BY BOSCIA #23 in Setting Spray

A fine mist that minimizes pores, gently mattifies, and sets makeup while keeping skin hydrated. White Charcoal helps keep moisture locked in and provides long-term skin benefits. Skin is left shine-free yet hydrated, and makeup is locked in place. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates This product is free of preservatives, artificial fragrances and colors, gluten, and ethanol alcohol. It is dermatologist tested. see more...

• I have been really wanting to try this! It is however kind of pri...3 Answers
  • Does this really mattify your skin?3 Answers
  • I have extremely oily skin, does this work to mattify the face? A...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Polo E.
Polo E.
Review for: boscia White Charcoal Mattifying MakeUp Setting Spray 5.07 oz
SO I tested this spray out with a sample from Sephora at first but samples cannot truly test out a product like this so I invested in the $38 product because I am pretty desperate to find anything that keeps my face matte being as I have very oily skin. At first while using it it left white spots on my face but recently it hasn't been that way. Just shake it SUPER well. I tried just setting my actual make up with it and it keeps me matte for about 2 to 3 hours at most and I don't know about you but when I invest $40 in a product I don't want to have to carry it around all day spraying my face, for that I would use my blotterazi. So after not staying matte I used the product as a primer and an after setting spray and I find my best result to be using it that way, I'll stay matter just a LITTLE longer. I'm not in love with the product, I think it's a little over priced but then again everyone's skin is different and what doesn't work for me can work for you. I don't see myself re buying.
Kristie J.
Kristie J.
Lebanon, IN
This is a pretty good setting spray, I have a couple of the deluxe sample sizes that are perfect for travel and it does help keep you makeup stay in place. If you keep it in the refrigerator it can be used as a great refreshing spray as well.

The main issues I have with this spray is that the product is thick, like gel, so it doesn't spray evenly at all.

And it doesn't last as long as other setting sprays I use. In hot & humid weather it only last for around 4 hours before my makeup starts to look like a hot mess. In cooler weather it tends to last about 6 hours.
This is a big deal for me because I work in customer service/event planning so I need to look polished and put together not sweaty and my face melting off, lol.

I will use what I have, mainly for the refreshing mist but I highly doubt that I will buy this.
Marielenna G.
Marielenna G.
Lake elsinore , CA
Review for: boscia White Charcoal Mattifying MakeUp Setting Spray 5.07 oz
I cannot tell you enough how much I love this product! I have a very oily t-zone so it's very hard for me to stay matte throughout the day. It is extremely lightweight for the oil control it does. The one thing I have heard from some people is that it leaves little white dots on the face but you just need to shake it really well being that it has white charcoal in the actual bottle that settles at the bottom or up the side since I lay mine down in my makeup box. I use it three times during my makeup routine ( I know it sounds excessive but it works for me). I spray after my moisturizer, apply my primer, let that set, spray again, let dry completely, do my makeup and one last time before I apply my lashes. It works wonders with how oily my t-zone is and I will not switch to another setting spray ever again!
Caroline W.
Caroline W.
I was pleasantly surprised by this setting spray. I have combo skin -- oily t-zone, dry everywhere else. I was jaded from past experiences with mattifying products, as most of the time, they did nothing. This actually works quite well. I use it in conjunction with the Urban Decay All-Nighter setting spray. I start with this spray, and try to focus it mainly in my t-zone area. I follow with the Urban Decay spray all over my face. This really keeps the shine at bay longer than anything else i've tried. Is it perfect? No, and I don't love it all over my face alone (too matte), so 1 star off. It's also pricey, but the bottle is huge. Make sure you shake it really well before spraying.
Krista X.
Krista X.
Review for: boscia White Charcoal Mattifying MakeUp Setting Spray 5.07 oz
HOLY. GRAIL. SETTING. SPRAY. When I tell you I spritz this on approximately 100 times a day at work, I'm only just barely exaggerating. It's amazing. It sets makeup and keeps you looking matte without having to use blotting papers that move your makeup all over your face and muck up your flawless complexion. As long as your skin is properly hydrated, even the driest skins can use this product to achieve a matte finish. I was very skeptical when I first saw this on the shelves, but then I sprayed my face, and now I'm a believer. It sits right in a place of glory on the front of my vanity. Love it.
Gabrielle A.
Gabrielle A.
Review for: boscia White Charcoal Mattifying MakeUp Setting Spray 5.07 oz
Buying this product was a great decision. The reason some people complain about having white specks on their face is because they do not shake the bottle first. I have oily skin and this kept my makeup on all day. I had my makeup on from 6:00pm-4:30 am and it looked exactly the same with no touch ups. I didn’t use this as a primer so I am not sure how well it works to prevent foundation from settling into pores and fine lines, but as a finish setting spray (I used it before I applied mascara so it didn’t smudge) I would recommend it!
Theresa S.
Theresa S.
Springfield, MO
Review for: boscia White Charcoal Mattifying MakeUp Setting Spray 5.07 oz
I definitely think this helps the longevity of my makeup and helps mattify a little bit. It doesn't break me out or irritate my super sensitive. I absolutely love that this setting spray doesn't have alcohol in it! I've tried the urban decay all nighter setting spray and the one for oily skin but I definitely prefer this one!! The urban decay ones irritated my skin. I will definitely be repurchasing. I also haven't had any trouble with it leaving white dots on my face or clothes I just shake it up really well before I use it.
Kollina D.
Kollina D.
Syracuse, NY
Review for: boscia White Charcoal Mattifying MakeUp Setting Spray 5.07 oz
I use this setting spray every day. Every. Single. Day. I find that it's the only thing that will keep my oily skin at bay. Of course it won't completely alleviate the issue, but I can reapply it throughout the day when needed and it absorbs any excess oil without disrupting my makeup. For those long days when my makeup would usually be busted AF, this has been a game changer. There's a decent amount of product in it and it's very effective, so I have no problem with the price. I love this spray so much!
Justine-Renee J.
Justine-Renee J.
Review for: boscia White Charcoal Mattifying MakeUp Setting Spray 5.07 oz
This is my new favourite setting spray! One of the girls at sephora recommended it to me because she too has oily skin and we feel like all the setting sprays out there just aren't made for us.

This baby keeps my makeup perfect all day/night! Definitely recommend this for my fellow oily girls.

One thing to note however, hold the bottle as far as possible away from your face as it is a white liquid so if a big white blob gets on your skin it dries white. Its no big deal just something to be mindful of.
Schyeler M.
Schyeler M.
Las Vegas, NV
I'm always looking for a good mattifying primer and/or setting spray so I was excited to try this out against its claims.

It says it can be used as a primer, setting spray, and even as a refresher on top of make up.

I'm currently using it as a primer and setting spray and have noticed a huge difference in make up longevity, as well as oil control during the day. I had been using UD's De-Slick for lack of anything better and it worked pretty well --- this one out-performs UD by a long shot.
Londyn B.
Londyn B.
Does anyone know if this will be made into a travel size?
Alyssa M.
Alyssa M.
How good is this?
Laveeta C.
Laveeta C.
How effective is this? I saw my favorite YouTuber review it and I think I'm going to buy it. I have extremely oily skin and I'm usually blotting my face by 9:30 am at work. How effective is this and I use the Becca primer and I'm still oily, HELP!!!
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
How does this compare to the urban decay setting spray? I recently saw this at sephora and am tempted to purchase it. Does it work well to truly mattify and keep makeup on lock?
Alyssa R.
Alyssa R.
Riverside, CA
Does this really mattify your skin?