BY BOSCIA #13 in Makeup Remover

A deep-cleansing blend of botanical oils that dissolves makeup and impurities while refreshing congested skin. Discover this decidedly different and extremely gentle way to thoroughly purify your complexion. This preservative-free solution effectively breaks up all makeup, dissolves impurities, and washes away all residue. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Synthetic Fragrances- Synthetic Dyes- Phthalates- GMOs- Triclosan Ideal for all skin types, including sensitive skin.

Buy on Sephora
Ana E.
Ana E.
Edinburg, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ill begin this review by saying I have oily skin so a sales representative recommended I try out this product to fight oil with oil. As much as i love putting makeup on, I LOVE taking my makeup off and the feeling of a fresh bare face. I first tried this product by putting a dime sized amount onto my fingertips + a splash of water and then rubbed the product on my face (full of makeup btw) and you can see where the oil is breaking down the makeup. I then proceed to wash off the oil + the makeup and its really hard to actually get the oil off your face with using just water alone. I then have to grab a face towel and wipe the oil and makeup from my face. I usually use a makeup wet towelette remover afterwords and I still notice I pick up makeup even after using the cleansing oil.

I have tried using the oil on its own (rubbing it by itself onto my face) then attempting to take it off with water and I still have to use a face towel to take off all the makeup. Usually the face towel is covered with makeup since trying to wash off the oil and makeup is really difficult. I don't like the feeling I get afterwords, and i don't know if its just me, but i don't feel like my face is clean after using this product.

Packaging is great and easy to use. Product doesn't have a bad smell.

I will most likely not be buying this product again.
Shelly W.
Shelly W.
San Jose, CA
I purchased this product when I had a coupon to Sephora, so I actually was able to pay only $16.00 for it. Unlike other cleansing oils that I have used, this cleansing oil looks like it is a blend of several oils – jojoba, rose hip, palm oil, eucalyptus oil and other botanical oils. This product also contains menthol, hence the “cooling” name in the title.

A benefit is that this product has no parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances or dyes, GMOS or triclosan – which might work great for those of you with extremely sensitive skin. It does have a very thick consistency, a lot thicker than the DHC Cleansing Oil. Sometimes it feels like you are smoothing a glob of small, gel-like beads across your skin. You can definitely feel a layer between your fingers and your skin when you are massaging it in. I generally use about 3-4 pumps of the product and it is more than enough to remove my make-up.

In terms of make-up removal, it is fantastic in removing face-makeup but not so much for my eyeliner and mascara. You would need to follow up with another eye makeup removing when using this cleansing oil.

If it wasn’t for the price, I believe that I would definitely use this cleansing oil because it is so easily accessible in the US. I loved it while I had it!
Nathalie F.
Nathalie F.
Palm desert, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
This boscia makeup- breakup cleansing oil is a great first step to any skin care regime. This oil can be applied to dry skin to begin breaking apart your makeup, sunscreen, dirt and grime. Once water is added to the mix you are left with a milky type texture. I would not rely solely on this product for cleansing as i feel that the consistency of the oil is too heavy to be able to do a deep cleanse. But it is perfect as your make up remover or first cleanse. The scent is fairly light, the packaging is in a pump and plastic bottle. With boscia you don't pay for the beautiful packaging but rather the great product inside. My only con is that due to the packaging it is not easy to travel with and that i don't feel as though this product will leave too much hydration behind.
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Pittsburgh, PA
This feels nice when you first use it, it's like a slip n slide but it removes most of your makeup. Of course when you use it over the eyes, mascara ends up everywhere and when you go to wash it off the oil will end up in your eyes clouding over your vision no matter what you do because it's on your eyelashes. It leaves a slight residue behind but this is only the first cleanse so that'll be taken care of with the 2nd... Why did I spend so much on a makeup remover? Because it felt nice and some nights we do a FULL face and need a heavier remover than water, that's why, but as nice as this oil is, it still takes a long while to break through that foundation layer.
Cassandra C.
Cassandra C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I picked this up on a whim at Sephora because I needed to spend a little more for a free gift. I wasn't planning on using it for awhile, but when I mentioned to a friend I got it, she raved about it, so I decided to try it last night after using a makeup remover cloth and it did a good job cleaning up my skin.

I decided to be "risky" and try using it tonight with no wipe before. So, I used this followed by a foaming cleanser and all my make up came off so easily! I couldn't believe it when I wipe my face with cotton and toner that there was no residue! This is totally worth the price and now I can skip cleaning sipes which always tug and irritate my skin!
Kathryn C.
Kathryn C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use this cleansing oil as a first cleanser, followed by a foaming cleanser, or wiped off with a makeup remover wipe. I have dehydrated skin that can be flaky on my forehead and cheeks but oily through my t-zone. I find this cleansing oil to be hydrating and it does a really good job of removing my face makeup (can't attest to its eye makeup removing abilities because I use a separate remover for that). While I think the oil works great, it does have a strong, tea-tree-like scent, so if you're sensitive to smell this may not be for you. I am docking one star for the fragrance, as well as because I find it to be rather expensive.
Kara B.
Kara B.
What a cool product! A girl at Sephora recommended it to me and I'm glad she did. I use this to remove all of my makeup. I love that you apply it to a dry face. It does a great job of breaking up all of my makeup, and I certainly wear quite a bit on most days. It even breaks down my eye makeup without any irritation. I used to use olive oil to remove makeup which essentially does the same thing except down not wash out as easily, leaving your skin oily and actually more prone to breakouts. This is different because once you wash it off there is no oily residue remaining. I would recommend this and buy it again.
Yaneisi I.
Yaneisi I.
Fort Myers, FL
I love Boscia's Purifying Cleansing Gel and Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel. I decided to try this cleanser since it's specifically named as a make up remover. I followed the directions (apply to dry skin) and I am not happy with the outcome. I have used their other cleansers to remove my eye makeup and the two I listed above work great! This cleanser leaves behind my eyeliner on the top lid and eye liner residue from lining my waterline. I did not experience this with the other two cleansers. After using this, I feel like a oily residue on my face and use another clarifying cleanser just to remove it.
Alexis P.
Alexis P.
Katy, TX
This is a holy grail makeup remover! I absolutely can't get enough of this stuff! This oil is amazing at removing all your makeup, even tough mascara and eyeliner! And I know some of you are probably thinking oil on oily skin is just going to end badly, but I promise you if that's what you're worried about, you'll be fine. It doesn't have any bad side effects on my skin and actually leaves it incredibly moisturized after I use it. This is perfect for lazy days when you just want your makeup off and a clean face all in one. After using this, you'll never want to go back to makeup wipes again!
Helen L.
Helen L.
Gainesville, FL
I've been using a micellar water as the first step in my night time cleansing routine for several months now. While I like having that extra first step, I have yet to find a solution that doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I picked up the smaller bottle of this on a whim and have used it for a few days so far, and so far it is PERFECT. The texture is soft and light, but it also feels like it does a really good job of gently cleansing my skin. When I wash my face (my step 2), it rinses away nicely, unlike the micellar water product I've been using. I will definitely continue using this.
Megan D.
Megan D.
Where can I buy this product? Sounds like something I would love!
Allison B.
Allison B.
Florence, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
How good is this at removing mascara?
Charlee S.
Charlee S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does this burn your eyes or irritate them at all?
Monica G.
Monica G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How really good is this makeup breakup oil and it worth it?
Madison R.
Madison R.
Georgetown , ON
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this good for oily skin?? How does this leave your skin feeling ?