BY BOSCIA #78 in Face Masks

A pore-minimizing hydrogel mask blended with bamboo charcoal, a natural element with deep-cleansing properties. This hydrogel mask cleanses the skin reducing the appearance of pores as it removes blackheads and whiteheads giving the complexion a renewed look. Enriched with bamboo charcoal to help draw out blackheads, it expels toxins and minimizes the appearance of pores to leave the skin soft, refined, and revived.

• I've always wanted to try a charcoal mask! Which one should I try?4 Answers
  • Does this product rip out blackheads? I mean I don't wanna look at ...2 Answers
  • Are charcoal masks really helpful for your pores? These seem to be ...1 Answers
Reviews (1912)
Buy on Sephora
Victoria S.
Victoria S.
New Hyde Park, NY
I always like to get sheet masks for a quick easy treatment for the skin so when I saw this one it really intrigued me. I do have acne prone skin and I struggle with blackheads & larger pores on the inner portion of my face. I also have combination oily skin. This mask is more of a gel mask. When you open it I will say that the mask feels very wet and super slippery to the point when it was a little difficult to place it onto my skin. Once I got it on there it immediately had a cooling effect which I really liked. At times I felt like it was going to fall off but it didn't it was probably just because of the consistency of the mask. After taking the mask of I massaged whatever was left of the mask into my skin. I was very impressed the next day. My skin felt clean, refreshed, and it improved the clarity/texture. For using this mask only one time and seeing that is pretty amazing. Whenever I want to pamper myself with an inexpensive mask I will go for this one and use it with my sister or my friend. It really works.
Cindy C.
Cindy C.
Portland, OR
Be prepared to be shocked at how your face looks once you apply the mask! It's hard not to laugh when you do this mask with friends. But it's really worth it and one of my favorite masks if you are concerned about your pores. Sometimes I do wish that the mask was a little more on the hard side because it can be flimsy upon removal. The point of this is to pull the gunk out of your face but also be able to reach the crevices that might not be reached if you had say a paper mask. I love this product because the peeling of it is just so satisfying to see all of that come off your face. I do highly recommend putting a thick layer or it won't be strong enough to peel off and then you'll have to rub your face with friction to get the mask off, and that's not pleasant at all.
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
Issaquah, WA
I personally love sheet masks, so when I was looking through my options on which ones to buy this one stood out to me. I have large pores and thought I'd give it a go. Side note: I do love that this product is vegan! I thought the application was a bit harder than other sheet masks I have worn in the past, but nothing too bad. I usually just lay down and pretend I'm at a spa anyways when I wear sheet masks. I do think this mask did make my pores less visible, and left my face feeling refreshed and hydrated. I will definitely be purchasing more of this mask and seeing if after a few uses my pores will be much smaller!
Elizabeth M.
Elizabeth M.
Saint Peters, MO
Absolutely do not recommend, I had heard so many great things about this mask, that I bought one from Sephora for my Birthday. Upon application I immediately noticed a tingling sensation. This did not bother me as this can happen with sheet masks. Then the tingling turned into a burning sensation, that quickly became very unpleasant. I could not leave it on my face even ten minutes, I barely made it five. I checked the ingredient list to make sure it wasn't an allergic reaction and it wasn't. For the price this mask was so not worth it and I will never buy this mask again to be sure.
Harley W.
Harley W.
This was my first sheet mask I've used. Wow, these things are weird. This sheet mask was super, super slimy and hard to get a handle on while applying. Once I applied it, I went and laid on the couch for about 15 minutes. I started getting an itchy face so I took it off before the full 20 minutes. Once I took the mask of, my face was still very sticky. I couldn't handle just leaving the mask residue on, so I rubbed it off with a towel. My pores aren't looking too different. I'll be honest, I'm not sure how much I enjoy sheet masks. I prefer the tube mask / mud mask types.
Kayla M.
Kayla M.
I won this through a contest here on Influenster and it was not an enjoyable experience. While I thought it was a neat idea to have a two-piece mask, they were huge and didn't fit onto my face well as I have a smaller face. Because of this, the oils got in my hair and eyebrows and eyelashes and caused a mess. The slimy texture did leave my skin feeling soft, but didn't minimize my pores. The packaging made it difficult to get the mask out, which was also not a pleasure. The idea was good, but the execution of it was not to my expectations.
Lia D.
Lia D.
Temecula, CA
This is a more expensive mask and honestly I did not feel like I got better results out of this compared to my $1-2 Asian sheet masks but I still enjoyed it and it is a good mask, so if you don't mind the price then go for it! It left my skin feeling refreshed and my pores looked minimized as well. I actually really like the hydrogel and it's always fun use these compared to all the regular sheet masks I have. I laid down and relaxed the majority of the time I had this on but when I was up and walking it did not fall off my face.
Sandra P.
Sandra P.

This mask has it's pros and cons. I like the texture of the mask and that it fits my face really well. It feels very refreshing. I did notice that my pores looked a bit smaller after I did this mask. I thought that it might leave my face feeling too tight or uncomfortable but my skin felt clean and only a little tight afterwards. For $8 though I don't think it is really worth buying all the time. I think if it was 2 for $8, then it would be more reasonable. But for a pamper session after a long day this is really nice.
Nicole K.
Nicole K.
The skin on my face is very dry, so believe me when I say I'm always on the quest for a miracle product. I also have an issue with large pores, especially on my t-zone and cheeks. What I have learned, however, is that there is not a product that can actually minimize the size of your pores... Just change the appearance of them. With that being said, I liked the product (I have always loved face masks and a bath), but it does not minimize my pores. I have better luck with a blurring primer or lotion with collagen.
Alana H.
Alana H.
I was excited to try this product when I saw it on the Sephora website, as it was the first peel-off and charcoal mask I've tried. After letting the mask dry I began to peel it off. Maybe I didn't apply the product thickly enough because I had a hard time peeling it off my skin and ended up using a washcloth to get bits left behind. I tried using the mask a few more times but still didn't notice any difference in my skin. While I like other Boscia products, I would not recommend this mask.
Delaney D.
Delaney D.
I've always wanted to try a charcoal mask! Which one should I try?
Maritza Z.
Maritza Z.
Ceres, CA
I've watched so many videos with products similar to the boscia charcoal mask. Some show the charcoal mask as being painful when they remove it others just take it off like nothing. Lol so does it really help the pores minimize?? And does this one hurt?
Oriana G.
Oriana G.
Katy, TX
where can I buy it? not online
Sierra L.
Sierra L.
El Dorado Hills, CA
Has anyone else tried these? and can you compare to any other mask you have tried? thanks
Amy  Jo S.
Amy Jo S.
Urbana, OH
Can you use this daily? Does it hurt to remove?