boscia Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder

A thorough yet gentle exfoliating powder that produces smoother, brighter skin. Gentle enough for everyday use and for all skin types, Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder removes debris and oil from pores and skin's surface while providing long-term deep-hydration and antiaging benefits. The grains of this powder are dried and then coated in Tsubaki Oil. Once activated with water, Tsubaki Oil is released to completely veil and treat the skin, creating a silky-smooth, brighter complexion. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates This dermatologist tested product is free of preservatives, artificial fragrances, color, gluten, and ethanol alcohol. Japanese exfoliating powders have been used for hundreds of years for smooth, youthful-looking complexions. Traditionally Adzuki Beans/Rice Bran are mixed with Tsubaki Oil boscia's innovation.

How do I use it?
Is it good to use everyday? How long do I need to leave it on face? Is it a mask or cleanser?
Did anyone else feel like the bottle didn't look full when they opened it? Mine seemed like it was only 3/4 full. Not sure if I got a bad one or this is how they're packaged.
Start your review of boscia Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“...of but i wouldn't label it an 'exfoliate' unless you have SUPER SUPER sensitive skin. My routine is, this, then the boscia black cleanser, then the boscia black moisturizer. I use nip&fab glycolic serum at night, and since I added this my skin has definently improved. Like I said, soooo soft and smooth after just one use. I wanted to keep touching my face :x hahah” in reviews
“...well. The scent is subtle, refreshing, and the product is surprisingly moisturizing. It leaves my skin so soft and smooth. Like a baby's bottom. ” in reviews
Gardendale, AL
Purchased at: TJ Maxx
This is one of my favorite cleansers. I have combination skin and this works great to lightly exfoliate my dry flakes and absorb the extra oil without leaving my skin feeling dry and tight. My skin can be a little sensitive and this works great without leaving me red or breaking me out.
Washington DC
smells nice, could do without added fragrance. my main problem was the consistency i found it very difficult to get it to exfoliate without it being too pasty or watery to do anything that would help
Ashburn
I like boscias products and this is not an exception. I like that its gentle on my skin, although i only use it once or twice a week when i shower instead of using a cleanser in the shower. Its lasted me a long time which I like, but when it gets wet it clumps a little bit but i can get over that. My biggest problem is with the brand and not the product. Boscia is not cruelty free and I found this out only after I decided to use only cruelty free brands. I still use it because throwing it away would do nothing to "stick it to the man" but I wont repurchase.
Boston
I love the boscia Exfoliating Powder! This was my go to skin care product for a long time in conjunction with the boscia Oil-Gel cleanser. It is a rice powder that you pour into your hands and mix with a bit of water. I would use this daily in the shower to clean my face. If you have not tried a rice powder exfoliator get one in your life now! It leaves your skin feeling so soft and smooth without irritating it at all. It's gentle enough to use everyday without drying your skin out. It doesn't leave you feeling tight at all. Rather, my skin would look clean, smooth and hydrated. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone that likes soft, clear skin and would buy again in a heart beat!
San Antonio, TX
I bought this because it was extremely inexpensive (on clearance at TJ Maxx) and I was desperate to find a gentle cleanser without unnecessary ingredients or SLS before leaving on a trip. The only cleansers I've used for the last year or so have been LRP's Toleraine in both the dry and oily formulas, depending upon my skin's needs (they were on sale - buy one get one free, you understand).
Anyhoo, shortly after falling in love with the Timeless vitamin C serum, I read that niacinamide, like copper, is not compatible w/ vitamin C.  Of course, Toleraine contains lots of niacinamide :/.  So I will be using it only when I take breaks from vitamin C  and/or on my body and 7 year-old son's delicate skin.  The benefit of this powder is that it contains no active ingredients that could interact with other products and is very gentle.  It left my skin feeling clean & soft, but not at all tight or stripped.
It would probably be great for someone living in a dry climate, as a gentle morning cleanser (when there's no makeup to remove) or after a peel, but I would not use this exclusively for fear it wouldn't properly do the job.   However, I did exactly that while on vacation and my skin stayed soft and clear.  It even removed my makeup!  Of course, it wasn't forced to do the heavy-lifting, as it were, since I usually double-cleanse, using an oil-based makeup remover or micellar water prior to cleanser.
Although I chose the option stating I wouldn't buy this product again, that's only true under my current circumstances (living in a very humid climate).  If I was specifically looking for a gentle powder cleanser, lived in a dry climate or was older and had more fragile skin, and could get it inexpensively again (TJ Maxx bargain bin), I probably would re-purchase.  However, I'd probably transfer it into a large glass powder dispenser with a strong re-closeable seal.  I hated having to pour this into my hand, as I always ended up with too much and worried about getting water into the bottle.
Louisville, KY
I like the smell. It is a little DIY. I don't think they exfoliates my skin well, but that being said I think it's gentle. My skin feels nice and clean after use. I would recommend this product for someone wanting to add vibrancy to their skin.
Santa Rosa, CA
I LOVED this cleanser with all of my heart and unfortunately can’t find it anywhere anymore! It lasts FOREVER since you add your own liquid, you can customize to be as exfoliating or smooth as you desire, and it made my skin so soft! 100% worth the price and desperately hoping I can find this on shelves again someday.
I liked this product! I feel like it lasted a long time which everyone loves to hear when they're buying more "luxury" products. I don't remember this breaking the bank though. It worked well with my sensitive skin and routine. Would recommend!
boscia Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder uploaded by Brandy D.
I'm giving this a five star rating because my girl Sarah Boe Loves this so much and I trust her. I've already reviewed this because when I saw it in T.J. Maxx I couldn't get over the fact that the container was not sealed. But I'm giving it a second chance because I adore Sara and trust her opinion on beauty products :) I will update my review after using.
Brooklyn, NY
boscia Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder uploaded by Sarah T.
To be honest, I didn't love this product on its own. It's a great concept but I found it wasn't really exfoliating or I couldn't get the ratio of water to powder right. BUT I had an epiphany the other day that made me love this so much more! I purchased the glossier milky jelly cleanser and wasn't impressed with the smell and thought it needed a little more exfoliating power. So what did I do? Sprinkle a little bit of this powder into my glossier cleanser and BAM the perfect hybrid was born. I would recommend giving this a shot or adding to your cleanser whenever you need some extra scrub power.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...