BY BOSCIA #65 in Face Masks

The original black mask and reigning fan favorite, Luminzing Black Mask is a peel-off mask powerhouse that unveils a post-peel glow worth sharing. Chock-full of powerful antioxidants like activated charcoal and vitamin C, this powerfully detoxifying mask leaves your skin feeling flawlessly fresh and clean, while helping to minimize the appearance of pores and enhance radiance.

Buy on Sephora
  • "The Black Mask is a peel-off clay mask, which is kind of wild!! It's for oily skin and is supposed to have “detoxifying, purifying, and brightening effects.” I layered it on pretty thick and it really did its job exfoliating! Seriously, when they say don’t put on the sensitive skin around your eyes, they mean leave a wide berth! It was hard to tell though exactly how great it was regarding oily skin, given that we’re in the midst of winter and my skin is relatively dry. I discovered that I do like using it on my nose, which needs some heavy-duty help!" in 403 reviews
Rachel H.
Haskell, TX
I received this Boscia Luminizing Black Mask as a free sample to review from Influenster a couple of days ago. YES! it is a peel-off mask. My first impression - scary and painful. I would suggest to use a mask applicator (like in the pic) because it could get messy. This will stain your towels so be careful. To test it out, I applied it on my chin, nose and forehead - no pain and irritations (which is good). I then used it all over my face, now on areas that have lots of facial hairs, it did hurt a little but tolerable. If you can't tolerate the pain - stop and just wash it off with water. The best way to use this product (for me), is to apply it in sections (like chin and forehead only or chin and nose only) and then work your way up. The next morning, my skin felt smooth to touch. The texture has really improved and looking closely, my pores looked so clean - it literally cleared my pores! However, if you have severe pore issues, I don't think this product will have a good impcy immediately - for me this is a good skin/pore ”maintenance” product. Again, this is a complimentary product for review but all opinions are my own.
Auna E.
Kelso , WA
Got my free #voxbox from @influenster today! This @boscia face mask was AMAZING. I'll start with what I didn't enjoy about it. It is meeeeesssyyy. Super common for peel off charcoal masks, but this was was a little harder to remove from my hands and silicone brush. It has Pine Extract in it, which made it smell delightful, but it also burned my eyes pretty bad until it dried. Now onto the good. It pulled EVERYTHING from my pores. I mean you could see just gunk build up on the mask after I pulled it off. It was super easy to remove, and left little for me to wash off (which hasn't been the case for other peel off masks I've tried). It left my skin feeling soft and glowy for hours after, and I noticed a decrease in pore size like it promised. I will for sure be purchasing this product!
Kim S.
WILL GIVE YOU GLOWING SKIN!!!

I've tried sooo many different mask to help with my pores, and this is by far my favorite! It does take a minute to get use to it, but trust me...it is worth it in the end! My skin always looks sooo much better after using!

I've heard a lot of people complain about it hurting, not coming off easy and even some having a little redness afterwards. I would recommend first, washing your face in warm water to open up your pores, then make sure you put a thick layer on, this will make it peel of easier(give it time to dry). If it's a thin layer, it will come off in pieces.  Also, when applying, leave a nice circle around the eyes(to prevent irritation), try and prevent any from getting in your hairline and make it a little thicker on the edges to pull it off easier. If you do get it in your eyebrows or hairline, use warm water or facial oil to get it out.  Then once your done, finish it off with a good rinse in cold water to close up those opened exposed pores.

Your skin will feel so soft and have a nice glow! I never understood all the hype until I finally broke down and tried it, now my skin and I'm are so thankful I finally listened! boscia Luminizing Black Charcoal Mask
Erika L.
Temple, TX
 I received this product for free in my #voxbox from #influenster and I have to say I absolutely LOVE it. I was a little worried at first because I had seen videos and saw review where people said it hurt to peel off but that was not the case at all!!! It went on smooth and kinda tingled a bit then once it dried it was so easy to peel all of it off at once!!! My skin was sooo smooth afterwards it was amazing. I did leave it on longer than the suggested 30 minutes because it wasn't completely dry by that point so maybe 45 minutes and I could actually FEEL when it had finished drying. The only downside was I got the mask a bit too close to my eyes so they watered and burned a bit but after the mask dried there were no issues at all. I would suggest leaving a WIDE area around your eyes. Other than the last thing I just absolutely LOVE this mask and will definitely be purchasing it again.
Aurora 👩.
Griffith, IN
I'm so in love with this peel off charcoal face mask! I've really been looking for something to brighten my complexion and fix some impurities on my chin and nose, and I was highly impressed with how well this mask worked! It left me feeling super clean. I'm so beyond grateful Boscia sent me this complimentary to test and review. I'll be using this face mask from now on! #anastasiabeverelyhills #mua #makeup #makeuptutorial #makeupartist #selftaught  #selftaughtmua #beautyinfluencer #influencer #katvond #katvondbeauty #tarte #ardell #lancome #morphe #jaclynhill #nikkietutorials #highlighter #eyeshadow #fakelashes #contour #eyebrows #ulta #sephora #beauty #beautiful #looks #dipbrowpomade #cosmetology #esthetician #boscia #influenster #complimentary #contest
Chelly B.
torrance, CA
I received this product for free from influenster and boscia to use, and give an honest review!This mask has a nice odor, it goes on very easily, you can feel the mask tightening as it dries. At this point i thought i was in love! Upon mask removal, I practically wanted to cry! peeling off this mask was SO painful, it pulled all my facial "peach hairs" off with it! no wonder my face was soft after removing the mask.  I have pretty normal skin,  and this mask made me break out in places i have never broken out before.  i have tried again since the initial application (waited 2 weeks) and it made me break out again, the second time i only did it in a certain place on my face, and yet again i broke out.. i am so sad that this product didn't work for me, but i am sure it works wonders for others. the concept and idea is kind of cool but lacking results on my side.
Patrice C.
Abita Springs, LA
I tried out Boscia Luminizing Black Mask tonight for the first time. My face feels very clean and kinda amazing right now.

