BY BOSCIA #8 in Facial Peels

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Sensitive A lightweight facial peel gel, powered by black charcoal, that works as a physical exfoliant and a chemical peel to deeply purify pores. Solutions for:- Pores- Dullness and uneven texture- Uneven skintone If you want to know more…Designed to be used on dry skin, this deep cleansing facial peel gel contains exfoliating molecules that bond together as you buff skin to produce a physical peel. Then, they adhere to old, dead skin cells and visibly remove them with volcanic sand a natural exfoliant derived from lava for a unique, deep exfoliation experience. Particles in volcanic sand also maintain their form in water, so exfoliation is not only thorough, but even on skin. Once the outer layer of debris is physically removed, glycolic acid penetrates into skin as a chemical facial peel, providing further exfoliation and removal of dirt, oil, and impurities from pores with activated black charcoal. Artichoke leaf extract visibly reduces pore size and enhances skin's elasticity, so pore walls are less likely to stretch and retain debris. Upon rinsing, skin feels cleaner, smoother, and softer. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates This product is dermatologist tested and free of preservatives, artificial fragrance, color, gluten, and ethanol alcohol.

• Does this work well?1 Answers
  • I love the original (purple) exfoilating peel gel, how does this ...1 Answers
  • I just saw this the other day and wondered what it was like so no...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Rey E.
Santa Monica, CA
I was looking for a gel exfoliant that would rub off the dead skin.
I tried this and it doesn't feel like it really exfoliates, even though clumps of the charcoal gel accumulate as you rub. It just didn't leave my skin feeling softer or exfoliated.
This product also left my skin feeling heated. I don't have super sensitive skin but it's uncomfortable, even though I didn't leave it on for too long. I wouldn't recommend this product. I think there are others in the market that are more effective for this price point.
Amanda J.
Albany
I use this 1-2 times a week as an exfoliant and it's great. I like to use it before I do a facemask or pore cleansing mask because it opens up the pores and allows the blackheads to come out easier. my skin always looks and feels amazing after putting on moisturizer after using this. It is a chemical peel meaning that as you rub it in, your dead skin cells will start to gather up and come off on top of your skin. It is very gentle however and doesn't cause any redness. Only downfall is that it makes a mess in your sink lol
Erin Z.
Pontiac, MI
Love this stuff. I know it has ingredients in t to make you think you're getting more dead skin off than you actually are, (placebo) but it does work and it does leave your skin feeling smooth and great after. I've even lathered it on my arms after a nice hot bath, when I could use a great exfoliation. I remember one time, bc hot baths always bring out the skin peel, seeing my arms "exfoliate" after drying with a towel, so I scrubbed this on both arms and it exfoliated my body well, and my arms felt great after. It's effective and does it's job, and at a price point lower than the other peel gels I came across.
Kim R.
West Babylon, NY
I absolutely LOVE the regular peeling gel! I work at Sephora and I adored putting this on all my clients no matter their skin type. Anyone from severely dry to intensely oily can use this. It's not harsh and helps speed up the renewal of your skin cells by peeling off all the dry patches. When I saw the charcoal version I was excited to try it. But I just don't like the fact that it's tinted. If even a little is still stuck on your skin you can see it. And this one has a scent that some sensitive clients just do not like. I would go for the original over this one.
Tristen F.
LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. When I saw this product at Sephoria I was kind of hesitant. The price on this item is a little expensive. But it's totally worth every cent I spent on it. My skin is so dry and very flakey. Before applying makeup, I'd use this product to get all those flakes off and just clear my skin up for a nice glow. Not only does this product just take off that extra unwanted dry skin but it also gets into your pores to get those nasty blackheads. This product smells great but it really helped me. I'd also recommend to moisturize after every use.
Julia W.
Norton
This peel gel is so much fun! I was skeptical at first but after using for the first time and feeling my skin, I am a fan! The packaging is also beautiful. I would definitely buy again even at a price that is higher then I'm used to boscia Exfoliating Peel Gel
Kazandra R.
New Berlin, WI
I purchased this item a few months ago from a Sephora by me. This item has simple packaging and a nice pump that gives a generous, but not excessive amount of product.
The product pumps out smooth but once you rub it into your skin the dead skin cells begin to slough off. I was amazed because I've never seen a product do that right before my eyes!
Other products that have those big microbeads irritate my skin, but this product caused no redness or irritation after use. It was also able to get rid of all the dead skin I had from using my tretinoin. This product is amazing and I would not hesitate to purchase again!
Gina L.
Philadelphia, PA
Oh, this product. It is a really neat concept that needs a little more oomph in order to be really effective. I picked this guy up at Sephora after hearing some hype about it online. The idea is that you pump out a gel that you rub on your face, and as you rub it the gel dries and peels off similarly to a facial mask, just small bits at a time. While the mask does *seem* to pull up some skin, it really is too gentle to do much in the way of exfoliating for folks with dry skin. This is a hard pass for me, as much as I wanted to like it.
Stephanie G.
I love peeling gels! Boscia peeling gel smells good and gets the job done. The only thing I didn’t like was the consistency is a little runny so it requires more product to get that job done. I feel like I went through the bottle a lot faster than other brands.
Jess S.
I rave about this to everyone I know!! Good for any kind of skin, and easy to use. In my opinion it's a steal because there is just so much product and since you should only use two to three times a week it will last a while. I didn't know this existed until one day a sephora employee used it on me before doing my makeup. It works wonders and the original exfoliation peel is wonderful too, I just prefer this charcoal one. Whenever I stop at sephora I always have to ask for samples just to be sure I never run out of this amazing product
Yomna S.
Windsor
Can I use this daily????
Can it also help with oily skin??
Kayla H.
I have really oily skin and deep pores and blackheads. Does this minimize oils and pores and reduce blackheads?
Rachel O.
I love the original (purple) exfoilating peel gel, how does this one compare? Is it better or worse? Does it smell bad?
catalina a.
Milwaukee, WI
Does this help get rid of black/white heads?