Borat

by Larry Charles

Sacha Baron Cohen brings his Kazakh journalist character Borat Sagdiyev to the big screen for the first time. Leaving his native Kazakhstan, Borat travels to America to make a documentary. As he zigzags across the nation, Borat meets real people in real situations with hysterical consequences. His backwards behavior generates strong reactions around him exposing prejudices and hypocrisies in American culture.

Would you recommend this movie?
Start your review of Borat!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“With that being said, the acting is not good, the story line is terrible and the shock value and rediculous script is what made this so popular. ” in reviews
“That being said, it was really funny and shocking the first time I watched it, and it was fun to quote afterwards, but I probably wouldn't watch it again.” in reviews
“This movie is very funny with a cheesy kind of flair to it.” in reviews
“It is actually really offensive and the source of too many annoying quotes that were overused when this movie first came out.” in reviews
“I thought this was going to be an amazing movie from everything I heard about it, but I didn't like it at all.” in reviews
Not a fan of this movie. There's a lot of dry humor and cultural appropriation. It's a mindless movie, something to plug in for background noise but definitely not something I would watch over and over.
New London , OH
This movie is very funny with a cheesy kind of flair to it. I watched it with my son who kept raving about it. All we did was laugh through the whole movie.
Overland Park, KS
I don't find these movies funny really. I get they're supposed to be satire, they're just over the top vulgar. Like something a little kid would laugh at.
Stonington, ME
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This movie is so obnoxious but HILARIOUS! I can't even handle the humor.. and how blunt it is. Rough acting but it makes up for the comedy. Ridiculous.
Finally got to see one of the most talked about.... and honestly i found it rather annoying, guess you have to have a certain sence of humor for it
This movie is hilarious, if not a bit insane and in your face rude funny, they made it well even though it is a little gross sometimes.
WInthrop, MA
Oh my! This movie was hilarious if you like cheesey comedies. When they are filming some of the things he does are so ridiculous.
This movie is so hilarious!! The characters are played perfectly and even the other movies are so fun to watch! Yes, even Bruno!
Goshen, IN
I think Sacha Baron Cohen is the only one who finds himself funny. All his movies are obnoxious and racist. Not good.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This movie is one of the most funniest movies hands down that I hVe watched! Have watched it several times!