Did it hurt coming off?? - Surprisingly not very much at all. I found that my skin closest to my eyes was slightly sensitive when peeling it off. Otherwise it was basically painless.

Did it smell? No not really. It doesn't smell good or bad. It doesn't have much of an order.

What's it feel like? It felt cool going on the skin. When it dried (about 35mins) it felt like stiff and thin like wax paper.

Would I recommend this? YES!! I definitely will be using this again in the future for my skin care! Very impressed !

#beauty #skincare #voxbox #complimentary #contest #boscia #Influenster
This is the first Charcoal mask I have used and I have to say I didn't know what to expect, I've seen a lot of Facebook horror videos so I was a little weary at first, but I definitely was curious to give it a try for myself.
The mask dries pretty quickly (less than the suggested 25 minutes as long as you didn't lather it on too thick), peeling it off was a little tough to start, I suggest starting with an area of tougher skin - think nose and go from there. Any you don't want to tug off washes off easily in the sink leaving behind hardly any mess at all, washes easily off hands and the vanity itself.
My skin felt smooth afterwards and I only used a little bit of moisturizer to supplement (as suggested on the packaging).
I gave this product a 4/5 just for the discomfort felt with peeling however, this is to be expected!
Kim M.
I got a mini of this mask from Sephora by redeeming 100 points for it. I know it is a best seller so I figured I needed to try it out. I decided to just try it in my t-zone because I wasn't sure how much I would need and wanted to be able to compare how my skin looked before and after. I applied with my fingers and it was easier than a few of the peel off masks I have used in the past. It does take quite a bit of product to make the layer thick enough to easily pull off though. I waited the 20 minutes and it was entirely dry so I removed it. There was no pain or discomfort at all and it came off in under a minute, which was much faster than GlamGlow's peel off, and there was minimal residue that I wiped off with a wet washcloth. Looking at the mask after it was removed there was nothing in it, no hair, no sebaceous filaments or blackheads, and no dead skin. The areas that I had the mask on were red and more matte than the areas that did not - that is definitely not what I would want from a "luminizing" mask. The redness lingered for hours and didn't go away until the next day. Other than the dryness and redness that lingered after using this mask, I saw no results. Because one of the main ingredients is alcohol I'm sure that's why it was drying and irritating, so this definitely isn't for dry or sensitive skin, even my dry acne prone skin didn't like this. I'm not sure why people love this so much, I guess it must just be from the fun of using a peel off mask. I'll probably use this another one or two times to make sure my opinion doesn't change and will update my review here, but I would say this is a big pass and wouldn't recommend to anyone
Sam S.
San antonio, TX
I received this product complimentary in a VoxBox and I was super excited to try this product out- especially since charcoal is a huge skincare trend right now. The texture was a bit thick and gooey which doesn’t bother me as it was still super easy to apply. I waited about 40 minutes to peel the mask off (longer than required) and some areas were still not dry because I applied too thick of a layer in those areas. It wasn’t a big deal though, I just used warm water and a towel to wash the rest off.

After peeling it off, which felt so satisfying, my skin was baby soft and the pores on my nose were smaller. I loved the way my face felt! It really reminded me of the BLAQ charcoal mask and I was impressed.

Tip: Avoid putting this close to your hairline or eyebrows. It really clings to the hair which is painful when trying to peel the mask off.
Mariah B.
Hamilton, ON
I love this mask (best mask I've ever tried), but I find that it REALLY hurts when I peel it off. To ease up on the pain, I put the black mask on my chin, nose, and forehead. What do you do?
Jessica H.
Grand Prairie , TX
How good does this work? I want to get it but have been hesitant upon reading reviews.
Anugrah M.
Dubuque , IA
Does this mask peel off easily? Do you think it works well? How often is it recommended to be used?
Alyssa K.
Does this actually work? And is it worth the money?
Shannon B.
Lynnwood, WA
How does his compare to more affordable alternative brands with the same type of product?