Brawney in that area. They are 100 times better than generic or store brands, as is likely obvious, but they cost a lot more.

So, overall, these are decorative and absorbent but maybe a few tweaks would make them even better.
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Yacolt, WA
You can title this review "why I like Bounty." We have used a lot of different paper towels over the years, from the cheapest to the most expensive. The problem with cheap paper towels is that they fall apart, and typically hold far less moisture than Bounty paper towels. So, when you use a cheap paper towel you have to use several sheets to achieve the same functionality that you get with one sheet of Bounty. We wondered whether the very expensive paper towels were better than Bounty, and tried them. In fact, there are expensive paper towels that hold more moisture and are more durable than Bounty, but we also found that we were throwing away the expensive paper towels because the stuff we wiped up we wanted in the garbage, and not moved on to another task.

We do bulk purchase our Bounty in the 15 roll package because we know that we will eventually use them all up. We use Bounty in the kitchen, the garage, and even outdoors. Bounty is great for windows, including car windows.
lexi b.
lexi b.
Bounty Paper Towels 6 Trial Rolls .The average household goes through about one trial roll of paper towels in less than one month, it makes sense to stock up on Bounty paper towels. The value of Bounty increases as the rolls get bigger with our Giant, Mega, and Huge rolls. And because some messes are bigger than others, Bounty Select-a-Size lets you choose how many sheets you need, depending on the size of the spill. And Bounty Prints has the same strength, absorbency, and durability of Bounty white, so you can soak up all the messes life can bring and look good doing it. Here's to a life where you can have fun without letting the thought of cleaning up hold you back! Thick and absorbent Bounty paper towels help you clean up quickly and easily--one sheet locks in the mess. So go ahead, jump into that art project or pour on the BBQ sauce. If you love Bounty paper towels, also try Bounty Quilted Napkins.
Mariah H.
Mariah H.
Boscawen, NH
I use these all the time and they are the best quality paper towel I've ever used. they are super absorbent and effective when I need to clean up a spill. They don't shred when you use them and have to scrub a little bit. They are a little pricey but not much more then everything else that is on the market for paper towels. I recommend them to anyone looking for a good paper towel.
Now the only problem that I have ever had with these paper towel is that sometimes it's hard to find the FULL SHEETS. It seems that they make an abundance of the half/select a size sheets but those are the worst things ever. I end up using so many more because they tear so randomly and 1 is never enough. So if you decide to use these make sure you specifically look for the full sheets and not select a size!
Radhika M.
Radhika M.
San Jose, CA
Bounty with Dawn are a must-have in my kitchen cleaning routine. It adds cleaning power of Dawn to the sturdy reliable Bounty paper towel. To use, wet the towel to activate lather and to wipe counters, stove, anything really that you need a bit of soap for (not for food-touching surfaces like plates or kiddos table though). Then rinse the towel under water and use it as you would a regular wet cloth to wipe surface clean. Toss after use. The towel holds up quite well - I have a small kitchen and 1 sheet takes care of my counters - and I love that I don't have to wash dirty cloths each day. It's a lot cleaner and easier for me.
Zola S.
Zola S.
Hamilton
I've bought bounty paper towels for the last 19 years and I've never been disappointed with this product! And with 5 boys there's always been plenty of messes that need cleaned up! The quality of the product meets my standards and then some. From small to large messes bounty papers towels has always been able to get the job done. I loved when they came out with the select a size rolls, it helped me save money by being able to choose the size right for the job! Thanks again bounty! If I had to rate this product I'd give it 5 stars 😊
Shana D.
Shana D.
Beaverton, OR
I used to be the type of person who thought any kind of paper towel would work for any job. The cheaper, the better - whatever was easiest on my wallet. Bounty was on sale, and I picked up a package - and it was almost life changing. I don't need to use an entire roll to clean up a spill or two.

Seriously, it makes a difference. These have awesome absorbency and I am not having to buy paper towels as often. In the long run, I am actually spending LESS. Plus, select a size? You could say it rivals sliced bread.
Kim B.
Kim B.
How does this compare to the bargain brand?
Shelly G.
Shelly G.
Las Vegas, NV
Is it truly the quicker pocket upper? Lol
Daisey C.
Daisey C.
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Is it better than the Costco brand?
Ilyssa C.
Ilyssa C.
Jersey City, NJ
Are these really made of paper?
Michele B.
Michele B.
Naples, ME
Wouldn't you agree that these are one of the toughest paper towels out there to handle those rough cleaning jobs?