Add a Photo

By BOSCIA
#55 in Face Masks

Which skin type is it good for? Normal Oily Combination Sensitive A lightweight facial peel gel, powered by black charcoal, that works as a physical exfoliant and a chemical peel to deeply purify pores. Solutions for:- Pores- Dullness and uneven texture- Uneven skintone If you want to know more…Designed to be used on dry skin, this deep cleansing facial peel gel contains exfoliating molecules that bond together as you buff skin to produce a physical peel. Then, they adhere to old, dead skin cells and visibly remove them with volcanic sand a natural exfoliant derived from lava for a unique, deep exfoliation experience. Particles in volcanic sand also maintain their form in water, so exfoliation is not only thorough, but even on skin. Once the outer layer of debris is physically removed, glycolic acid penetrates into skin as a chemical facial peel, providing further exfoliation and removal of dirt, oil, and impurities from pores with activated black charcoal. Artichoke leaf extract visibly reduces pore size and enhances skin's elasticity, so pore walls are less likely to stretch and retain debris. Upon rinsing, skin feels cleaner, smoother, and softer. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates This product is dermatologist tested and free of preservatives, artificial fragrance, color, gluten, and ethanol alcohol.

Photos (8)
Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.
Hillsborough , NC

I am a late 20-something who is becoming more interested in skin care products to prevent aging and promote healthy skin. I chose this product because I was interested in this product to exfoliate dead skin cells. I used this product for 2 weeks and had to return it. I would applied it to clean, towel dried skin and massage it into my to zone and cheeks. It immediately began to bead up dark pieces of plastic-y product. It also gets stuck in all the fine baby hairs on the edge of my face. I tried exfoliating my face after using this product to help get the black products bits out of my baby hairs but they didn't come out. I ended up having to pick all the product bits out, which was tedious and irritating to my face. I ended up returning this product due to that inconvenience as well as the fact that after 2 weeks of use, I noticed no changes or improvements in my skin. I am still on the hunt for a great chemical/physical peel to use.
Vaness M.
Vaness M.

I have been DYING to try a "peel off" mask!..., was reluctant to order from a non-reputable Brand, or a brand that I have NEVER heard about! I LOVE Boscia already! the charcoal mattifying makeup spray is a holy grail to not only my makeup routine, but to my
Makeup kit as well! Having oily skin is a absolutely the WORST! You look like an greasy, shiny nude disco ball. Being a makeup artist you have to cater and be prepared for various skin problems and skin types. Boscia has done that! The charcoal peel off mask has become a weekly routine. With the Boscia black charcoal Deep-Pore Exfoliating Peel Gel with volcanic sand. My skin feels amazing... BEST of all my skin is actually mattified, (no more nude disco ball!) you WILL NOT BE DIDSSPPOINTED with these products!! #HONESTreview #Truthful #greaseball #BosciaCharcoal #mattifyme
Rachelle W.
Rachelle W.
Damascus , OR

This product was especially intriguing because its apart of their charcoal line. As an oily/combination skin type, I figured I'd give this a try. This "chemical" exfoliant is to be used after cleansing; you take a pump and start rubbing the gel into your skin, as you start making friction, immediately your dead skin cells start sloughing off (it feels as gross as it sounds!) once the gel is done doing its magic, my skin immediately feels soft and a tad brighter, I don't have sensitive skin but i feel this is gentle enough for my people out there that do. Would i prefer this over a manual exfoliator? No. I prefer feeling the dead skin come off as to seeing it, those of you that like to see results instantly would LOVE this but as for me, ill stick to my grainy exfoliators.
sara S.
sara S.

It was okay, nothing crazy spectacular. Not real harsh, liked I thought the volcanic particles would be.. (I can't see the entire name so I hope I'm giving the correct review..) but for myself, I need something that removes the dirt out of my pores, and this one was more of an exfoliate, n left black stuff behind in some of my pores! Ewe! Ugh.. I had to get a different scrub to get that off, cuz I have a fallen follicle..so it's like an enlarged pore! This has happened with other black products also to me, so I can't discriminate against it in particular because of it. But still..overall .it was/is ok, not bad but nothing super special. I love some Boscia products, but this one didn't over excite me. I wouldn't buy it again..there are so many other products out there!
Maria I.
Maria I.
West Jordan, UT

I can't say enough good things about Boscia products! From the very first time I used Boscia, I fell in love and using just the one product made me want to try more. This peeling mask is so amazing! It truly gets deep down into your pores and pulls out imperfections! I have noticed such a ridiculous huge difference in the clarity of my pores and that says a lot because I do have bigger pores. It does make my pores appear smaller, not sure if it actually shrinks the pores, but the appearance does make them appear smaller WITH regular use. If I don't use this on a regular basis in my skin care regimen, my pores "go back to normal." I personally think that Boscia is a very affordable high end skin care line.
Kaitlin C.
Kaitlin C.
Madison, AL

I've only had this for about three weeks but I have noticed a huge difference in my skin when I take the time to use this product. This is very easy to use and a bit satisfying also due to the little black bits, that I'm assuming is all of the dead skin, literally fall off of your face. This can be a little messy due to said black bits but it is so worth the little bit of mess. I see a difference in the amount of blackheads on my nose and chin and my skin glows after one use of this. I would suggest working in a section at a time because this dries pretty fast.
CJ B.
CJ B.

I absolutely love this brand! All of their products work wonders! Their exfoliating peel gel's really work. Their packaging is super simple and pretty. I got Mine at sephora! I would definitely recommend this to others! What I like to do is use that first then get all the excess dead skin off of my face. The go ahead with your normal skin care routine! I suggest using st. Ives peach scrub at the very end for a smooth finish! You will have beautiful skin in no time! For more skin care and beauty tips follow @glambyseajay on instagram!
Tammy U.
Tammy U.
Flomaton, AL

I'm in love with how clean my skin feels after using this product! I tend to use a multi step (Korean method) cleaning regime. First I use coconut oil to breakup and remove the makeup. Then I use an astringent to completely remove the makeup and treat any potential breakouts. Using this boscia Charcoal Deep Pore Exfoliating Peel Gel just makes me feel squeeky clean before I tone and moisture. I've received a few Boscia samples from Sephora and I believe they are top notch in skin care! Wish I could afford their whole line!
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Mason, MI

I bought this at Sephora recently and have used it about twice a week for the last three weeks. This is an excellent product! I have combination and sensitive skin, and am very acne prone (i.e. Accutane for most of my teens and early 20s). This work wonders on helping to remove dead skin and build up, without making my face itchy and tight. I can't call it a miracle product quite yet but it's so far one of the most effective products I've ever used. I also find the peel effect satisfying haha. I highly recommend this product!
Harper B.
Harper B.
Camillus, NY

I have only ever used this mask as a sample size, unfortunately, because I would have repurchased the full size if I was able to. This mask does wonders for my skin, which surprised me. Because my skin type is dry to very dry, I'm not used to charcoal masks actually doing me any good. This one, however, left my skin feeling unbelivably clean and pure, and even helped to reduce and even vanish some of my acne. I would love to have been able to try this more in-depth to make sure it worked more than just twice.
Can it also help with oily skin??
catalina a.
catalina a.
Milwaukee, WI

Does this help get rid of black/white heads?
Rachel O.
Rachel O.

I love the original (purple) exfoilating peel gel, how does this one compare? Is it better or worse? Does it smell bad?
Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.
P C Beach, FL

Does this work well?
janae w.
janae w.

Can this product help with any dark spots?