BeautyFaceFacial SkincareBotanics
Shine Away Clay Face Mask - 34 fl oz

Botanics Shine Away Clay Face Mask - 3.4 fl oz

by Botanics

Ideal for oily skin; this skin mask, infused with Willowbark extract, helps remove excess sebum, dirt and dead skin cells which can cause blemishes. Oceanic minerals, with natural extract from the bark of the black willow tree, help to draw out impurities and reduce the appearance of pores, leaving skin visibly clearer and smoother looking. Great to use as a spot treatment or focused on oily areas such as the T-zone.

How to Use:
Apply to cleansed skin once a week. Smooth a generous layer of mask over the face and neck, avoiding eyes. Let sit for ten minutes. Wipe away with tissues and rise with warm water.

Use With:
Botanics Shine Away Day Cream, Botanics all Bright Foaming Cleanser, Botanics Organic Toning Spritz

Precautions:
Avoid contact with eyes. If product gets into eyes rinse well with water immediately.

Inactive ingredients

Sea Silt (Natural Oceanic Clay), Aqua (Water), Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract.

Is this good for oily skin ?
Is it safe for sensitive skin?
How often are you supposed to use this? - Trying to get a good idea, given concerns that it dries out skin a bit too much.
Start your review of Botanics Shine Away Clay Face Mask - 3.4 fl oz!
Connie C.
San Bruno, CA
I love this clay mask! It makes my skin very soft, although a bit dry (I have combo skin) but it really feels like it's pulling out oils and dirt from my skin. I usually use this mask on a freshly washed, steamed face so that my pores are very open and the mask can penetrate deeply. I usually leave it on for less than 10 minutes to just about where it's almost fully dry and then I wash it off right away to prevent it from drying out my skin too much. I don't know how helpful this is with actually cleaning or reducing acne, but it feels good and is fun so I'll keep using it! It has a , well, clay smell but it's not too unpleasant. I got this from a Voxbox!
Kenly I.
Marina Dl Rey, CA
Botanics Shine Away Clay Face Mask - 3.4 fl oz uploaded by Kenly I.
Probably one of the best clay masks I've used. The texture is slippery and sandy and drys quickly leaving a bright tone green. Comes off easy and you can feel your pores breathing again.
Aspiring D.
Purchased at: Walgreens
Found Botanics Shine Away Clay Face Mask - 3.4 fl oz on sale at Walgreens from $15.99 to $1.99, plus it was bogo! So I had to try it and I was pleased. I would say I have more of a normal to combination skin rather than oily/combo skin. I applied it while running my bath and it had already started to dry very quickly, which was a nice change from some mask. It was very easy to wash off and not harsh at all. My skin felt very clean and tight without feeling dried out like some mask leave you feeling. The directions say to shake well and even though I did, it was a little messy, but very quick and easy to clean up. I would recommend this and would like to try more Botanics products or products like it! Oh and it’s pretty “clean” which is always always a plus! ❤️
Julia S.
I received this product complimentary from Influenster. The first things I noticed with this product was the simple and short ingredients list; only 4-5 I believe and the lack of fragrance. So was very eager to give this a try! Washed skin squeaky clean with a pore scrubbing wash and smeared on this thick, paint like clay onto my face. Trying to avoid scaring anyone, I sat there patiently waiting for the mask to dry. The wait was easier then other mask due to the lack of more eye irritating ingredients. The package said something along the lines of wiping off mask afterwards with a towel, but found this way too painful due to how dry the mask had become; feeling like sand paper running across my face with every wipe. So gave up on that and opted to wash off instead (much easier and less messy.) The results? Not as much as I expected. Sure, my complexion was a tiny bit clearer and certainly less shiny-- but was hoping for more. But perhaps this is more meant for mattefying the skin then for the clearing of it. In which case, this is a nice product although it has a hefty price tag that would probably prevent me from buying it very often. So if you have oily skin, and looking to achieve a more matte appearance, then give this a try.
Kassandra T.
Thanks to Influensters #JadoreVoxBox I was able to test this product out completely free. I was 100% satisfied and I would actually spend my money and go out and buy this product. It left my face feeling smooth, clean, and moisturized.. yet my face wasn't left feeling oily like it does when I use other face products.
Morgan T.
Just tried the Boots Beauty clay mask from my Influenster #JAdoreVoxBox. I'm in LOVE! I've never used a face mask before but I'm really impressed. Application was a bit messy but once I got the hang of it I was able to get it all over my face and not my shirt! It dried up within 3minutes and was very tight! It rinsed off fast and now my face feels soft and looks very evened out- tone wise! I will definitely be looking for this product and brand for my face cleansing needs!
Chi H.
Botanics Shine Away Clay Face Mask - 3.4 fl oz uploaded by Chi H.
Purchased at: ULTA
Since I have an oily combination on my face, I love this clay mask. It's not too thick or too thin and I can apply evenly. For only ten minutes I can relax and let the mask do it's thing. It detox and suck out all the impurities and the oils after I already wash my face and toner on it. Easy to wash off too. My skin feels so soft and pores looks better too.
Brittney D.
Pearland, TX
I have had to stop myself from using this everyday ever since I got it in my voxbox! I had a small blemish that literally disappeared (or become too small to see) once I rinsed it off. My face feels so soft and clean after using it. I love it!
Amber D.
Wylie, TX
Botanics Shine Away Clay Face Mask - 3.4 fl oz uploaded by Amber D.
Botanics Shine Away Clay Face Mask - 3.4 fl oz uploaded by Amber D.
I just tried this mask for the first time today (as seen in my video), and I have to say, this is very disappointing for a clay mask! I have the 1 oz travel/mini size of this mask, and so glad I didn't pay full price for the larger one. First off, it is SUPER LIQUIDY. The directions read: shake well before use. I shook the bottle for a few minutes, and when I removed the cap, product was pouring out. I never even had to squeeze the bottle to dispense product; that's how liquidy it it. With it being so liquidy, the product went on very sheer and thin. Which makes it difficult to "apply generously" or a "thick layer". I could barely get it to stick on the bridge of my nose. In result, I felt like I had to use a bunch of product to achieve something close to that. The mask dries down very soft, which I kind of liked, because most clay masks dry down really hard and you can't move your face. With this mask, i still had a lot of allowed movement in my face without it cracking. Which is exceptionally great when you have to leave the mask on for 10 mins. After 10 minutes, I removed the mask, and again, it was really easy to remove. Another plus! No hard scrubbing or excessive water use. This is when I started thinking, "Maybe this mask will actually work well?!" But after removing it and inspecting my face, I honestly did not see or feel much difference. My face didn't feel baby smooth, not did my pores look any cleaner or smaller. It actually feels like there's a slight powdery finish after removing it with warm water and letting my face dry. So maybe that's where the "shine away" comes into play? Over all thoughts: save your coin and get a different clay mask! 2/5 stars
Cristal V.
San Diego, CA
This line once again is my all time favorite tge top of my list. Especially for me, since i dont really have a varetiy to pick from.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...