Add a Photo

By BOOTS
#124 in Face Masks

Treat your skin to deep cleansing with this mineral-rich clay mask. Designed for use on normal skin, the unscented, hypo-allergenic formula absorbs excess oil and deeply cleanses skin. The oceanic clay exhibits a negative electrical charge, which helps to draw out impurities without overdrying, skin is left looking clearer whilst feeling softer and smoother. Willowbark, a key ingredient in the Boots Botanics Shine Away Ionic Clay Mask, is nature’s champion clarifier. The bark of the willow tree is a natural source of salicylic acid which helps to refine skin texture and actively target imperfections. How to Use: Shake well before use. Apply to cleansed skin and leave to dry for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water. About Boots Botanics. · A total beauty regimen – cosmetics, skincare, hand and body, and organic – capturing the beauty boosting power of plants to create efficacious skincare solutions.

· Features 10 unique plant extracts, authenticated in conjunction with The Royal Botanic Gardens at Kew, London.

· All products are free of parabens, mineral oils, paraffin waxes, SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) and SLES (Sodium Laureth Sulfate), replacing man-made chemicals with natural ingredients where possible.

· Not tested on animals and no animal ingredients are included, making the range suitable for use by vegetarians.

· The packaging is designed with low packaging-to-product ratio, using recycled materials where possible, and can be easily recycled, where local facilities are available.

Photos (33)
Kathy Z.
Kathy Z.
San Jose, CA

I lovee that Boots came out with the Botanics line. I bought almost everything I was able to get my hands on when this line came out. Also, it wasn't a hard sell to me since clay masks are one of my favorites. This product is a little more on the watery side compared to the Origins charcoal clay mask. I kinda of just pain this on all over avoiding my eyes so I look like a reverse panda. My favorite thing about this mask compared to my others is that when it dries, you can see where the product sunk into your pores a little to absorb the oil (or so I hope this is what's going on). Also, it's a lot more affordable than other clay mask, which is definitely a plus!
Connie C.
Connie C.
Berkeley, CA

I love this clay mask! It makes my skin very soft, although a bit dry (I have combo skin) but it really feels like it's pulling out oils and dirt from my skin. I usually use this mask on a freshly washed, steamed face so that my pores are very open and the mask can penetrate deeply. I usually leave it on for less than 10 minutes to just about where it's almost fully dry and then I wash it off right away to prevent it from drying out my skin too much. I don't know how helpful this is with actually cleaning or reducing acne, but it feels good and is fun so I'll keep using it! It has a , well, clay smell but it's not too unpleasant. I got this from a Voxbox!
Leslie N.
Leslie N.
Springfield, MA

This mask does a decent job at helping get the gunk out of your pores which in turn make them look smaller (pores can't open and close, but if there's stuff in them, they can look really big - once the stuff comes out they'll shrink some). I bought it as a cheaper alternative to the GlamGlow SuperMud and it's not nearly as good. It dries really fast, which I appreciate. I don't like how watery the formula is. I always shake it first and even then it still drips.
Bethany G.
Bethany G.

I bought this at Target for $10 because it was the only clay mask I saw. I was wary because it's a small bottle, but I was very surprised how far it really goes. I've used it several times and I still have a lot left. It *is* watery, but if you shake it up, it gets a lot better. Sometimes I think it gets my face too clean and causes my face to overproduce oils, causing breakouts...but I've found that using a moisturizer after my mask helps that.
Nikki S.
Nikki S.
N Dartmouth, MA

I got this product for free for testing purposes and I absolutely loved it! The clay mask leaves my face feeling refreshed and clean. As soon as I ran out of the free sample I immediately raced to my nearest drugstore for more! I'm not kidding when I say I use it religiously, every other week I do a full face mask and sometimes if I have a break out I use it as a spot treatment. I recommend this product for any skin type.
Gaby L.
Gaby L.
Green Bay, WI

I just used this for the first time last night, I purchased it from Target for $10.00. I followed the instructions and left it on for about ten minutes. It was surprisingly easy to rinse off, and I feel like after a couple uses it will surface a lot of the things beneath. If I would have exfoliated after it would have been a perfect experience. I would definitely recommended it!
Djenane C.
Djenane C.
Round Rock, TX

I love this mask. it's a little lighter that I would have liked but it get the job done. i use when I'm about to go out and don't have time for my heavier mask routine. it helps to reduce my pore size and my face just feels cleaner and clearer after that. i love that i can get it at target and the price isn't so bad either. it's also the mask i travel with. love it.
Sarah T.
Sarah T.

I am a huge fan of Boots products, and this facial mask is no exception! It comes in a smaller container which is perfect for those who love to travel due to its convenient size. I would definitely purchase this product again, it makes my skin feel smooth and definitely helps with acne. Affordable as well, you can purchase at Target.
Elaine H.
Elaine H.
Belfast, Northern Ireland

This product is a god send!! At first I thought the tube was extremely small but a little goes a long way! A day or two after I first tried the product I broke out slightly but my skin has improved dramatically since!!

My skin feels so smooth now and is so much clearer! I would recommend this to any of my friends!!
Marci M.
Marci M.

THIS MASK IS AMAZING. I am not kidding, I was going to buy the glamglow mask but then I heard that this one did the exact same thing for 1/6th of the price! I can see it working and taking the oil out of my face as I am using it. And afterwards I see my blackheads reduced and my skin feels softer.
Johem S.
Johem S.
Ruskin , Fl

Who had to apply a moisturizer after?
Nicole S.
Nicole S.
Bukgu, Ulsan

Did anyone else find that the mask left your face a bit dry? Did you moisturize after use or do you suggest something else?
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Elizabethtown, Pa

Did anyone see their face break out a bit after using this?
Alicia H.
Alicia H.

DID THIS PRODUCT OVER DRY ANYONE'S SKIN?
Angela D.
Angela D.

I read a review that says this is not drying but read a review on a different site and it said it is. Anyone have any input?

Join Now