BY LARRY CHARLES

Sacha Baron Cohen brings his Kazakh journalist character Borat Sagdiyev to the big screen for the first time. Leaving his native Kazakhstan, Borat travels to America to make a documentary. As he zigzags across the nation, Borat meets real people in real situations with hysterical consequences. His backwards behavior generates strong reactions around him exposing prejudices and hypocrisies in American culture.

Borat
  • "That being said, it was really funny and shocking the first time I watched it, and it was fun to quote afterwards, but I probably wouldn't watch it again." in 1 review
  • "It is actually really offensive and the source of too many annoying quotes that were overused when this movie first came out." in 1 review
  • "With that being said, the acting is not good, the story line is terrible and the shock value and rediculous script is what made this so popular. " in 1 review
  • "This movie is very funny with a cheesy kind of flair to it." in 1 review
  • "I thought this was going to be an amazing movie from everything I heard about it, but I didn't like it at all." in 1 review
Colleen K.
Madison, WI
An all time classic comedy. Yes, it can be seen as offensive, but looking past that, the majority of the scenes are hilarious and it truly is one of those comedies where you can't stop laughing. Also a movie easily to quote also.
Olivia H.
Gilbert, AZ
Funny! It is pretty crude so if you sensitive, this may not be the movie for you. However, I think Sasha Baron Cohen is hilarious and that he has a totally unique comedy. I would recommend.
samantha e.
San Jose, CA
I think this movie is HILARIOUS!!  I die laughing every time I watch it.  It is definitely not for children or anyone without a strong sense of humor.  This movie has so many good quotes to pass around.  I will watch this any time I have the chance to.
Heather L.
The movie was okay, but it did have some awesome quotes that my friends, and I often use when joking around. If you like crazy, 'omg, they just did what?" kind of comedies, then you will enjoy this. If you like this then watch Bruno. I died watching Bruno. It was pretty damn funny.
Sammi R.
Stevens Point, WI
The first time I watched this movie, it was kind of funny, my favorite part is during the deleted scenes when he's in the supermarket asking if things are potatoes, but it's actually cheese. I quote it all the time.
Kendra P.
North Pole, AK
I'm going to be honest, I think the movie is funny. With that being said, the acting is not good, the story line is terrible and the shock value and rediculous script is what made this so popular.
Joi D.
Randallstown, MD
I didn't think this was funny. I'm not really a fan of Sacha Baron Cohen or his "characters",so that is probably why. It is actually really offensive and the source of too many annoying quotes that were overused when this movie first came out.
Denise V.
I thought this was going to be an amazing movie from everything I heard about it, but I didn't like it at all. There wasn't anything that made me ever want to watch it again.
Michael D.
Sullivans Island, SC
FUNNNNNNNY! I love Sacha Cohen and this is his greatest work of art. He is soooo funny in this that I think I may go watch it again right now. Actually, yes I am going to watch it right now!
Tripti N.
Not a fan of this movie. There's a lot of dry humor and cultural appropriation. It's a mindless movie, something to plug in for background noise but definitely not something I would watch over and over.
Sharon R.
Winthrop, MA
Would you recommend this movie?