Arts & CraftsMediaBooksBorn a Crime
: Stories from a South African Childhood (Hardcover) (Trevor Noah)

Born a Crime : Stories from a South African Childhood (Hardcover) (Trevor Noah)

by Born a Crime

Has anyone read this book? I’m on the verge of purchasing it, but don’t know if I should?
Start your review of Born a Crime : Stories from a South African Childhood (Hardcover) (Trevor Noah)!
How would you rate this product?
Natalie T.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Born a Crime : Stories from a South African Childhood (Hardcover) (Trevor Noah) uploaded by Natalie T.
This book is great and will give you a great laugh. This memoir is a good read if you don't know who he is. I enjoyed the way he tell his story, it draws me in deeply. I'll recommend this and buy again as a gift for bookworms. Born a Crime : Stories from a South African Childhood (Hardcover) (Trevor Noah)
Becca D.
I read this in two days. I don’t watch Trevor Noah’s show, but I really enjoyed this. He threaded the needle between moving and funny really well.
amie Z.
EXCELLENT BOOK I love this book and I barley enjoy reading! I highly recommend this to everyone. You won't regret reading this book
Valerie V.
San Jose
I was recommended this book and I don’t really know who Trevor Noah was... however this book really opened up with how life was not only living in an oppressed society but also living as if a crime. This book was not only engaging to read (im not really a big fan of biographies) but it was fun and funny to read. I appreciate this book for giving me a perspective of a different lifestyle and the privilege that I have. Overall, this is an amazing book and I 100% recommend even if you’re not a big book fan. You will have a laugh!
Liz I.
Even if you don’t know Trevor Noah from The Daily Show, you should read these memoirs. You’ll learn a lot about apartheid and post-apartheid South Africa through his stories of his childhood and early adulthood there, but it’s also just a beautiful story about his relationship with his mother. 10/10.
Shelly R.
E Brunswick, NJ
This book was hilarious. He shares the most heartwarming, funny, intelligent stories. It was a quick read and i would definitely read it again. It gives so much insight into what Trevor's upbringing was like during apartheid and how he overcame his struggles.
Keisha B.
Brooklyn, NY
THIS BOOK IS EVERYTHING. If you didn’t love Trevor Noah before this book will make you head over heels about the guy. This books takes you from the peaks and valleys of human emotion. One minute you’re laughing till you can’t breath and the next you’re crying for people you’ve never met . Truly a must read.
Jessica T.
Clifton, NJ
Definitely worth the read. Great book so funny witty, and endearing. Trevor Noah is a genius and this book is a look into his life and his background. I love this book.
Shauna K.
Brampton, ON
Bookworm Expert Level 5
Born a Crime : Stories from a South African Childhood (Hardcover) (Trevor Noah) uploaded by Shauna K.
I read this for a class in university. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it! There are some pretty daunting topics in the book, but the author is very funny. I never knew who Trevor Noah was before this book. I'm glad I read it. #book #bookworm #cozycup #zenden #backtoschool